Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jan 11, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney Wedding View Post
Can i ask a question? If you want a private dinner (I think there is a private dining room in GF?) wud that mean you have to meet min expenditure?
You would need to meet the minimum, yes, as this would be classed as a private dining event, same as the dessert party.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Thanks for answering my questions Gem, I think I'll be bothering you and Hayley (also planning but sooner than me!) a lot over the coming months

I really really like the idea of doing a DP to give something back to our guests and the DP alone is affordable
However, to meet a $7500 minimum will not be possible if we want our other honeymoon plans to go ahead
Is that 7 days per week?
Meaning, if I want an Escape wedding + GF/Epcot DP, I need to find $2250 more (on top of DFTW & DP) to have one?
I looked on DFTW website and it only gives minimums for Sat/Sun weddings

Please tell me it's not true!
Natalie, if you'd like to give something back to your guests, as an alternative, have you considered hiring out the Grand 1 Yacht on a Wishes cruise? If I could dump a few guests I'd be doing this! it holds a max of 18 people.
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

how can i get an epassport?

i really want a dessert buffet at epcot but that cruise sounds really good too! what website do you go on that shows info about these?
i can only find a dessert buffet at mk

thanks rach xx
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mr toystory View Post
how can i get an epassport?

i really want a dessert buffet at epcot but that cruise sounds really good too! what website do you go on that shows info about these?
i can only find a dessert buffet at mk

thanks rach xx
The dessert party at MK is a free for all i.e. it is not a private event, and Joe Public will be at the viewing area with you so long as they have paid Sending you a PM re: the Passporter e-book.
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

rrr right,thanks very much. im not having a disney wedding so can i nto have a dessert party somewhere else?
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
Natalie, if you'd like to give something back to your guests, as an alternative, have you considered hiring out the Grand 1 Yacht on a Wishes cruise? If I could dump a few guests I'd be doing this! it holds a max of 18 people.
Hey Hayley,
A wishes cruise is for 18 people? How much is that? x
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney Wedding View Post
Hey Hayley,
A wishes cruise is for 18 people? How much is that? x
Hiya, I've copied this from the Passporter e-book (page 141):

Grand 1 Yacht: This 52-foot Sea Ray seats 18 and is staffed by a captain and a deckhand. Cruises depart from the Grand Floridian Resort. The rate is $480 per hour, with a 1-hour minimum most of the year and a 2-hour minimum on holidays. Snacks are not included, but you may arrange for Private Dining service from the Grand Floridian, complete with butler! Call 407-WDW-PLAY or 407-939-8687 90 days in advance to reserve the Grand 1. Call 407-824-2474 to arrange for Private Dining.
Old 6 Jan 11, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Natsy the $7500 minimum is annoying but that is why we decided to have our lunch through DFTW this way we met the minimum to have the dessert party and kept all the events through dftw so they were stress free!

Also if your not getting married at disney you can have a private dessert party but at Epcot you would not be able to wear your wedding dress but you could at the Grand Floridian. You book them through Disney Event Group and I believe its 6 months in advance.

There are other private rooms all over disney you can book without having to hit the $7500 minimum - Citrcos has one that sits 12 for example and there are lots at Downtown Disney.
Old 7 Jan 11, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

hi thanks, no i read that somewhere about the wedding dress, well im having my wedding on the thu and a dessert party on the friday night

il email them for info

rach xx
Old 7 Jan 11, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=gemmybear83;5821792] You book them through Disney Event Group and I believe its 6 months in advance.[QUOTE]

hi do you have a website or email for disney event group? just so i can get it sorted then book when i can!

thanks
Closed Thread