Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 11, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Evening ladies!
Kel - thanks again for caring. Your last post in reference to me was spot on. We can move on now and both support each other like you say. xx

Kim - you've already had great advice from Kel, so here's my twopence worth. When I did Atkins and followed it perfectly, I put on weight. It is all about what goes in and what goes out, but I have read studies that show some people lose weight reducing carbs and some reducing fat. Probably depends on how you're made up. I have to restrict carbs medically, so have no choice, but when I do (without doing anything else) I don't lose much. To put it into perspective when I did South Beach diet I lose 4lbs in 2 weeks. Since dieting this time round I've lost nearly a stone in 2.5 weeks and that's reducing carbs and fat. Also, like Kel says, some people needs to exercise to really make a dent.

My fat grams are miniscule, unless I go crazy on the peanut butter, but I usually have that instead of dinner. I've been on loads and loads of Atkins forums over the years and all sorts of things stop people losing weight. Despite what the website used to say (they admit it now I think) calories do count on Atkins.

I personally would avoid turnip initially, again regardless of what it says, simply to get your body in real fat burning mode and would also avoid mayo. I know Atkins doesn't advocate low fat varieties of things, but really, if the carb content is quite low, then I'd go with it.

1) Soya berry shake (4g)
2) peanut butter (20g)
3) 1 piece soyalin bread, prawns, low fat mayo (4g)
4) 3 eggs (19g)

That's 47g, but when I first diet I'd probably avoid the peanut butter and try for 20g fat personally, although some may find that way too low. A lot of Atkins dieters avoid the bars initially regardless of what it says too. Most advocate omelette/eggs for breakfast, babybel or chicken pieces to snack on, chicken or fish salad for lunch and then meat or fish with green veg for dinner. They recommend keeping processed food to an absolute minimum.

Crikey, new thread! Thanks for the support and kind words everyone
Kim that cake is fabulous!

Kel - how's Mum and Dad's place looking? Be good to see it in all the way through the transformation, but not have to live in it!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Low carbers, i signed up to the atkins website and received a free edulge bar today! Yeah! Was very unexpected!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Finally got a bit more time now to sit down and pay attention with my laptop instead of the ipod.

Kim, I totally second Liz's post and she's toally right - you need to work out what works for your body. It looks like the 2lbs on weigh in is looking real if its still there so looking at mine and Liz's fat intake, we are quite a bit lower than you so maybe try that first off. You don't have to lower your cals, just the fat ,and see if that works. For me I know I can't lose weight if I don't exercise, I just can't - I get stuck, but also I don't count cals and fat but when I do I find out that thats not so bad either so I've got my diet balanced for me. Try exercsing everyday this weekend and lowering your fat a bit and see if that works come Monday. I've settled into a meal pattern too - salad Mon and Tue, meat and steam fresh veg with a bit of gravy Wed and Thurs, pork and veg (fresh) pesto stirfry Fri and Sat and then Sun chicken chargril and steam fresh veg. On a work day I have 2 shakes for brekki and lunch and then a snack of either peanuts, soya crisps or velvet crisps and on a weekend I have a shake for brekki and an omlette for lunch and then the same snack. This is the menu I intend to stick to for the forseeable future as its easy for shopping.
Protien shakes are advertised for body builders and fitness people as they are high protien which repairs muscles faster, not cause its a weight gainer. There is weight gainer shakes out there but the carbs are astronomical so you'll know the difference. Actually thinking about it, this might explain why I don't seem to get as sore as you guys when exercsing everyday as I have shakes everyday...hmmmm...
That shake you are looking at has BCAAs in it, not sure what they do... I asked Alex and he says they are Branched Chain Amino Acids which is a body buliding supplement and he says the are the ''building blocks of protien'' but he's never taken them so he's not 100% sure that they are right for weight loss. Are you particularly wanting to get your shake from Argos or are you happy to get it from somewhere else? cause if you are happy from somewhere else just get the one I get as I know its fine and tastes nice.
SOOOOO Glad you did the Kate DVD! I did it the other day and I was knackered afterwards and I felt it a bit the next day too, its not as bad as I thought actually. I did a bike this morning and some sit ups on the ab machine and I'm getting quicker on the bike, today I burned 330 cals in 30 mins where as last week I was just hitting 300 so I'm chuffed with that.
The cake is awesome Kim! Looks yummy! You have some will power to make these cakes and not lick the spoon.

