Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jul 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Travel City - years ago

I was thinking today of the forum members in the old Travel City site.
I used to post (under a different nom de plum) and just wondering if there are any others on here who did. This was obviously pre Virgin takeover.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

No I wasn't on it but used to get really cheap fly drives (pre kids days) out of season a few times a year. Miss those days (of cheap flights)...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not on the forum but we did the TC cheap fly drives a number of times. Quite enjoyed the stop off at Gander to stretch your legs. Good value flights that made our trips possible
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I didn't actually remember but Joan has just told me that she was a member of the TCD forum - although I don't know what she chatted about.

We used TCD about 15 times between 1997 and 2008 into SFB and never the same airline twice. The staff were really helpful and had often stayed in the hotels they were offering.

We were due to stay at Lighthouse Key on 192 in 2008 and I heard on the news on the way to work that they'd gone bust and by 8am Joan had rebooked with Virgin staying at Regal Palms before the prices went up.

Never did get to stay at Lighthouse Key in numerous visits since. Think it's been renamed as well.

Mick
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I was on it and often have wondered if others came over here (I know at least 2 that did but I think a lot changed their user names)

It was a good forum but did get very heated and abusive at times
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We used them they were great value for money until they went bust
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember there was a poster called Toady. I thought she always went to places for dinner which we couldnt.
That was in the days when we didnt have the £ to eat anywhere but buffets like Golden Coral or Ponderosa to fill my boys up.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
I remember there was a poster called Toady. I thought she always went to places for dinner which we couldnt.
That was in the days when we didnt have the £ to eat anywhere but buffets like Golden Coral or Ponderosa to fill my boys up.
Before we discovered Longhorn at Longboat Key back in 2003 we used to have our "posh" meals at the Magic Mining Company on 192. Closed a few years ago and is now a Cicis.

We thought we were even posher when we flew Sunshine First on TCD's branded 747.

Mick
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Booked with them but cant remember being on the forum, although could have been !

The last flight we booked for TCD we actually ended up on some old Air Atlanta 747 that seemed to have everything in the cabin stuck together with brown tape !
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Not on the forum but we did the TC cheap fly drives a number of times. Quite enjoyed the stop off at Gander to stretch your legs. Good value flights that made our trips possible
It was Bangor, Maine where we stopped to refuel. Remember clearly if it was early spring they had to de-ice the wings before take off.

Mick