Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 10, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Day before the wedding...

I apologise in advance that there are no pictures in this section; you will see that during this time, I was in no mood to pick up the camera, unless of course it was to use it as a weapon

Day 5, Part 1

We awoke at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the last time. Our 3 nights here had been wonderful. This resort had a beauty that I think sometimes goes unnoticed. Although we hadnt looked around here as much as we should have, the parts we had seen were gorgeous. Steven and I had taken a stroll alone, along the beach when we came back from Le Cellier. We ended up curled up on the hammock, talking about the vacation so far and the vacation yet to come. Looking out towards the moonlit sky, it was so peaceful. To be honest I think we fell asleep there for 30 minutes or so, the gentle rocking of the hammock, the ripple of the water and the sweet Caribbean air all had sleep inducing qualities.

I found that Mousekeeping was great; they always provided everything I needed, the room was always clean, they stocked up the coffee with more than required and bothered to make us 2 towel animals for our 3 night stay. Sorry, I didnt take a pic of this last little guy; he was made to hold the pen! So, I have no complaints with Mousekeeping:goodvibes

I didnt get the chance to try Old Port Royale and I definitely should have as I heard they did decent breakfasts. Shutters was very disappointing and I definitely would not eat here again, it really was a waste of a TS credit.

We did not try out the pool, but from what I had seen it looked beautiful. The main pool looked like it would always be busy but the advantage of this resort is that it had a pool for each section, e.g staying in Aruba, we had our own pool, Barbados had their own pool, etc, etc.

The staff at CBR are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and seem to go out of their way to make you feel at home. Every time I passed a staff member while at CBR, I was always greeted with a smile and a hello, these little things are called the extra Disney touch, it may not be much but its always appreciated.
The grounds of CBR are outstanding, there are loads of hidden walkways, romantic settings, lush foliage, and it seems to go on forever.

I would easily recommend this resort to anyone. Even if you choose not to walk around the resort, you can catch this handy resort bus that takes you from area to area. I never utilised this service as I found the grounds so enticing, I WANTED to walk through them.

It was disappointing to be leaving here but I was excited to move on to Port Orleans French Quarter
I had decided several months ago to change my booking and split my CBR stay, 3 nights here and 4 nights at POFQ. Originally Steven wanted to stay at Port Orleans but I had decided to book CBR as it looked more my thing. I felt guilty about doing this and after looking into POFQ and getting glowing recommendations from Emily and Tiffany, I decided to go for it.
I wanted to surprise Steven with this on the day of the move, but when we arrived at CBR, the surprise was ruined as he overheard the conversation I had with the receptionist.
It didnt matter really; I just really wanted to surprise him.

So, it was nearing 8am and I was almost ready. I had suggested we all be ready for 8.30am, as I wanted to move over to POFQ as early as possible. We were going to taxi across, with our luggage, as I didnt want Disney to move and possibly lose my luggage. It was the day before the wedding and I wasnt taking any chances.
We left our room for the last time at 8.25am and with our suitcases we walked slowly to Custom House. We had Express Check-Out, which was great so as soon as we arrived we asked the Bell Boy for a taxi to POFQ. One was hailed and by 8.40am we were on our way.

We pulled up at POFQ at 8.50am, grabbed our luggage and paid the taxi driver $10, our fare was $5. We entered the lobby area and saw a beautiful fountain, we turned right to get to the check-in area and I got my documents ready. We all went up to the check in desk and I told mom to look out her vouchers.

She stared at me blankly and asked, What vouchers?
I showed her mine.
But they are in my suitcase
I told you to keep them on you as you would need them to check in.
I cant remember you saying that.
Of course I did, I told you this morning.
Well I cant remember.
I started to get annoyed and Steven said she would definitely need them, like I didnt know that!:angry:
I tell mom to go over to the seating area, open her suitcase and find her vouchers.
She sighs but goes back to get them.

Steven and I make our way up to the receptionist as we are called straight away.
She confirms our check in and check out dates, which are correct; we were due to check out on August 23rd to move to The Grand Floridian! She looks through our reservation and tells us our room isnt ready yet, but they will try their best to hurry it along. No problem.
I ask her to confirm that my reservation had the Disney Dining Plan attached; she looks confused and states that there is no Dining Plan at all, on either my moms or ours.
I show her my voucher, which clearly states that we have Dining Plan for 15 days, and she agrees that it does say that, but as a Travel Agent in the UK booked it, there isnt anything she can change.
I show her my cards from CBR that show we have Dining Plan; I ask her if we can use these until the 23rd. She says that our Dining Plan credits will expire midnight of that night, even though our old cards show the 23rd the computer knows that we have checked out of CBR, and will automatically reset our dining credits.
I ask her to check my GF reservation to make sure there is dining attached. She confirms that there is dining on that reservation, but that is because it is over 5 nights. HUH?

She explains to me that Disney Dining only works if you stay in one Disney resort for 5 days or more. As I only stayed in CBR for 3 nights and would be at POFQ for 4 nights, we wouldnt be entitled to the Disney Dining. Really?

This had never been explained to me in the UK and I was fuming. I had specifically asked this very question to my Travel Agent a couple of months before I left the UK. I thought that my dining might expire every time I check out of a hotel. My TA confirmed this WASNT the case and the way that my reservation was linked, this wouldnt happen. I would have 15 days continuous dining.

They were obviously wrong. They had also never shared with me that I had to stay at one Disney resort for 5 days or more for the Dining to work. Apparently the reason I managed to get dining at CBR was because my cards were printed accidentally with a 7-night stay, as this is what had originally been booked. The computer knew we were only staying 3 nights but doesnt communicate this with the card. Our CBR room keys had 7 nights of dining on them, but as we had checked out of CBR, they would vanish by midnight tonight. I was starting to feel like a real Cinderella!

She advises me that until this problem is solved she cannot issue us our room. Unless of course we want to pay for our dining for the 4 nights we are here, keep the receipts and get reimbursed by our TA upon our return home.

NO WAY, I was not happy with this, as there was no guarantee that they would give us our money back.
I had reservations totalling approximately $700 over the next 4 nights; I couldnt see my TA stepping up to pay these charges.
I tell the receptionist, today is the day before our wedding, I know its not her fault but isnt there something they can do? I cant be this stressed the day before my wedding and I need access to my room to make phone calls to all my vendors.
She suggests I call my TA in the UK to try and get this sorted; she apologises profusely and says she would be really mad if this happened the day before her wedding.
She says that she can give me my moms room only, her room is ready and if we do get it sorted she can issue her a new card for the room.