Nat - you're welcome on the venue suggestions hopefully I helped a little give you some ideas. The fjb's do packages suited to the couple getting married, for example she said to me if we wanted to save money we could serve bacon butties in the evening for example or the full buffet for full price - it was up to us. We went with the full buffet but only cause we could. Can recommend a good cheap band if you want one too (we paid £200 - bargain!). Glad you are still pointing and being good. I spent an absolute arm and a leg on wedding mags during the planning, I had seriously loads but I found them so helpful with hints and tips and ideas, I found quite a few of my vendors in them. I gave them all away after the wedding to a girl at work who's getting wed. Have fun, enjoy it, but above all sort that bloody budget out will ya before you get too carried away and excited so you can book things and then the fun really starts! I hope to hear bookings flooding in soon.

Hi Rach,
Aww honey I saw your FB, is he still not sleeping?! Can you get anything for him from the docs? You're going to have a nervous breakdown at this rate! Is Danny up with him too? The tiredness levels in your family must be massive at the mo! Try diet red bull! Any more wedding plans to share Rach? Have you sorted your dress yet?

Hi Liz,
Aww you are welcome, Its true what they say a problem shared... I guess its just reassuring to hear you are not alone and see others have been through it too, always here and willing to offer (sometimes crap) advice! I kept meaning to ask you Liz, how did the assessment write up go? Is the meeting Monday? I used to have to do these too when I managed a team, we had to do 3 -beginning, middle and end of year and they were hard work. I had 14 staff back then too so its hard to deal with all those personal issues and then on top of that, their performance and still make it induvidual, I don't miss that part of the job so I don't envy you. Whats that corporate sandwich called where you give a compliment (the encouragement bread bottom) then an area the need to work on (the negative filling) and then a positive to drive them? (the bread top). LOL, I forget its name but I always used to use that! Good luck on Monday, I'm sure you'll be fine as you have a brilliant way with words.

Aww I had such a good day with mum and dad, their new house is lovely but it needs sooo much work. Its freezing too as the bolier and central heating system is knackered and needs fully replacing. Its so good to see them in project mode again. My dad retired last year and prior to that he was a director and managed about 2000 people and so I think he's been feeling a bit lost over the last few months (he would never admit this) where he hasn't got much to do and now he's so much back to his old self, mobiles ringing, contractors everywhere, people coming people going, him managing a hundred things at once, mum in a good mood pulling down wallpaper and old ''wall furniture'' as she calls is - they are in their element and its nice to see the spark back, my parents thrive on stress and hectic-ness (I do too actually I see today where I get it from!) so its infectious to be around that. Today there were people in and out the whole time and in the space of a few hours the electric was tested and switched back on, the electric garage door and the burgler alarm was fixed and working, I sorted all the wondows out and got all the locks working and rounded up the keys, Alex was in the loft with my dad a lot of the time and climbing various ladders doing goodness knows what and mum was shredding the wall parer in the lounge. My dad wrote letters for all the neighbours detailing the work they are having done and explaining how long it will take and that he will keep disruption to them to a minimum and saying they are more than welcome to pop over whenever and meet them and the family (I wouldn't have even thought to do this!) and him and Alex went off to meet the neighbours and deliver the letters. The houses are quite well spaced out so they shouldn't be blocking anyones driveway or disturbing them too much but they seemed to appreciate the letters as the neighbours have all popped over to have a nosey and to tell mum and dad all the stories about the people who lived there before - they apparently were done for 170k of fraud! before being declared bankrupt and in the middle of the night wrecked the house and did a runner on their mortage, seriously you should see this street, its about 8 houses, all big, very rural, and all occupied by elderly couples or widows who have lived there all their lives so to have one house with so much drama going on was such a BIG thing to the residents, one woman practically hugged my mum and cried when they first took the for sale board down saying she was so grateful that ''normal'' people were moving in, she even had newspaper clippings on the previous residents and was showing my mum! . Its so much fun, I'm loving it and when they get some heating to the property mum wants us over to help paint and decorate and Alex to knock down a few walls! lol. Luckily they don't have to live in it as they still have their other house at the moment but its going up for sale this week so they do need to get the new house done. I'm so jealous of one thing though! You may have noticed in the Disney stores in the UK they have that marvellous flooring of sparkly purple tiles? Mum has sourced them and bought them in black for the master bathroom so they have these stunning black tiles which sparkle to put down - looks like the starry sky on clear night, they are amazing! I can't wait to see the hosue transform-I feel sorry for it at the moment as it was once magnificant and its been so badly neglected and it just needs TLC to resore it to its former glory.

