Notices
Special Needs questions & advice relating to people with special needs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Fiona35
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 17
DAS pass - Idiopathic Anaphylaxis

Does anyone know if itís worth me applying for a DAS pass at Disney.

I suffer Idiopathic Anaphylaxis and one of my triggers is heat and stress, and I carry epi pens, liquid anti histamine and inhaler if itís needed. It varies from mild to severe reactions.

I visited Disney for the first time last year and didnít know this existed but I just used my three fast pass and left the park afterwards as it was too hot for me to stand in the stand by queue if it as over 30 mins and we couldnít get any more fast passes.

Itís not a big deal if I canít, we managed last time without it, i just didnít know this existed, it was a work colleague that mentioned I might benefit from it.

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
ziggyzag
Imagineer
 
ziggyzag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 16
Yes you would, just ask at guest services and they will add to your magic band/ticket

Edited at 06:00 AM.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Fiona35
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 17
Mobile

Thank you 😀

Do you know if just having a consultants letter identifying my issue with my plan of action will be enough proof or do I need a letter from my GP as well?
I'm presuming you just go to Guest Services and ask if you could apply for one and give them the reason / proof why you think you would benefit?

I'm sorry to ask so many question but I've never asked for anything like this, even now I feel guilty asking my it about it when there are other people who are worse off than me.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
scojos
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Mobile

They wont look at letters or proof they re not allowed.
Xx
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
ziggyzag
Imagineer
 
ziggyzag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 16
Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Thank you 😀

Do you know if just having a consultants letter identifying my issue with my plan of action will be enough proof or do I need a letter from my GP as well?
I'm presuming you just go to Guest Services and ask if you could apply for one and give them the reason / proof why you think you would benefit?

I'm sorry to ask so many question but I've never asked for anything like this, even now I feel guilty asking my it about it when there are other people who are worse off than me.
They are not allowed to look at any letters x
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Sep 14
Not entirely sure id want to risk death if Heat is such an issue for you?!
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Fiona35
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 17
Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
Not entirely sure id want to risk death if Heat is such an issue for you?!
I guess I am one of the lucky ones whose anaphylaxis at the moment doesnít affect my breathing, I just get hives, swelling in my body and face but itís never been in my throat and my BP drops causing me to pass out.
Itís taken years to work out what can trigger it and they are not entirely certain heat does as it doesnít happen all the time when Iím in the heat.
In the meantime I follow my consultantís advice and he said to not let this rule my life so I donít let it and carry on as normal with medicines to hand if I can feel a reaction coming on.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Sep 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
I guess I am one of the lucky ones whose anaphylaxis at the moment doesnít affect my breathing, I just get hives, swelling in my body and face but itís never been in my throat and my BP drops causing me to pass out.
Itís taken years to work out what can trigger it and they are not entirely certain heat does as it doesnít happen all the time when Iím in the heat.
In the meantime I follow my consultantís advice and he said to not let this rule my life so I donít let it and carry on as normal with medicines to hand if I can feel a reaction coming on.
Ahh! My bad. I always thought anaphylaxis to be when the throat becomes restricted (swelling) hence the death bit 😲 Mind you it still sounds terrible ☹️
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Animal Kingdom
On 26th September 8:53am
In the early hours of Tuesday 22nd September a baby female Masai Giraffe was born... Read More »
Posted in Hong Kong Disneyland
On 22nd September 8:15am
After initially reopening on 18th June Hong Kong Disneyland had to close again a month... Read More »
Posted in Disney Games
On 19th September 10:43am
Hasbro has released a new version of Disney Villains Monopoly that will bring out the... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2499
CaxtonFX  $1.2528
Covent Garden FX  $1.2659
FAIRFX  $1.2450
John Lewis  $1.2560
M&S  $1.2326
Post Office  $1.2317
Sainsburys  $1.2474
TESCO  $1.2499
Travelex  $1.2455
Updated: 19:00 28/09/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0746
CaxtonFX  €1.0740
Covent Garden FX  €1.0901
FAIRFX  €1.0660
John Lewis  €1.0795
M&S  €1.0600
Post Office  €1.0586
Sainsburys  €1.0730
TESCO  €1.0749
Travelex  €1.0704
Updated: 19:00 28/09/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now