We tell mom we have her room and we need to make a few phone calls once we get there. Steven gives her the low down as we walk and I follow with heavy feet.
Mom is in building 5 on the second floor, she gets a beautiful view of the courtyard and a corner view of the river. Although I can see this place is beautiful, I cant really take any of it in; I am so worried about the dining. I start thinking of all my reservations over the next 4 nights that I so dont want to cancel.
We enter her room and it is really pretty, spacious and light, very similar to the CBR layout, but with more muted tones.
I dont spend long looking around and head for the telephone.

I first try to call the ground agent that I had left several messages with. I call and find that our ground agent is off and wont be back until tomorrow, our wedding day. I ask if there is anyone else I can talk to, as my query is urgent.
I am put through to another woman who although isnt in the same company, works in the same office.
She tells me she knows of my problem as our ground agent has been trying to solve the problem for days. She doesnt know what has been done but obviously, it hasnt been fixed. She says my best bet would be to call the UK and get them to sort it for me. She apologises and says she wish she could help but doesnt know what else to do. I hang up and look out the paperwork to call my tour operator.

My first call long distance and although I grudge doing it, I dont see what other choice I have. I get through to a woman in the UK and I briefly explain my problem. She puts me on hold, 2 minutes later the line goes dead.
I try again and I hear hold music for 1 minute, someone picks up and the line immediately goes dead.

I try again for the 3rd time, getting more and more peeved, that I am wasting precious time and money. :angry:I get through to a guy and I explain my problem. I tell him not to put me on hold as I am calling from the States and this is costing me a lot of money. He tells me that it is Disneys fault even though I explain to him that I have booked everything through a TA, Disney cant do anything nor is it their responsibility to do so.
He says that he will get it sorted for me. He GUARANTEES that it will be sorted before my Wedding. He PROMISES to call me, in my moms room, the morning of my wedding, to say it has been fixed. He says even if they have to add on another nights accommodation to bring it up to the 5 nights required to get the Disney dining, they will fix it.
I hang up, feeling positive that they will sort it and they will call.

I turn to find my mom crying and shouting that my wedding is ruined. WHAT?
I dont understand why she is so upset, its me that is really upset and although I dont show it, I feel myself breaking down. I am ready to punch something, so I grab a pillow and start laying into it.
Steven goes over to hug my mother and tells her everything will be okay, we will still get the dining somehow.

I feel myself getting angry with my mom because she is making me feel worse than I already do. I had planned this vacation for months, I spent hundreds of hours researching, planning, calling etc and I am the one getting jip. I do not need my mother to say things like my wedding is ruined, the day before my wedding. I do not need to have to try and make her feel better when I really need to try and calm down myself. I do not need to be reminded that my dining plans are hanging by a very fine thread indeed and it may mean I have to rearrange, or worse cancel them all together.

She continues on, mentioning that I am crying and its a shame for me. WHAT? I am not crying, I wouldnt give them the satisfaction. I tell her exactly that, but she argues that I am. Oh well, if you say I am, I guess it must be true!
She says that the wedding will have to be rearranged. WHY? She doesnt know but it will have to be!
I breathe very deeply and tell her that the dining and ONLY the dining has been affected. The wedding will still take place as planned, and they have told me it should be sorted, no WILL be sorted by tomorrow. The UK is 5 hours ahead, so 7am US time is midday there; they have plenty of time to fix this!

I look at my watch and see it is now nearly midday here and we had planned on being at MGM by now. I wanted to have lunch at Backlot Express but we hadnt even had breakfast yet.
We go down to reception and I speak to the same girl and tell her at the moment we will have to pay for our dining as the UK are trying to sort it out. She tells me that our room still isnt ready but as soon as it is, she will give us a call.
I tell her we had wanted to go to MGM but as it is getting on now, we really want to get something to eat.
She points us in the direction of Sassagoula Floatworks and suggests eating there. I am in no mood to travel for food, so I just go with it.

SASSAGOULA FLOATWORKS REVIEW

We go through and I order a hot dog and fries, Steven gets chicken strips and fries and my mom gets a chicken salad and fruit cup. Steven and my mom get Orange Juice and I get a diet coke.
We use our CS credits, knowing that this may be our last ones for 4 more nights. We find a table and start to eat.

My hot dog is fine, there isnt that much you can say about hot dogs, it was tasty, although it would have been better with onions, I had smothered it with ketchup and mustard which made it much better. The fries were beautiful, very crispy, not greasy and salty without having to add extra salt. We came to notice that these were the fries served throughout the whole of Disney. We ended up ordering fries all the time!

Steven loved his chicken strips, very tender with a slightly spiced breaded coating and big portions; he received 4 chicken strips with loads of fries.
Mom liked her salad, but again, it was a salad albeit a big one. This one did have chicken in it, so I think she was happier with that.

While we ate we obviously talked about the incompetence of our UK TAs. I mentioned the dining and said that even if we had to put the dining on our Credit Card we should and I could just reclaim it when we returned. Steven flat out refused. He said we had already gone way over budget with this vacation (not the wedding) and he didnt see why we should have to shell out any more.

I told him if we didnt I would have to cancel all my reservations and I didnt want to do that and have to eat burgers every night.:scared1:
He said that unless our TA fixes the problem we would have to do exactly that. He didnt want to put it on our Credit Card as there was no guarantee they would give us the money back, also he would get loads of interest for every purchase he made. I lost it, my temper tantrum took over and all I could see was red. I knew in a way he was making sense but this ruined my plans, in a big way. I had some wonderful restaurants planned, Jiko, Kona, Raglan Road. I didnt want to give them up! I refused to give them up!

I told him he was being stupid, that we would have to pay either way for our food if this didnt get sorted and why should we have to resort to having burgers every night when it is them thats at fault, They would have to reimburse us as I have proof that we have the Dining Plan, its not my fault they screwed up.

He said he was putting his foot down this time, this one and only time, but No, if it didnt get sorted then I would have to miss the reservations.
He didnt understand, this was a big deal. He didnt know how long I had spent pouring over menus, pictures and reviews before booking the restaurants. He also didnt know that this made our vacation extra special because I had bothered to find places, we would all hopefully love.
But he was happy to disregard all these things, all my planning, because of money, money that I would get back. I didnt want to have any regrets on my honeymoon and I thought he felt the same. We were obviously on different pages this time so I mumbled something to him, and left

Coming up

Do Steven and I make up? Do we get to MGM?

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 10, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Will the day get any better?

Day 5, Part 2

I walk into the store and search for my bridal ears, I wasnt feeling very bridal but I thought this might cheer me up. I come across a pile of them and went through the routine of checking all the sequins, the veil for tears etc. I finally came across the one I wanted and made my way over to the cash register to pay.

I obviously didnt look like a glowing bride as she asked if these were for me. I looked at her and said I was getting married tomorrow. I was in no mood for small talk. She seemed to get the message and bagged my ears.
I intended to wear these all day today, it was the day before my wedding and I wanted some god damn pixie dust. Even if I had to find Tinkerbell herself and shake it out of her, I was going to get some.

I walked over to the receptionist and told her that we would be going out so she could just leave a message on the phone to let me know that our room was ready. I didnt want to call any of my vendors right now, as I wasnt excited in the slightest and I thought it would be heard through the telephone.
Steven and my mom saw me in the lobby and I told them we should just go back to her room. When we arrived, Steven got some pictures of the room:

The red light on the telephone was flashing and the message was telling us that our room was ready.I called Victoria and Alberts to change the reservation to 2 instead of 3 for the following day.

Steven suggested calling my vendors now, even though I wasnt in the mood. I agreed as by the time we got back from dinner at Raglan Road it would be about 9pm and it wouldnt be polite to call so late.

I called Randy first and got his answer phone, as expected. I left a message giving him my moms room number and confirming the time he was to come over. If he needed to contact me he could call me back and I would get back to him.
I dialled Stan from STVS and again I got the answer phone. I relayed the same message to him and hung up.
I called Carolyn Allens, Tanis and finally Rev Miller and had to leave messages for them all.
My last call was to Beauty Speciale and Ana actually picked up, I was taken by surprise and lost my train of thought. Eventually I remembered why I was calling and gave her my moms room number, as its where I would be getting ready on the day of the wedding. She agreed to come round at 6.30am and I hung up feeling happy that I had at least spoken to someone.

All of my vendors had been called so Steven and I decided to go and get our room key so we could move our cases. We left Mom in her room and told her we would be back shortly. On the way down, Steven apologised to me and I to him. We hugged and said how we both didnt want to argue, especially the day before our wedding. I told him how much planning had went into this and he should know by now how much of a perfectionist I am this was bound to affect me. I told him I didnt wish to spend my honeymoon eating burgers and I wanted proper sit down meals, as its something we rarely did.
He said he understood that this meant a lot to me but I must understand that money has to play a part. We had spent so much on this wedding and honeymoon and even more to get my mom to come along, that we couldnt just fork out $700 with no guarantee that we would get it back. I knew he was right but I didnt want to see all my planning go down the toilet. He agreed that we would have to play it by ear and I didnt need to cancel anything just now. We just hoped that our UK TA would come through.

Steven told me that while I had been away my mom had said that she was worried that we would cancel the wedding because we were arguing. I had to laugh, as if we would come all this way and cancel it because of a disagreement. Steven had told her that this had been our biggest disagreement in about a year, this seemed to put her mind at ease and he assured her that we would still be getting married, despite these complications.

We got to reception and collected our keys and found that we were not next to my mom. I was pretty happy about this, as I really wanted a bit more privacy. We were on the top floor of the same building as my mom so we decided to stop in, get our luggage and pick up my mom.

We took some more pics of the resort on our way up to our room:

This is the view my mom had from her room:

We got some more pics as we continued on:

A beautiful shot of the palm tree lined path:

to be continued

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 10, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

We had a beautiful view of The Sassagoula River AND we had a corner room.
This immediately brightened my outlook and I could feel that everything would work out, somehow!
It was almost 2pm and going to MGM was obviously a bust. Our dinner reservations were for 5.30pm at Raglan Road so it seemed the best thing to do would be to head over to Downtown Disney.
I announced that I would be wearing my ears today, as it was the eve of my wedding after all, Steven and my mom thought I should wait until after the wedding and they were greeted with this:

I was eager to have a look around the resort so I suggested that we walk down to Port Orleans Riverside and take the boat to Downtown Disney. I knew this would mean we would likely not get to DTD until 3pm or later but I thought the boat ride might be nice. So it was agreed, we grabbed our keys and set off.

This resort was beautiful; it had an old town charm to it. I loved the ornate railings and the multicoloured buildings. The pool looked fantastic with its dragon slide and small yet lovely waterfall. We walked down the path towards POR and Steven took some pictures along the way:

Me walking away again

Steven hated this top I was wearing as he thought it was too airycode for fat!

The walk was beautiful, the views were stunning, and although I knew POFQ was the smallest of the moderates, it seemed big enough. I loved the little cobbled streets, the courtyards and the streetlamps. It all seemed to shout romance!
We soon entered POR and this resort looked beautiful too.
I had been struggling to decide which resort to book at, POR and POFQ both looked really nice but in the end POFQ won, due to high recommendations and the color and pattern of the bedspreads. I know, Im weird but I just cant stay somewhere that has ugly bedspreads!
We saw the Mansions of Port Orleans across the water, and they did look stunning, they had beautiful gardens and it all looked so quiet:

Fed up of getting my pic taken:

Do you see a pattern here? Walking away again:

We saw SeaRaycers approach and we both said how much we would love to rent one, I thought it would be so cool to drive one and I was eager to find out the cost.
We came across the boat and bike rental cabin a few minutes later and noticed it was about $40 including tax to hire the boat for an hour. Mom didnt particularly like the idea of boating so we decided to postpone this until we were alone.
We went further down until we found the boat stop to get to Downtown Disney.

It was really hot and although the veil was helping to keep the sun off my shoulders, it was also acting like a blanket to my hair. I could feel my hair curling and beads of sweat appearing on my brow.
There wasnt any seating as the seats that were there said WET PAINT my mom wasnt happy standing around so she checked the seats to see if they were wet.
They seemed to be okay, so she sat down. I didnt want to take the chance so I remained standing.
A guy came up to her and pointed out the sign, but she said they must have forgotten to take it off, as the seat was indeed dry. The guy said he just didnt want her to find she had paint on her when she got up and I laughed at this and got visions of my mom having to walk about with black stripes all down her trousers!

We waited about 15 minutes for the boat and I was glad to get a seat. It was a beautiful journey and we stopped off at POFQ to pick up other passengers and my mom asked why we hadnt taken it from here. I told her that I wanted to see some of POR and I didnt think that the walk would do us any harm!
We had a warm breeze throughout our trip, but it was cool enough under the shade of the fabric roof to enjoy it. It took about 25 minutes to get there but it was a change from getting the bus everywhere.

We exited the boat and as it was almost 3.00pm, I thought we could look in some stores while heading in the right direction of Pleasure Island.
My mission was to find a toe ring and anklet for my wedding day. My mom mentioned she wanted an ice cream, but not just any kind, the soft kind. So I said we could see what the queue was like at Ghiardellis. The queue was way too long and Steven said he wasnt willing to wait for a small ice cream. We came across a small cart and they served frozen drinks. Mom settled for frozen lemonade and Steven and I got a frozen coke. We found some seats and sat down to enjoy.
My coke was good and it was a welcome relief from the heat, I noticed the Christmas Store across from my seat so I said that I wanted to look in there.

For those of you that dont know me that well, I am obsessed by Christmas. I always buy a real tree, between 2.5meters and 3.5 meters in size. I spend hours decorating it and no one is allowed to help. I color coordinate everything and at present my theme is blue, white and silver. I love everything about Christmas and I go out of my way each year to find the perfect present for everyone. Last year I got Steven a personalised autographed book from one of his favorite authors Jack Ketchum. I contacted the author himself and corresponded with him on a weekly basis to get this done. Jack wrote him an inspirational message that brought tears to his eyes; this is my idea of Christmas.
So back to the TR

Steven knew that would be a dangerous road to travel down for his wallet, so he declined going in, my mom was happy to stay there so I went in myself. It was beautiful, the smell of cinnamon, pinecones and cloves, it was dreamy!
I browsed the many shelves of items and loved so many things. It was hard to pick just one thing to buy. I actually made a mental note to come back again, with Steven, even if he did put up a struggle, and buy a few things then.
I had been in the store about 15minutes and by the time I returned Steven and my mom had finished their drinks.

We continued on and we came across the World of Disney store and I knew we had to go in. I found a sterling silver Mickey anklet for $12 and a sterling silver Mickey toe ring for $18, I didnt even discuss it with Steven, I paid for it with Steven by my side and Stevens reply was HOW MUCH? He obviously didnt see the value of these items!

We headed down towards Pleasure Island but stopped to take a pic of these:

We continued down the path and made our way towards Planet Hollywood. It was too early to just hang about Pleasure Island so I thought we might be able to have a look at Disney Quest.

I love this pic:

As we approached Planet Hollywood I noticed the handprints of some action heroes on the wall:

Downtown Disney seemed like a great place to visit and I fully intended to come back again at some point during our trip but as I was eager to go to Disney Quest we bypassed most of the stores.

We entered the building and I was telling mom that it was all air conditioned so she would be happy, she had been moaning that she was hot most of the day.
We got in the elevator and I loved the little intro you got while you climbed the floors. Those elevators seemed fast though, I dont know if its just the sensation that were going fast or not, or the imagery in the mirror

We arrived and started to look around. I noticed Buzz Lightyears AstroBlaster hardly had anyone waiting so I urged Steven to try it with me. Mom said she would wait for us so we said we would go on this and we would then make our way back to Raglan Road.

We waited about 5 minutes as the CM went through the list of instructions. I wanted to be the gunner as I always was the sniper in war games on the console, no tank operator here, that was Stevens job!
We found our vehicle and they guy collecting the balls noticed my ears, threw me a ball and said it was a wedding present from him.
I was all excited. I am so competitive when it comes to games, so I was getting an adrenaline rush at the mere thought of blasting these strangers.

The area was dark and immediately Steven and I talked tactics. We noticed we were pointing towards a spaceship directly in front of us, it was clear we had to hit the stars on the window to make them spin. I tried out my gun for size and although it was heavy, manoeuvrability was good. I suggested blasting the ship several times before moving on to our next target.

We waited with baited breath while the CM continued to collect balls, I was ready, gun poised and in position. Steven had his hands on the wheel and was ready to turn at my instruction. We surveyed the ships around us and became aware that we would soon be under attack ourselves; we were out in the open with no cover and no distraction. We were a sitting duck.
Panic set in, what could we do? We were about to be sent in to battle fully exposed. The area was quite small but covered with enemies and our ammunition was quite low.
Tactics had to be changed, I needed ammo, and fast.
The lights went down, engines revved and the battle commenced

Coming up

Do we defeat our enemy and dinner at Raglan Road.

Old 26 Feb 10, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Day 5, Part 3

The klaxon went off and I attempted to shoot our opponents. Nothing, I fired again. Nothing. I looked down at my firearm and checked my ammo, the barrel was still full, and it wasnt firing. I took out the ammo, looked it over, reloaded and shot, still nothing! What was going on here? Were hit, I shouted. We spun, everything was blurring and it was difficult to see our target. We eventually stopped and Steven decided to drive, we had to get out, we had to figure out why we couldnt fire. We were hit again, this time on the side, the windows shook with the force of the shot and the noise was deafening. Spinning resumed and I tried to sort my gun. Communication was difficult, we both had to shout to be heard. Steven was yelling that I should have figured out how to use my gun before we set off and I was yelling that it would have been impossible, as without the engine being on I couldnt practice fire!

I fiddled with the gun and I noticed a sliding object over the ammo holder that I hadnt noticed before. I moved it and fired, my shot hit the wall, but at least it worked. Steven and I looked at each other and shouted LETS MOVE.
We found our targets, I aimed, I fired, they shook and spun, and we drove.
It was tiring, I was constantly bending to reload and it was difficult to reposition so quickly. Our range was great but unless you hit right on target your shot was wasted and it would take 10 seconds to line up another. Our space was limited and manoeuvring our ship was difficult as there were so many other ships in your path. There was also a black hole that we were warned to not go in as you would be trapped and your comrades would not come to save you. This black hole was quite a large area so most people stayed away from that section all together.

We were battling for only 5 minutes and it was over, we surveyed the damage and the battlefield was covered with wasted ammo. I think that the instruction should have been better as it seemed that most people struggled with firing, it wasnt clear how to use the gun. It was enjoyable but it was way too short and the area really needs to be larger.

We exited and I saw that my hands were black; they must have got dirty when I picked up the ammo. It was now 5.10pm so we went to find a restroom so I could wash my hands before dinner.

It took us 5 minutes to walk back to Pleasure Island, notice the walking away shot:

We reach Pleasure Island:

Coming up...

Raglan Road Review on the eve of our wedding

Old 26 Feb 10, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

RAGLAN ROAD REVIEW

We entered Raglan Road and she said we could be seated straight away. We followed our hostess and she seated us right at the back of the restaurant. It was a nice quiet area and although I knew there would be no Irish Dancing or singing at this time of day, I was glad to be seated here, away from the main area.

Our waitress gave us our menu and offered us something to drink. We got our usual of 3 Diet Cokes after she informed us that they dont do Smoothies or Milkshakes.
She congratulated me on my nuptials but I informed her that we werent getting married until tomorrow. She wished us luck for tomorrow and started asking about the wedding. It was great to be able to talk about it and it began to feel so close.
I was really looking forward to this restaurant as the menu looked fantastic. Steven was really struggling to choose something for his Entre, I couldnt understand why, as there was plenty to choose from. It was traditional food, definitely more in line with what he likes to eat.
I chose the Drunk Chicken for my appetizer and Kevins Heavenly Ham for my Entre. My mom chose exactly the same as me. Steven finally settled on Italian Irish, Capiche? and the Pan Fried Lemon Sole and Chips

Our appetizers came and we dug in. The Drunk Chicken was served on a bed of lettuce. It consisted of 3 glazed skewers accompanied by a honeyed dipping sauce. This was beautiful, absolutely outstanding. The chicken was so tender and moist, the whiskey glaze sweetened the chicken perfectly and the honeyed sauce was pure bliss. I had very fat pieces of chicken, griddled to perfection and the lime and whiskey mix was terrific. I could have happily had this as an Entre if I could get another 3. My mom said it was the best chicken she had tasted and practically licked her plate clean.

Steven had a good size portion, and it was presented well enough, but it said it just tasted like Macaroni Cheese, very bland and nothing to write home about. He finished the majority of it but started to feel a bit sickly with all the cheese.

Our Entrees arrived in good time. Our cokes were refilled without having to ask, this happened 4 times during our meal.

Kevins Heavenly Ham what can I say? The word beautiful doesnt seem to capture it, the word outstanding doesnt come close, but the word super-cali-fradgil-istic-espi-ali-docious is right on the money!
4 hand carved, oven roasted slices of Ham with an Irish Mist glaze served in a bed of creamy mash potatoes and braised cabbage.
The ham cut like butter, and tasted like the sweetest thing you could imagine, think candy floss and youre almost there. I swear it was everything I could have wanted, the ham glowed. The Irish Mist glaze bubbled ever so slightly as it cooled and the steam tried to escape from its bed. I tried my mash and it was smooth, nothing fancy, but so, so creamy. Salted and buttered extraordinarily well. The braised cabbage was cooked until tender; finally I could eat some vegetables, YAY! I let Steven try some of the Ham and he agreed that it was beautiful, uh uh uh! Remember that word doesnt cut it! Super-cali-fradgil-istic-espi-ali-docious, perfect!

My mom was on cloud 9, she hadnt expected it to be that nice, she claimed she was full about half way through, but refused to leave any of it as it was that good. She lay back, utterly defeated, but 5 minutes later got back to work.

Steven had his Lemon Sole. Now I had wondered about this. I love Lemon Sole, and judging by the price I thought this piece must be good. Presentation was excellent there were 2 huge pieces of golden pan-fried fish, which had been sauted in lemon parsley butter. The chips were served on the side in a roll of newspaper, and these were proper chunky chips! I mean I love fries but when chunky chips are doused in salt and vinegar, they are beautiful.
Steven thought the Sole was really nice for what it was, but was slightly disappointed that it didnt have the WOW factor like ours did. I had tried to urge him to go for the Ham as I know how much he loves my Honey Glazed Gammon and I thought this would be similar.
I tried the fish and it was very meaty and flaky, it was cooked and seasoned well and although I understood what he was saying, I dont think a fish lover would be disappointed. He also had peas on his plate and I HATE peas, I mean loathe them.

When I was younger my mom and dad would make me eat those little green boogers as I affectionately call them. Back then we had carrots and peas as our staple vegetables, and although I loved carrots, peas were my mortal enemy. I would do everything I could to not eat them. Feed the dog, drop them on the floor, hide them in my napkin, ping them at my brother etc, etc. My mom discovered my tricks so I would then try to disguise the taste of them by putting them in between slices of bread and making a pea sandwich, this still didnt work and it would result in me retching and moments later I would be running to the bathroom and praying to the porcelain god. Years went by and I think my parents gave up on getting me to like peas. Ive read somewhere that if you expose yourself 13 times to a food you dislike; you will grow to like it! Bull Crap!
To this day I cant stand peas and its the only vegetable I have such a dislike for.

Anyway, Steven adored his chips, as I said, when you get a good batch, they can be the best things ever, too bad Fish and Chips werent like this over here. I tasted the chips, purely for rating purposes, of course and they were so moreish. The outside was crispy and the inside was like fluffy pillows. I dont know why but I think chips always taste better when served in newspaper.

Mom and I did our best to clear our plates and Steven shot us disapproving looks. Jealousy I tell ya! The waitress returned with the dessert menu and cleared our plates. I realised that we had not been offered bread with our meal and I was really disappointed, I had heard that the bread was great here. I noted to myself that I would ask for it next time if we werent offered it. I had another reservation here a week later; maybe you had to request the bread?

I had decided in advance to order the Gers Bread and Butter Pudding, this dessert had been an icon on the Disboards and although I had never tried Bread and Butter Pudding I was eager to give it a go. Steven chose the same and my mom went for Me Mas Apple Pie

It looked great when it arrived; the pudding was crispy on the top and moist in the middle. There were 2 sauces, one was butterscotch and the other was cream. We were given instructions as how to heat it, told to make a hole in the pudding and pour equal amounts of butterscotch and cream and stir it around. Sounds good! Now I dont particularly like puddings with sultanas, I knew in advance that this one had them, but I hoped the sauce would disguise the taste.
We plunged our spoon deep and pulled out a mountain of bread and pooling sauce. I tasted it and went Oh, is that it?
The sauce was beautiful, but I have come to realise that I dont like Bread and Butter Pudding. I should have known, as I dont like soggy bread and this is exactly what it tasted like to me. The top part of the pudding was really nice as it was crispy but the deeper you went the soggier it became and it began tasting more and more like baby food, i.e mush!
To be honest it was the texture and not the taste that had me so disappointed, it tasted okay, nothing brilliant like I had been led to believe, but the texture, was gross. This is my opinion, well Stevens and mine because he agreed with my review wholeheartedly, and I know there are hundreds of people on the Dis that claim this dessert is the bomb. But for me, it didnt work and I wouldnt rush to order this again.

My moms dessert on the other hand looked cute and tasted great apparently. The apples had been cooked until tender, and the pastry was ever so flaky and had that soft crunching sound, like freshly stepped on snow. The ice-cream was plain vanilla and there was some sort of caramel sauce on top. She highly approved off this apple pie and would have loved seconds if she could have squeezed it in.

All in all, this meal was terrific for my mom and I. Steven unfortunately didnt have luck with his choices and agreed to order what I had ordered next time. We both said we would definitely order a different dessert next time. We paid for this using our TS credits, as our card was still valid until midnight. Our bill came up to $98.00, which I thought was fantastic.

It was nearing 7pm and we all thought it best that we go back to the resort, as we had to get up at 5.30am. I was hoping that some of my vendors had responded and I wanted to get everything ready for the morning.

We decided to catch the boat back, as it was a beautiful evening. We walked slowly to the dock and didnt have to wait as the boat was already there:

Fultons from the boat:

We settled in for our journey. It was so peaceful, the boat was practically empty and Steven decided to stay at the back of the boat to get some pictures.
He snapped several of me in a thoughtful mood. I wasnt aware that he was taking any of me:

Steven loves this one, he is very proud of this photo. He just thinks it a beautiful picture. Eat your heart out Randy, he says, quasi jokingly!

These are a few more of his favourites:

He loved the reflection on the boat in this one:

to be continued...

Old 26 Feb 10, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

We returned to POFQ, I was going to get my dress and take it to moms room. It would save me taking it in the morning. I noticed our telephone light flashing and I listened to the 3 messages I had been left. The first one was from reception saying I had left my voucher booklet at the desk, they have given it to Concierge and I should collect it from there. The second one was Randy, asking me to call him back and the third one was from Stan confirming the time for the morning. Mom called me and told me that Carolyn Allens had left a message confirming the appt for 6.00am.

I got my dress organized first and took my tiara, veil, shoes and jewellery down to my moms room. I told her that Steven was going to try on his suit later as he wasnt sure how to tie the Cravat and wanted to make sure he knew in advance. He also was panicking about the handkerchief that would go in his pocket; neither of us was sure how to fold it so we were going to figure it out together.

Steven and I went down to Concierge to pick up our vouchers and the woman immediately congratulated us. We spoke briefly about the wedding tomorrow before we asked about our vouchers, she found them and also handed us room keys. I was confused as I already had room keys and told her so. I also explained the situation with the Dining Plan and showed her our CBR room keys, which were dated until the 23rd. She told us to give her a moment and she could see what she could do.
She returned and picked up the phone, called someone and asked for the overwrite code. She began typing and picked up our cards.
Steven and I looked at each other, not sure if we should be getting our hopes up or not.

She told us that as we had cards originally that were dated the 23rd she was able to transfer all our dining and tickets to a new room key. She admitted lying to the computer, telling it we checked out of CBR as we didnt like it and checked in to POFQ as a direct swap. She would not normally be able to do this for any outsider booking (TA or anything besides Disney) but she managed to convince Disney to give her the overwrite code after explaining our predicament. She felt terrible that this was happening the day before our wedding and as we werent getting anywhere with our TA, she wanted to help.
Where are ya Tinkerbell? I could kiss ya!

Steven and I were so grateful to this angel, she had saved us a lot of problems and money and it felt wonderful to have this problem sorted before our wedding.
She destroyed our original cards from CBR and told us our 21-day Ultimate Disney ticket was now on our new keys along with 4 days of Disney Dining. She also issued my mom with a new room key too and they all said Disney Dining at the bottom. I was deliriously happy.
She said that we still needed to get in touch with our TA when we got home and complain about this mess they created, we also planned on getting them to reimburse us for our telephone calls to the UK.

She wished us all the best for the wedding the next day and said she was really glad she could help. I was so happy I felt like crying.
We stopped in to moms room and gave her the good news and her new room key. She was really happy that things were finally getting sorted.

Steven and I returned to our own room so he could try on his suit. I debated calling Randy as it was now 9.30pm. I thought back to an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Cheryl and Larry are arguing over the cut off time to call someone. Larry thought it was 10.00pm and Cheryl said it was 9.30pm, 9.00pm if you have kids. I knew Randy had kids so I didnt know what to do. Steven said, as I would be calling his cell, the cut off time doesnt count. I agreed with this reasoning and called Randy, but ended up leaving another message.

Steven got dressed and I helped him with his Cravat and tightened his waistcoat. He looked wonderful, very handsome, it was the first time I had seen him in his complete outfit.
I had a mad dash to get him an antique white Cravat and shirt on the final days before we left the UK. My new wedding dress was now antique white instead of white and there was a clear difference in color. I ended up having to purchase a new veil, shoes, shirt and Cravat and leaving my gloves behind. I was glad in the end though, as the dress I purchased was perfect for me, perfectly fairytale.

I called my mom and asked if she would come up to see him in his suit, as he wasnt sure about the shoes. She was up in 5 minutes and was almost speechless, she had never seen Steven so dressed up and thought he looked amazing.
The phone went and it was Randy, it was the first time I had spoken to him as we had only emailed in the past.
Randy asked how I was and I told him we were trying to figure out how to position the handkerchief in his pocket. Randy explained the procedure to me and I relayed the information to Steven. I didnt intend asking him, but I thought he would probably know.
Randy was very easy to talk to and he asked if I had any questions or concerns. I completely trusted him and had seen hundreds of examples of his work so I knew he was more than capable. He reminded me that he had all my emails, and he did emphasise the ALL, and we both laughed. He knew what kind of shots I wanted, so on the day I was just going to leave him to it.

We hung up and immediately Tanis called. She advised me that she would be there for our wedding and that put me at ease. I asked her about the limo pick up time and where we should wait and she confirmed that we would both wait in our rooms and we would be called. We confirmed the room numbers and the times. She told me to get a good sleep, as it would be a hectic day in the morning.

Steven, my mom and I ironed the handkerchief several times into shape before we were happy with it. We placed it in the pocket and my mom took the suit down with her so it could be steamed in the morning.

I realised how tired I was and how nervous I was becoming. Initially I had considered sleeping in my moms room but it would have felt strange leaving Steven alone the night before our wedding. It seemed only right that we spend this night together. We got ready for bed and snuggled up with the TV on. We were asleep within minutes. Tomorrow we would become husband and wife, in other words, our journey was just beginning

Coming up

Behind the scenes of Our Fairytale Wedding

Old 26 Feb 10, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm really enjoying reading these Summer, I can't wait for the wediing
I'm going to do one for my own wedding, it will be lovely to look back on years later. It's very easy to forget all the little things isn't it? Do you write things down everyday as you go along or is it all from memory?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 10, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
I'm really enjoying reading these Summer, I can't wait for the wediing
I'm going to do one for my own wedding, it will be lovely to look back on years later. It's very easy to forget all the little things isn't it? Do you write things down everyday as you go along or is it all from memory?
Thanks. I do this all from memory. I had initially intended to write down snippets of the most important stuff, but to be honest I was so busy all the time I just didn't have time. My memory has always been really good so I knew I wouldn't have problems remembering the details. I look back though and think how on earth did I remember all that!

Old 26 Feb 10, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

The wedding day...

Day 6, Part 1 (Wedding Day)

I awoke at 5.30am, a bit tired, nervous and excited.
I had my shower, grabbed my purse, list of telephone numbers, kissed Steven on the cheek and waved goodbye.
It was 5.50am and in the distance, at my moms door, I saw a woman, obviously from Carolyn Allens, pulling a steamer, knock on the door.
My mom let her in and I rushed over to meet her.
Its really strange, but I cant remember her name, most things on this day are a bit of a blur so I will just have to do my best when recalling the details.
Anyway, she is the same woman that I have seen come for most steamings. She was very polite and I told her that my wedding dress, moms dress and Stevens suit were to be steamed.
As my dress was silk, it required to be pressed. She decided to do this last, as it would take more time. She made some small talk about the wedding but basically just got on with her job. I was actually glad for this as I had completely no make up on and it was highly unusual for me to see anyone without make up, let alone talk to them. I was eager for Ana to come so I could feel more myself.

Ana from Beaute Speciale arrived about 15 minutes later. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. We agreed that she could start with my moms hair. She was very quick and seemed to know what kind of style my mom wanted. She started using curling tongs to give her hair more lift, which my mom likes, and put in the crystal pins that I had bought for her. In the meantime, Stevens suit was ready so I went upstairs with it to see how he was getting on.
I could tell he was nervous when he said, Im pretty nervous
I handed him the suit and he said he wanted to try and trim his goatee but my mom had the converter plug downstairs. I said I would go and get it and bring it back.

When I returned to my moms, Ana was practically finished my moms hair. It looked really good. I told them I needed to go back up with the plug so Ana said she could always do my moms make up first. I said fine (Bad move).
I quickly left and hurried up the stairs. It was getting light and I realised I would have to pass this man leaning over the balcony. I panicked, I knew I would have to say Good Morning but I hated that I had no make up on and really didnt want him to see me this way.
I passed him and he said Good Morning, I put my head down and mumbled Good Morning back and quickly moved past him. I decided that I would take a different route coming back.
I gave Steven the converter and told him I couldnt stay. I felt sorry for him that he had to be alone. I reminded him that he was to get picked up at 9.00am but they would call him. If the limo hadnt arrived by 9.05am he could call me. I grinned at him and left.

Ana was still working on my moms make up and the woman from Carolyn Allens was almost finished my dress. I asked her if it would be okay if I paid her by travellers cheques as I didnt have a chance to get them changed. She said no problem and she told me the total would be $180.
It was more expensive than I thought it was going to be, but my dress looked beautiful so I didnt mind paying more. I ended up tipping her $20.
It was time to put on my false nails.

The day before we left the UK, I had an acrylic nail appointment where I would be getting my nails done and they would hopefully last for the 3 weeks I was in Florida. The day of my appointment, I received a phone call saying the manicurist had come down with diarrhoea and could not make my appointment. I was so annoyed, this left me no time to get my nails done anywhere else, so I did the next best thing when I went to Glasgow and bought glue on nails. I thought as long as they lasted long enough to cover the Wedding and the MK Shoot, they were worth it.

It was a quick process once I figured out which nails I planned on using. This pack came with 32 nails, loads of different sizes. I have very long fingers but the majority of my nails require a similar size falsie, except my pinkie and thumb. So the more nails the better.
The nail glue was terrible, I had to cover my nail bed in glue for there to be any sign of adhesion. My thumbnail came off 5 times before finally giving up and sticking. These nails were very long but I didnt really have time to file them down so I just put up with them. For practicality these were terrible. I couldnt do anything anymore. I used to have long nails; in fact I wore acrylics for a year. They were different, as they felt far more secure and had much more manoeuvrability. These however, felt they could come off at any point and I ended up doing nothing for myself, I felt helpless.
I showed them to my mom who thought they looked beautiful, and I agreed, they did, look good. As it was only for a day, I thought what the hell and went with it.

By this time my dress was ready and the woman from Carolyn Allens was gathering up her things. She waved goodbye to me and wished me all the best.

After she had left I went over to fully check my dress. It looked beautiful and my veil glistened on the bed.
I have absolutely no problems in giving my highest recommendations of Carolyn Allens. She was very professional, on time and polite. She would occasionally jump into the conversation but mainly just continued with her work. I thought the price was a bit high, but she did have to press my dress and that was pretty time consuming so I didnt really mind. I took some pictures so you can see how my dress turned out:

This picture you can see my wedding dress, my moms dress and my veil on the bed:

I then went over to my Mom and managed to get a picture of her, make up almost finished:

So, it was my turn. Now I was nervous, I knew Ana had high credentials so I should have felt fine, but I am a girl that has done and perfected her makeup since the age of 16. I knew what I liked and exactly what I wanted, but unfortunately I tend to shy away from make up rules and go with what suits me, I think Ana stuck with the rules.
She first quickly straightened my hair and applied some product, she said she would come back to that after my make up and apply some hairspray. So, on to the make up
I was 4 days into my vacation so I had a slight tan on my face, not only that I had applied fake tan to my face the night before so I was a golden brown. Ana started with the foundation, and positioned a glaring light towards my face.
It didnt take long for my foundation to be applied and the powder used to set it. She asked if I used blush, but I told her my preference was for bronzer as I preferred to have a golden glow.
She let me check my face after all this was applied and I thought it looked flawless but very pale. I didnt mention it (Bad move) as I thought when the eye makeup was applied it would look very different.
She continued on, applying my eye makeup. I had discussed with her previously that I liked the smoky eye look; browns and greys, I also loved liquid eyeliner and heavy mascara. I thought I had given her a vision but I hadnt given her MY vision.

At this point there is a knock on the door and it is Randy, he is really early as it is only 8.00am, he immediately takes a picture:

I tell him he is very unlucky as he has to see me with no makeup, I tell him off jokingly for being so early.

He goes round the room and I cant see what hes doing as I am seated the other way. I hear the camera clicking away and him asking my mom to look out my jewellery and things so he can get a picture:

My beautiful Lord of the Rings necklace, Randy loved this:

Stan and Bonnie from STVS then arrive, also very early and start to film. I have no idea exactly what they film as again I cant really see.

So my eye makeup is usually like thisI first cover the whole eyelid in beige eye shadow, I then apply brown eye shadow just above the crease of the eye, moving from the center of the eye to the outer edge. I then apply a hint of silver underneath the brow, as a highlighter. Then I use a dark brown pencil to fill in the brows, I use my liquid eyeliner on the top lid only and carefully draw a thin line from the center of the eye to the end and I kick it out when I reach the tip, kinda like a cats eye. I then use a white pencil to draw dots where the inner corner of the eye is; this opens up your eyes making them appear wider. I then blend this into the eye shadow and all you can see is a light reflecting sheen. I then use black pencil eyeliner on my lower lid, drawing from the center to the end and blending it in as I go. My mascara is applied very carefully, doing 2 coats on the top and 1 on the bottom, black, of course.

Now, I realise the fact that I know all of this; tells me I really should have done my make up myself.
I was not given a mirror until my eye make up was done so I didnt have a chance to stop her. I thought we were on the same page, but we obviously werent.
I looked in the mirror and I was immediately disappointed, my eyes were so dark. I mean I have very dark brown eyes and although I normally wear brown eye shadow, I never wear it all over my eyes, it made my eyes look really small. The eyeliner that I had on could barely be seen against the dark brown background and I wish I realised it then but the huge thing missing was the kick at the edge of my outer eye. My mascara was great, my eyelashes looked wonderful, but I couldnt see the individual eyelashes because again they were against such a dark background. I didnt know what to say, it was 8.40am and there was no time to correct it, I hadnt even got into my wedding dress yet.

Basically I didnt like my make up. Technically it was correct, she had followed the rules, but it wasnt me at all. I have tried to find a close up pic of me in my usual make up, and a close up pic of me in the make up she did:

My own make up, ignore the look on both our faces as were larking about on the Disney Cruise Line Coach, more of them to come later on in the TR.

Her make up:

Sorry I cant seem to find a close up of me with my eyes open yet

I will admit that looking back on it, my make up does look better in the pictures somehow, although not better than I do it, but in person; it was way too heavy and just not what I had hoped for. Personally I thought my moms make up was much better.

To be continued

Old 26 Feb 10, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

I tried not to show my disappointment and Ana busied herself again with my hair. It was too flat for my liking so I asked her if she minded if I messed it up a bit:

I went over to the mirror and checked out my make up. I tried to work out if I had enough time to change it myself, but I knew it would be impossible. I quietly scolded myself for not doing my own make up. I knew how to do it but I had hoped that maybe getting a professional in with better products, would give a better result. I was wrong and I would never again let someone else do my make up. My mom thought I looked great, but I was pretty upset.

Now I dont mean to sound down on Beaute Speciale or Ana for that matter, but I definitely think that I was too pale, even in the pictures. Other people since returning home have mentioned it. And well the eye make up, I guess that is just personal taste. It wasnt wrong per se, it just wasnt me, and that is my fault for not making myself clear. Technically she was right, but each person is an individual so what may be right for one may not necessarily be right for another.
To put this clearer, my moms make up looked great, but she wears her eye make up like that all the time. I on the other hand, may use more products, 3 colors of eye shadow, liquid and pencil eyeliner, oodles of mascara, but my eyes look like they have less on them.

Anyway, I wont ramble on about this any longer. I have learned a valuable lesson, to trust yourself and your own abilities. This will never happen again and I was glad that I would be doing my own make up for the nighttime shoot with Randy and the MK Shoot in the morning.

Ana gave me touch up items and the men ask where Steven is, so they can get some picture and footage of him before he leaves, these are some of what Randy captured:

When the men leave, it is time for me to get into my dress. I put aside the thoughts of my make up and rush to get ready.

Putting on the dress in the UK was difficult. It is not something I could do myself and it normally took 2 women helping. As I bought this dress off the rack, I was very lucky to find it in my size, however if I felt hot, it became very difficult to do the dress up, this was one of those times:

Bonnie and my mom ended up getting me into my dress, but it wasnt an easy task. I couldnt help at all because of my nails and I found this whole situation hilarious.

My mom was getting very frustrated, as she wasnt even dressed yet. After 10 minutes of pulling, I was pretty much in. Stan knocked on the door and wanted to get some final footage of me before heading to Sea Breeze Point. Randy followed him in.

Randy had said that Steven was very nervous and was pacing the floor waiting on the limo and with that sentence our phone rang and it was Steven telling my mom that the limo still hadnt arrived, it was 9.05am. I told mom to tell him to give it another 5 minutes.

Mom had to help me put on my Jewellery and shoes as my nails were making it difficult to do even the simple things.

I looked out The Sand Ceremony as I had hoped that Steven might be able to take it with him:

Randy offered to bring it up to him.
Ana put on my tiara and veil:

Touch up:

Randy had me pose for a couple of pictures:

I paid Ana $210, definitely more than I had hoped for, and in hindsight I could have easily done without this service.

Mom went into the bathroom to get changed and Stan, Bonnie and Randy said their goodbyes and headed off to SBP.

Mom and I were left alone and I felt strange, this day that I had been waiting for had finally arrived. There had been bumps along the road and not everything had been as I had imagined. But shortly I would be marrying my Prince, in a fairytale setting. My dream was coming true.

There was a knock at the door and our limo driver greeted us. I picked up my purse, lifted my veil, looked at my mom and smiled; it had all been worth it

Coming up

The wedding of our dreams with lots of pictures

Closed Thread