Summary:
Breakfast: Protien shake
Lunch: Omlette
Dinner: pesto veg and pork stirfry. SF jelly.

Exercise:
30 min bike
ab machine - 40 front, 20 left, 20 righ, 20 lower raises.
Kate DVD (in honour of our little Kim )
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Kel, I bought 5 the other day! Can't afford to make it a habit at £20 a time but TBH I'm loving what the internet is bringing me too! Love the piccies for ideas in the mags and even the leaflets...we are finding the same little things like favours etc on ebay way cheaper! Don't reckon I'll need £50 for favours at all! Fab!
I contacted the FJB group earlier and heard back from Chine & Haven so far...Chine is within budget without even asking for a midweek discount and Haven is over budget. BUT I emailed Sam back and she said midweek etc she can do us a special offer so might be good, and am going on your recommendation. So I'll meet her soon. Not that I'm a copycat, but recommendation is soooo important! Thanks for the tip about the evening food too...dad had butties at his wedding and I thought it was awesome. Seen some quotes at about £4 each vs £20 for a full buffet so it's a massive saving for 80 people...£320-400 vs £1600... would mean we can spend more elsewhere
We are going for a DJ in the evening, due to cost & variety! I'd love like a big band/Michael Buble band but it's £400 from what I've seen so a bit out of price range! We are not really into heavy music, but what sort of band did you have? People at work are in bands etc so they might do it cheap too, but like I say, can't bear anything too heavy!
God, all I'm thinking/talking about atm is this wedding...but I'm loving it! A very excited girl I am!
Have not been eating this week...just not hungry...but I know I've got to keep those points up so had a 19 point dinner tonight to make up for some of it! Very tasty!

Liz - I really hope you get things with your MOH! I know how it feels to fall out with people over weddings etc so I really hope it all resolves itself. You sound like you're doing well with exercise & food!

Rachel - sorry to hear Jake's poorly again, what a time of it you're having still! Gosh! No wonder you're cream crackered!

Kim - sorry to hear you gained, it sounds like you know where it's come from though, it's a learning curve when you start something new so stick with it and tailor it to your body's needs and you'll get there!

Hayley - how are you getting on with shakes atm? Hope you're sticking with it. I know you're having wedding troubles...floral budget, design, MK shoot...it'll be amazing, just you wait and see! Wish I could be there!

Is that everyone? Sorry if I missed anyone...this split thread thing is tricky! hehe xx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Breakfast
Atkins Day Break - Chocolate Chip Crisp Bar,
Lunch
Bernard Matthews - Roast Turkey Breast Chunks,
Dinner
Sainsbury's Basics - Grated Mozzarella, 35 grams
Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw,
Asda - Unsmoked Bacon Rasher, 1 Rasher
Birds Eye - Field Fresh Peas, Carrots and Green Beans Steam Bags, 135 g
Snacks
Kp Nuts - Jumbo Spicy Chilli Peanuts,
Cathedral City - Mini Mature Cheddar Cheese Snak, 1 mini
TOTAL: 715 cals 29g carbs (not net) 36g fat 75g protein

Does this look ok or is it still too much fat?
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kel - that house sounds amazing and what a lovely idea to let all the neighbours know. Your Dad sounds like mine lol! He is a very sociable person and good with people. Bet the Neighbours will also like that the house will be transformed. It's hilarious how interested they all were in the last owners, but I think in smaller streets without much action it becomes a real talking point. Sounds like a lot of fun to be part of. Your diet is typical of the successful low carbers on the other forum I used to go onto. Not much processed stuff at all.

Nat - your head sounds very full of wedding things! It's so exciting isn't it. We are having a band. One that plays all sorts of things, to get everyone in the mood. Love live music. Thanks for the kind words. Much better now

Kim food looks much better. Kel and I both seem to end up having quite a low amount of cals and I think it's because you really do lose your appetite without having so many carbs. How did you feel today, was it all filling enough?

My leg is in pain. When I last did Jillian I felt a pain doing the side lunges with weights because I think I did them wrong. It's steadily getting more painful for some reason, despite resting it. So might go and see my magic lady Sarah tomorrow. She does sports massage and works on things like that famous French cycling race, name escapes me! She always sorts me out. I'm too unfit to have a sporting injury lol.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Sounds good to me Kim!

Nat, ohh I can't believe you're going to meet Sam, goodness me this takes me back! See if she remembers us, I don't know if she will or not as they have loads of weddings but I thought she was awesome. The band is called the floaters (tell Sam that, she'll remember that, as she laughed her head off - what a terrible name!) and they played stuff like, um, soft rock type stuff?! I could find out, they weren't heavy metal but they werent modern either, like a mixed bag from eagles, dire straits through to kiazer chiefs and james blunt type stuff, a lot of Americann stuff. I remember dancing with mum to ''My Sherona!'' lol. Andy Graham is the lead and he's on my FB. They were really good but are new and so are cheap but my family like them as they knew all the songs, I didn't but they did, especially dad. They only played for a couple of sets and the DJ took over the rest of the time and for the first dance so it was a nice mix. I don't think you are a copycat you noodle! Loads of people get married at the Highcliffe and Haven, they do about 2/3 weddings a day on a weekend - beauty of weekday again! I'm chuffed you are considering them as I can give you insider information!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

I'm feeling full just now but i've just finished my dinner! I'm still having cravings for sweet things though, dont know when that will go!

Oh liz hope your leg gets better quickly!

Kel it'll be seeing the house totally transformed! It's like homes under tha hammer, i love ing when they buy it and love seeing what they do to it!Kel it doesn't need to be from argos just the easiest place for me to get it. Ross bought the vanilla and chocolate one today for him anyhow so will have a taste of it and see how goes.

Oh nats your in total planning mode, its so exciting! Is it this weekend your going to see a venue?
Old 21 Jan 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Sounds like the sort of band we're having. You need something everyone can dance to as so many different age groups at weddings. I would have love a Killers tribute band, but Dan thought it wouldn't be a good idea. I would have been very happy though!

Kim I find I have sweet cravings until I give up sweet things, personally. I have to do it cold turkey. So things like Atkins bars would actually set me off.

Yesterday, not sure if I put my food down, but had to go out for lunch and the place that was picked literally had nothing low carb. It was all sandwiches or jacket potatoes (a garden centre place). The only option was the carvery. I had loads of pork, 2 small boiled potatoes and cabbage. Don't like having carrots because of the sugar, so sets me off. Thought 2 would be fine, as the overall GI of the meal was lowered by the meat and cabbage, but I battled sweet cravings all day.

Old 21 Jan 11, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

I think going to have to go cold turkey on the sweet things! I'm now in the bath so I don't eat anything else lol!I'm determined to undo the 2lbs and maybe get a pound off by monday, alot but I'm gonna try my hardest!

The band sounds awesome! You'll need to post a video or something to let us hear what their like. My mum wanted us to get a ceidlh band, but I'm rubbish at the dances and I like some thing you can sing along too, plus the fact the dj is included in our package meant I could cut music out the budget.
Closed Thread