Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 323
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Exclamation ===== All To Read =====

I think it's getting to the time of year where we seem to get posts that seem to invoke the worse in people

So a timely reminder...

I'll try and make this short and to the point...

We do try and allow healthy discussions here on the DIBB and we are normally quite tolerant with the posts, however this is first and foremost a Disney site that is suitable for family reading.

We are seeing some posts being made which are personal in their content. We DO NOT allow posts where a personal reference is made against another member. If you are taking part in a thread where there may be a difference of opinion, then PLEASE keep any messages that you post COMPLETELY impersonal. This means that you do not make comments aimed at other members, that could be considered as an attack, bullying, intimidating or argumentative.

Other members may have differing opinions, this does not mean you can 'have a go' at them or that their opinion is more or less valid or acceptable than your own.

Any thread where we see this occurring will be subject to being edited, deleted or closed WITHOUT warning or explanation. Members posting personal comments aimed directly at another member will be subject to admin action.

If anyone doesn't like this then all I can say is this site isn't for you.

I feel bad that I even have to make this post on what is otherwise a very friendly site.
It only seems to happen on contentious threads, threads where there is obviously going to be a difference of opinion.

We don't want to get into a situation where we do not allow such threads, so if you think you can not make a post without making it personal then DO NOT post on that thread.

If you think someone has made a personal comment aimed at you then please do not retaliate in the thread or by PM. Instead, please just REPORT the post, you can do this by clicking the red triangle at the bottom left of the offending post.

Reporting a post brings it quickly to the moderators attention so that it can be dealt with before it gets out of control.

Thank you.
Unread 12 Mar 08, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Administrator

Stu's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just bumping this as a reminder and as a warning.
Any member posting comments aimed directly at another member, this includes retaliation posts may have their account suspended.
Unread 18 Mar 08, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Administrator

Stu's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ok I think I must be talking in a different language here!
We have just had to delete another thread because of members squabbling in the forums.

Is the above request, not to get personal in posts really that hard to understand?

It's really beyond me why it's so hard to understand, I don't believe the members that get involved in these personal attacks are stupid, so if they are not stupid then I must assume that they don't care about the rules of this site.

Any member posting, what is in our opinion, personal comments against another member will have their account suspended.