Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Tix
Unread 31 Jul 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Guardian View on Going to Disney World Childless

Guardian does a piece on the Facebook rant about no childless couples in Disney World-

"While this Facebook post is quite old, someone on Twitter recently dug it up and started taking the mickey. It has now sparked a furious online debate about whether childfree people should be allowed to enter Disney-branded parks. My own thoughts on the matter are that something is very wrong with you if you are childfree and want to spend a small fortune surrounded by other peoples kids in a mouse-infested amusement park. "

Thoughts?
Unread 31 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I agree without our daughter or in the future maybe grandkids no way would i goto disney/universal just as a couple, as above surrounded by other peoples kids in a hot crowded very expensive park.

florida yes but no parks
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Very Serious Dibber

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'd go to Epcot and universal without kids.

Stopping people going to parks because they dont have kids is draconian, it's up to them.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 31 Jul 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We do Busch Sea World and Universal with just us both only do Disney now withnthe GDKs or first timer
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Excited about Disney

I never did Disneyworld when my children were young - too busy paying the bills to be able to afford it. We went as a family when the kids were 16, 18 and 22. I thought it was too late and wed missed the Magical Holiday moment. Couldnt have been more wrong - my adult children became little ones again for a few weeks and loved everything about WDW! It was so lovely to see my 22 year old son throw his arms around Winnie The Pooh and give him a huge hug. I have no idea why people think they can judge and decide whats best for others. Why does everyone have to have an opinion about everyone else? Personally, I like to live and let live. Maybe its time to take a step back and just concentrate on themselves and their own families

Edited at 07:25 PM.
emmafleur is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
Imagineer

I went for my 21st, no kids came and I loved it.
Its funny how different social media platforms are using this piece for different arguments, i am seeing lots of 'silly woman thinking she is entitled to things just because she has had a baby.'
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First stay onsite
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Guardian does a piece on the Facebook rant about no childless couples in Disney World-

"While this Facebook post is quite old, someone on Twitter recently dug it up and started taking the mickey. It has now sparked a furious online debate about whether childfree people should be allowed to enter Disney-branded parks. My own thoughts on the matter are that something is very wrong with you if you are childfree and want to spend a small fortune surrounded by other peoples kids in a mouse-infested amusement park. "

Thoughts?
I would think the facebook post (rant) would put a different slant on the guardian article if posted.

Unfortunately due to the language involved thats not possible.
scouse_minx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Solo at Cabana Bay & Wilderness Lodge
Unread 31 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

My husband and I have no children for various reasons and we have been to Disney and Universal just the two of us BECAUSE WE LOVE DISNEY AND UNIVERSAL 😊😊😊

Dont understand why its very wrong according to the article.
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Chicago and Boston
Eat and Play Card