Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile How much weight...

So, as we all know the American portions are large and most of the time are delicious but not always the healthiest offerings.
How much weight have you managed to put on during your holiday?
Or have you surprised yourself and lost weight?
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

My daughter has been there a year and come back home half a stone lighter 😉, lots of walking 😀
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Actually Iíve never found putting on weight a problem.

We stay in a villa so eat normally perhaps as we only eat out occasionally as that suits us.

Plus all that walking helps 😁!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Apprentice Imagineer

Never put weight on. We often lose weight. We've always had a filling breakfast then pretty much eat nothing all day until dinner in the evening. Spending all day in the sunshine walking around Disney/Universal puts a few miles in the feet... burning a fair few calories.. You'll probably surprise yourself.
Kissimmee Pines (2003), Holiday Inn (2004), All-Star Movies (Herbie) (2007), Port Orleans FQ (2008), Saratoga Springs & Animal Kingdom Villas (2009), Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Villas (2010), Disney's Newport Bay - Paris (2011), Sequoia Lodge (2012) (2020).

Bondy007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Probably about half a stone over 3 weeks, I am very active at home so all the walking is normal, I think it is the cocktails 🍹 and the extra treats 🙄
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think Iím usually about 5lbs heavier 😬

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Storm1
Earning More Ears

Storm1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I always lose weight in America mainly because I have one meal a day and it involves a lot of walking and its hot
Storm1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Probably about half a stone over 3 weeks, I am very active at home so all the walking is normal, I think it is the cocktails 🍹 and the extra treats 🙄
I was about to say the same. Iím really active, so walking around the parks doesnít counteract my over indulgence sadly 🐷

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

I put on 9lb last time!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

With the heat, all the extra walking and plenty of fluids it is no surprise that many dont notice a significant difference.
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I did put on as I would have thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Was just curious really as I've had family that have returned and felt no difference yet friends that have easily managed a stone.
As long as everyone is having fun and making the most of their holiday then it's all good 😁
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List