Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#11
wdw1991
Thread Starter
Dibbing with Tink
 
Join Date: Mar 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Hi ya, I helped a lot in the thread you are linked to but I can confirm that only the first riding party needs fastpasss the second does not as they use rider switch. I am 100% confident in this, Iíve used it on four trips now many many times. Anything else you hear is incorrect. You set up rider switch at the attraction and they will issue you with a return time that appears on MDE. I hope that helps!
Thanks for replying. Just makes me nervous if we had a cast member at an attraction turn us away! I guess il take the risk!
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#12
alkel2730
VIP Dibber
 
alkel2730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
Thanks for replying. Just makes me nervous if we had a cast member at an attraction turn us away! I guess il take the risk!
You wonít. Itís completely normal, and Iíve only ever once had a CM tell me we need a fastpass too but their colleague told them it was incorrect and we were fine. They ask you now if the first riding party has a fastpass or not, if they do the return time for RS is slightly different. I donít know how they work it out but they tick FP on their screen for party 1 and it gives a return time. They even have little booths set up at some now like slinky dog.
__________________
1st trip: 1985 - Travel Inn. 13 further trips as a child.
2003 & 2007 - June and May Homewood Suite I drive.
2009 - Sept Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - May/June Disneymoon trip! BWV & AKL.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR.
2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
wdw1991
Thread Starter
Dibbing with Tink
 
Join Date: Mar 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
You wonít. Itís completely normal, and Iíve only ever once had a CM tell me we need a fastpass too but their colleague told them it was incorrect and we were fine. They ask you now if the first riding party has a fastpass or not, if they do the return time for RS is slightly different. I donít know how they work it out but they tick FP on their screen for party 1 and it gives a return time. They even have little booths set up at some now like slinky dog.
Thanks! I had an email back from Disney and they still say everyone needs a Fastpass but Iím going to chance it without!
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
alkel2730
VIP Dibber
 
alkel2730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
Thanks! I had an email back from Disney and they still say everyone needs a Fastpass but Iím going to chance it without!
Youíll be fine, this may help: disneyparksmomspanel.disney... booked-373613/

Disneyís moms panel are really well trained, far better than the cms that answer emails so I would pay attention to the moms panel way above the CMs. I have been through both recruitment processes and let me tell you the moms panel are an elite squad when it comes to training, they know their stuff!
__________________
1st trip: 1985 - Travel Inn. 13 further trips as a child.
2003 & 2007 - June and May Homewood Suite I drive.
2009 - Sept Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - May/June Disneymoon trip! BWV & AKL.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR.
2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
Eccle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Just to report that today I was told off by a cast member at Big Thunder for not having a FP myself and asking for rider switch. She did give it to me and the two older boys who were riding again, but applied the standby wait time to it. I didnít push it as my youngest is over the height limit just didnít want to ride.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#16
Dolphin9511
Excited about Disney
 
Dolphin9511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 14
Location: Portsmouth
It doesnít matter if the child is over the ride height limit at all, rider switch is just if someone in your party doesnít want to ride
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#17
alkel2730
VIP Dibber
 
alkel2730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Just to report that today I was told off by a cast member at Big Thunder for not having a FP myself and asking for rider switch. She did give it to me and the two older boys who were riding again, but applied the standby wait time to it. I didnít push it as my youngest is over the height limit just didnít want to ride.
There is no point getting a rider switch if you have a fast pass, they are essentially the same thing. If you had a FP you donít need a RS. They were wrong.
__________________
1st trip: 1985 - Travel Inn. 13 further trips as a child.
2003 & 2007 - June and May Homewood Suite I drive.
2009 - Sept Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - May/June Disneymoon trip! BWV & AKL.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR.
2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#18
Eccle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
There is no point getting a rider switch if you have a fast pass, they are essentially the same thing. If you had a FP you donít need a RS. They were wrong.
I know it should be, and I didnít have a FP for it because I had one to take my youngest on Magic Carpets of Aladdin, but it does show that not all cast members get it right. I also know I could have challenged her, but I hate confrontation and I was reluctant to start a debate with her when she was already pretty grumpy with me
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#19
alkel2730
VIP Dibber
 
alkel2730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I know it should be, and I didnít have a FP for it because I had one to take my youngest on Magic Carpets of Aladdin, but it does show that not all cast members get it right. I also know I could have challenged her, but I hate confrontation and I was reluctant to start a debate with her when she was already pretty grumpy with me
Oh, I totally understand, iím same. I had this at ToT and I was like really? Whatís the point in the Rider switch then? As it happens I was there with a CM friend of mine who stepped in and they apologised but itís so bloody frustrating when one CM does this as it makes people concerned. But thankfully the other hundreds of CMs do know the rules. I hope the rest of your day went without a hiccup and you are having a fab time!
__________________
1st trip: 1985 - Travel Inn. 13 further trips as a child.
2003 & 2007 - June and May Homewood Suite I drive.
2009 - Sept Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - May/June Disneymoon trip! BWV & AKL.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR.
2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#20
jennaba
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Feb 11
Mobile

Can I ask, you know when they scan your band for rider switch, how many ppl can return and ride?
Is it just the person whoís band is scanned?
Only asking as I know the old rider switch tickets was for up to 3 guests xxx
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3320
CaxtonFX  $1.3246
Covent Garden FX  $1.3449
FAIRFX  $1.3275
John Lewis  $1.3440
M&S  $1.3186
Post Office  $1.3179
Sainsburys  $1.3291
TESCO  $1.3313
Travelex  $1.3258
Updated: 03:30 16/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0998
CaxtonFX  €1.0965
Covent Garden FX  €1.1080
FAIRFX  €1.0985
John Lewis  €1.1067
M&S  €1.0862
Post Office  €1.0853
Sainsburys  €1.0983
TESCO  €1.0993
Travelex  €1.0971
Updated: 03:30 16/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now