Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 11, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hayley - I know a few Cambridge people who had gallstones and unfortunately it is one of the risks of keeping your body in a ketogenic state. If it makes you feel better I got pains, the stabbing kind, when on Cambridge, but did it for months no problems. I stopped though when I had a bad hypo attack and kept losing consciousness! That was scary.

For loss, I lost nearly 5 stone on Cambridge. First stone was in the first 2 weeks. To be fair though, I've lost nearly that doing what I'm doing now. You could do a low carb diet easily, but incorporate plant protein and less animal protein. Think that would be easier on the kidneys and limit risks of gallstones.

Alex - I absolutely would love to get into martial arts. I am so envious of your black belts!

Kel - I hate bugs and mud! It's mainly the bugs that stop me gardening. I start, maybe planting something, then I'll see an earwig and freak out, have to sit down with a magazine and some wine...to recover
I know exactly what you mean about the weekend thing, as that is what I miss. We used to buy something nice from the shops for dinner, or order a takeaway, have a few bottles of wine or something mixed up! Then we'd start off watching a bit of telly, but would spend most of the night talking and being silly, listening to music. We'd sometimes get my guitar out and both have a sing along (OMG making us sound like the Waltons! apart from the drink lol). I actually said earlier I could really do with some wine and one of our nights. Dan asked if it's because I miss drink and it's not, but I don miss those sorts of evenings together. We don't really go out, but did used to go for meals sometimes.

I used to go onto Minimins, a weight loss support site, all the time. Lived on it when doing Cambridge, but most of my old friends did the diet and we all moved on. The Atkins board all talk about the cheeseburger pie.

Anyway, food today has been less than normal, as been out so not had snacks, but had a much bigger dinner than I would usually.

B - 1 slice Burgen bread, handful king prawns
L - Roast pork, broccoli, sweet potato mash, gravy
D - homemade beef burger, 1 slice Burgen bread, tomato

Reckon I'll see it on the scale tomorrow, as don't normally have anything carb related at all at night. Nevermind, going down in the long run. Right off to watch recorded True Blood then Take me Out! Wonder if there'll be any more oldies like last week, on tonight.

Oh and I'm 34 in May, so older too!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Liz, I'm also hypoglycaemic! It's really bad isn't it? I remember once I was on my way to MK on the monorail and had an attack, sweat pouring down my back (it was December so not even hot!) felt like I was going to faint and was so shaky. I HATE it when that happens. When it does I tend to cram as much food down my neck as I can in a bid to make the feeling go away, which is never a good thing for my waistline. I haven't had one since I've been on Cambridge though which is a good thing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Haha Liz, I was nodding along going me too me too, but then you lost me at the guitar! I can't even read music! Lol. Me and Alex just put the world to rights and talk and talk and talk over all tv and laugh our heads off. Heehee.
I just broke my diet! I had a whole bowl of 30g bran flakes with soya milk! I'm such a rebel. Lol.
I also decided not to do the Jillian but I'll pick it up tomorrow I have done a couple of hours.
Just watching take me out! The first guy turned down the girl who loves herself. Haha
Feeling better about the age thing - I'm a youngster! I wish! I'm 33 this year so not far behind sadly. :-(
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Aww bless I wish someone would pick that little welsh one, she NEVER turns her light off! Lol
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey girls! glad to see everyone is active on the forum! welcome alex! i just joined last week so i'm a newbie here too! i'm low carbing/low gi-ing just now, i have a gym membership and go 3/4 times a week now but i did just start my diet last week. so this will be my first weigh in!

so here is my food

B - scrambled eggs and ham [decided after this meal i HATE eggs, never liked them but thought i would try again, to no avail]
L - atkins daybreak bar, i picked them up today, yummy.
D - tomato soup, cheese and salad.

the reason for my no exercise and my small lunch was because i was working today, i don't get a lunch break and was running up and down stairs all day. [hey, that's a bit of exercise.]

my parents are taking the low carbing well and didn't make me eat what they had, and tomorrow is chicken caeser salad!

i'm getting nervous for weigh in i don't feel like ive lost anything!

kel - i have a question about your shakes, i think i've asked this before but can't find it. what brand are your shakes? and where can i get them? i need something good for breakfast
Old 22 Jan 11, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
also, i might get a few workout dvds, any recommendations? looking at jillian ones, what are the best?
Old 22 Jan 11, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Amy,
Glad all going ok, try the other Atkins bars if you like the daybreak, they are called advantage and endulgence.
The protien shakes I have are called Nutrisport 90+ Whey Protein 2.5kg, I buy them online from the supplement centre. If that's too tricky for you fir delivery in halls you can buy them from the nutricentre which is in a lot of the bigger tescos, if you don't have one in your tesco then you can buy whey protien powder from holland and barrat.
Hmmm DVDs, my favorite are:
Jillian boost metabolism, burn fat
jillian 30 day shred
davina 3 30 min workouts
The Hollywood workout
claire Richards 5 step fat attack.
I'm not keen on Jillians 6 week 6 pack as I find it too hard.
Hope that helps! Maybe if the shakes don't work out you could gave the daybreak for brekki.
Oh before I forget if you get a protien shake you'll need a shaker to mix it, they are a few quid and are sold alongside the shakes. X
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 22 Jan 11, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Lol Liz, the third picker on take me out! Haha
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 23 Jan 11, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

OMG that was a good one tonight Kel. We said the same about the little Welsh one. She's desperate for a date, but didn't stand a chance against that leggy blonde at the end. She said she wouldn't date someone shorter and her light didn't go out, but she kept it on for ages anyway! He was a looker haha.
That date with the wine was painful to watch. She didn't exactly look like a barrell of laughs. Funny how you say you broke the diet with branflakes, because I was the same having had bread tonight, but said to Dan earlier, I'd think nothing of having a whole pizza, some chicken dippers and a whole bottle of wine earlier and now I'm bothered about one slice of Burgen bread! We're all doing so well and so different from what we used to eat.

Amy I've only got the Jillian 30 day shred, but it's good. At the moment I'm only doing yogalates though, which is good for inches, but no cardio. Leg is easing slightly, so might try cross trainer tomorrow and defo do yogalates.

Late one tonight for me, but Dan is watching Match of the Day. Saw Dan's Sister today and she has loads of hen do ideas and said I can't arrange my own! So she's taking over

Oh forgot to say thanks for asking about the appraisal Kel. Yes it's Monday, but have it all written up and I always do that sandwich thing lol. Been moving catagories around depending on the score to make it work that way! I hate giving negative feedback, but then I've had some pretty tough managers in my time and had to take it.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Ooh forgot to say Hayley, is yours hypoglycemia or reactive (after eating)? I'm going for a glucose test on Tuesday and can't decide whether to eat what I'm eating now, which keeps it stable or eat what most people do, like cereal and toast, so that they can see how bad it is.

Closed Thread