Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 9 Oct 02, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Anaheim Hotels

We have decided that we are going to California next year for our hols, and the Disney fix will be via Disneyland. Although I have stayed in different parts of LA before I have never stayed in Anaheim and was just wondering if anyone could recommend any hotels.

When I was looking through the Virgin brochure they have a few that look quite nice and they are flagship hotels, they are the Sheraton Anaheim and Westcoast Anaheim - has anybody stayed in these?

The rest of the holiday is sorted we are staying at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and the Town & Country Club in San Diego, so I just need to make a decision on Anaheim and I will then get it booked.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Helen
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 02, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

When we went in '94 we stayed at the Holiday Inn Anaheim which was only a few minutes from Disneyland and walking distance to loads of shops and places to eat - we could have walked to Disneyland had we felt so inclined. It was a very nice hotel (with inside corridors) and a good restaurant and swimming pool.

Most of the main hotels are situated very near the Park, I'm sure friends of mine have stayed at the Sheraton - is that the one shaped to look at bit like a castle?!

The MGM Grand at Las Vegas is 'awesome' - quite the most amazing hotel (along with most of the others along the Strip! ). And I loved San Diego too - I'm very envious!

I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the hotels in Anaheim, but if you need any other help re. Las Vegas, San Diego or Anaheim just give me a shout.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 02, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Helen how exciting.
Sorry can't help you with your question, we are going to LA but staying with friends. When are you going we are there 19th to the 24th Oct. 10 days and counting
Sounds like you're going to have an awesome holiday.ENJOY
Old 10 Oct 02, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Julie and Astrid for the replies.

I am going next September/October.

Astrid, the Sheraton is the one shaped like a castle, I do like the sound of it in the brochure and might have a look on the internet for the hotel.

Are there any decent restaurants, shops near Anaheim?

Astrid, I have been to Vegas and San Diego before and just loved both the places, hence the reason for going back. I have not stayed at the MGM yet so am really excited about staying here.

Thanks

Helen
Old 10 Oct 02, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Helen!

Right, now I know the Hotel you mean! It's very conveniently situated, right near the freeway and only a couple of mins from the Park.

My friends thought it was a lovely hotel, however, we are going back about 5/6 years but hopefully it hasn't changed much since then!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 02, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Hi,

Just moved this over to the DCL forum and left a link in general Trip Planning.

(Hope this is ok - if not, PM me)

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 02, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Shaun, wasn't sure were to post this.

Helen
Old 11 Oct 02, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyK
slightly serious Dibber

We are staying at the West Coast Anaheim next April. We got it through Priceline and I have read some positive reviews about it.
Tracy
TracyK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread