Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 11, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Morning ladies - stuck at home with bad stomach still, although not feeling ill, but just nipped out to co-op and very nearly came close to asking if they had a toilet. That was scary! Not sure what's wrong with me inside lol. Be glad when my Exante stuff arrives and I can settle on one thing.

Nat - great news on the bonus, although like you say, not sure what would happen with the payrise with that happening anyway. Sounds very exciting getting all the bits and pieces. Where did you get your table diamontes from? I am not sure how much stuff to put on the tables, you know. Until you actually have the table in front of you, it's hard ot know. We have placecards, menus x2 per table, silver baubles to hold the placecards, yellow napkins, little candles that the venue supply and then just have to choose table centre. Not sure whether to get things like diamontes or not - can't decide. What sort of things did you have Kel? Also sorry to hear about you Nan Nat, must be tough. Have you been to see her recently?

Kel - Thanks for being supportive about the diet. I guess we all end up going back to what we know works. For long term, low carb works for me, but to get it off in the first place the only quick thing has been Cambridge. As long as I have a goal it's relatively easy because you're in ketosis and not hungry. It's just the first few days that are tough. I know what you mean about people thinking others' diets are restrictive. Yours is really healthy to me - lots of protein and good fats, but a lot of people still think the only way is low fat, high carb.

I think that Dan is definitely more open to the children thing and he just wants me to be happy. When I mentioned trying on honeymoond, not sure if he thought I was being serious or not! I am also petrified of the medical side of things. The other thing is that a lot of people who have lost weight put it back on again when pregnant. Part of me doesn't want to get to my ideal weight and have that happen. I hope I'm the sort who wants to treat my body as a temple for the baby. You do sound excited, which is so lovely. 6 months at home would probably be my idea of heaven at the moment, but I think that's just because work isn't ideal right now. When things are good I love it there.
So you're definitely going for it on honeymoon then? How exciting! What is crazy if we do try in May/June is that if we got pregnant very quickly, it would be around this time next year we'd be giving birth! How mad is that?

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 11, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Just popping on quickly, hopefully booking cruise and flydrive tonight/tomorrow! Very exciting!

Nan is not doing so good, rapidly declining but she's hanging in there! See her couple of times per week, possibly going tonight, depends on booking this, but will defo go up on Saturday. Thanks for your support xxx

Not sure about the payrise yet, it'll be something that I discuss with my boss. I think the pay they are proposing will be uplifted though due to annual increase though I'd never know the breakdown ifkwim. Hope your bonus works out Kel! I won't believe it til it's in my hand! Will definitely help out with the wedding/honeymoon! There was a time we were going to borrow money from mum but hopefully we won't need to any more. Pixie dust with other rubbish things going on atm like my nan.
Liz, we are having goldfish bowl centres (final details not decided yet). Went to an open day and saw crystals on the tables with our planned centrepieces and they looked lovely. Got them from ebay, pretty standard, only £3 for 2 packs of 1000 so only cheap and if I don't use them, I don't have to! We are only having, 2 menus, placecards will only be small and nothing fancy, goldfish bowl on mirror plate, and then the crystals, it's just like posh table scatter. Going to buy our candy bags soon too! They do yellow and white stripe ones which is as close to gold as I'll get!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 11, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

just on quickly but wanted to say nats seen gold paper bags on amazon

amazon/dp/B001GMRBH...N=B001GM RBHQ
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 11, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

where did you get the yellow and white ones from as our theme is yellow!
Sorry you Nan's not doing so well, but it's good that you are getting over to see her a fair bit.

Were the table scatter things enough - how many tables are you planning on? No idea how much I would need to order really.

Am bored! Can't do too much work from home as the reception is so bad here. Used to work from home all the time at my last house, but had an office and amazing reception, so could use my mobile. Here it's terrible and no office.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 11, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hello all, distracting myself on the dibb when i should be writing an essay. :/ went out for a catch up with my friend and had macaroni cheese for lunch i'm just not in the zone when im at home. managed jillian though and my arm was fine. thinking tomorrow in morning i'll do level one then try level two later on in the day.

my mum has just got a new exercise bike! so i'll do that tonight too! doubt i'll lose this week. i feel really bloated and disgusting from TOM this week.

i get bored sitting around the house too liz.

once i get started on this essay it will be fine!
Old 17 Feb 11, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Evening ladies! Amy - bless you, it's hard, but next time try and go for something with some protein in it if you are wavering. It will keep you full and stop you craving more carby things. Exercise sounds good though, so you've probably burnt off some of the cals already. Oh and get that essay done! It won't write itself and you'll feel chuffed to bits when it's not hanging over your head.

Despite being at home today had some good things happen at work. Think I have found a candidate for a very difficult to fill assignment. Worth about £8k to the business, so keeping everything crosssed. Also got an interview taking place for another role I've been struggling on, which isn't quite as much, but not far off. We could do with the extra cash and it would make me worry a lot less.

My Exante products arrived earlier. Can't really say I've started it officially today, but had one of the bars and it's a lot nicer than the Cambridge bars. They taste a bit like those rice crispie bars with chewy marshmallow type stuff on them if you know what I mean. They have toffee, nuts and raisin bars (which I had earlier) and choc orange. Can only have 1 bar a day. Will be having a hot choc type shake for breakfast, soup at lunch and bar at night probably.

Today not had much anyway, as trying to completely rid body of carbs and get into ketosis asap. Had soya and berries, then a piece of chicken, then the bar. Will have another product before bed. Am so, so excited to be on this and can almost feel thinner already! I used to love waking up every day and knowing that my clothes would be visibly looser. I also remember the real hard times though where you literally are fighting with yourself in your own head about carrying on.

I remember buying some High Life cat food as a treat for my babies and thinking how wonderful it smelt and wondering if I should try some! Haha. How bad is that?!

Hopefully this time I won't be so bad. Am already prepared for the tiredness (fell asleep earlier for 20 minutes) and so getting early nights, having lots of baths and painting my nails to distract from the head cravings. Have written a list of reasons down to do this and will look at that whenever I'm struggling. You can tell I'm on a diet like this when I start hanging 'goal' clothes around the house. Last time I had the most beautiful French Connection dress hanging in the front room in front of my cross trainer. People must have thought me insane.

Anyway, hopefully all of you lovely ladies will be on soon so I can see what everyone else has been up to today.

Old 17 Feb 11, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Evening all,

I’m sorry to hear you are still suffering Liz! Do you think you’ve eaten something dodgy? OMG Could you imagine having to go in the co-op?! what a nightmare! I bet you practically ran home. On the plus side you’re probably losing lots of weight!

You reminded me of a time when I was once ill and in Orlando with gastroenteritis – not nice at all. To make it worse it was Alex’s very first trip and I literally got ill the first day and it lasted a whole week of a 2 week holiday! I was in and out of the docs too as I was literally on my knees with the illness as I couldn’t keep anything down. Poor Alex spent most of his first trip to Orlando sat watching TV whilst I was in bed! Alex is usually really good when I’m ill and will tend to my every need and he was trying but he was so annoyed by the unfairness of the situation that he was just frustrated and cross all the time. I did try and go out, we went to Premium outlets as a test and I was in and out of the loo the whole time – like your co-op adventure! Not nice in doors with door cracks and huge gaps under at the bottom – I hate the US loos!
I just had to go back to bed in the end. My parents actually decided to fly out just so mum could look after me and my dad could take my ticket and go to the parks with Alex but I told them to hold fire and decided to visit the doctors one more time and this time had blood tests and they gave me this stuff, it was liquid and green in colour and I each time I got bad tummy cramps or felt sick I was instructed to drink some of it and it literally stopped that feeling dead in its tracks, it was like liquid magic and it allowed me to get back on my feet and back into the parks. It also meant my parents didn’t have to come out - thank goodness - as I’d of never heard the end of it! Next time we went we went for 3 weeks to make up for the first time and I was healthy the whole time thankfully. Cost us a fortune in medical bills.

Argh, Liz, you sent a shiver down my spine when you said this time next year we’d be about to give birth! OMG! How crazy would that be?! It seems so surreal to think of us with a child each to look after but then I think how scary it seems about never ever having that little piece of us and growing old and having the decision biologically taken out of my hands. I suppose in a way it’s the ultimate thing you can do as a couple isn’t really? I mean what will they look like – me or Alex? Will yours be like you or Dan?! Wieeerddd thoughts!
My fingers shake as I say this, but yes, the plan is to start on or after the honeymoon….! Alex wants to start on the honeymoon, don’t be confused, he’s not broody, its just we are both a little concerned about our ages, especially mine as I think on average it takes a few months to get pregnant when you are over 30. My friend, who is totally medically fit and fertile has been trying for two years now with no joy. The other thing as well is, god forbid, we have problems, I’ve read you cannot get fertility treatment unless you have been trying for two years and it costs thousands, so again the younger we are the more chance we have. Plus there’s that thought of if you have more than 1 child as I’d like a few years gap and again my age will be knocking on then. Also considering my parents ages, all our parents are retired now and so although not old really are in their prime to still be active grandparents. My auntie just had a baby at 41 and her mum, my gran, was an older mother too and the end result is that my gran, who is also the baby’s gran, is 82 and not in the right condition to be a proper gran to her really. These are all the thoughts I have prattling around in my head! I’m keen to start after the honeymoon rather than on it to be honest as I want to not have anything else in my thoughts whilst there, one thing at a time, but we will see. Unknown times ahead. I totally agree with you on the weight thing too, I would be gutted to put on lads of weight after working my ass off to lose it and I know I would, I put it on easily. All I can think is trying to eat healthily through out the pregnancy, following the pregnancy exercise DVDs/classes and then once the baby is born focus on getting back in shape. I try not to dwell on this too much to be honest as it may put me off, I know some people would think that’s mental but when you have been really big and you struggle with weight the thought is frightening. Alex says he’s happy to roll me places though if I get big and promises not to shout ‘’Urgh it’s like a scene from Alien’’ or ‘‘Did you know you poo’d yourself?’’ when I give birth! Did you know that, that you can do that?! Most women ‘pass’ more than babies when giving birth – arrrghhh! How rank is that?! Sorry TMI!

Liz, please don’t eat cat food! ! Business sounds like its going well; I really hope you get those assignments that would be amazing and brilliant timing! Keep me posted I have my fingers crossed for you.

Yes, I had scatter crystals too. I had clear ones about the size of maltesers that the florist supplied free and they were placed on the round mirrors with tealights – they were cool as the light flickers from the candles against the crystals cast dancing shards of light around the room, was very twinkly and magical. As our theme was electric blue, ivory and silver/crystal (my dress had a lot of Swarovski crystals on it so we went with that) the clear large scatter crystals took care of that but I also wanted blue. I ordered a big bag of bright blue crystals off ebay for about £4 but when they came they were tiny, far too small for the table. So I ordered a few more packets but they were all a lot smaller than I wanted, the biggest ones were about peanut sized so in the end I just used them. With the other ones I decided to make order of service cards and decorated them with the small crystals. I also had ivory linens and blue ribbons to tie the napkins together. Each of the tables was named after our cats and we had the table number and name with a picture of the cats in the middle. My girls are called Poppy, Daisy and Lilly so my florist made me a mini bunch of Poppies, Daisy’s and lilly’s and hid them at the back of my bouquet and my boy cat is called Bentley so Alex had Bentley cufflinks (the car symbol of the wings in silver). Aside from that we had blue napkins for the evening buffet with our names and wedding date printed in silver on the corners and blue cake boxes. The chair covers were ivory with a blue sash. My favours were blue boxes, with silver almonds and ivory and silver bows with crystal hears and also an ivory tage with our names and wedding date on. Basically I just tried to pull the colour scheme through the wedding where possible. I even had the cake sprayed in a crystal coating so it shimmered!

Hope the wedding and honeymoon booking goes well tomorrow Nat, very exciting. I’m hoping you’ve managed to talk to your dad then and all is ok and good to go? Those goldfish bowls are really effective on the tables.

Amy get back to work you slacker! Only joking! Try your best to avoid those carby foods, thing is about a low carb diet is that when you break it it’s a lot worse then a regular diet and it will make you feel sluggish and hungry again plus make you retain water and weigh more. Glad the exercise is going well and I reckon doing that and controlling the diet may just rescue you to a loss this week, you may be surprised.

Not much going on with me ATM, that ranty email I sent yesterday obviously worked as they arranged a meeting with me today! Not until March and it was going to be in London but I’ve managed to wriggle a teleconference instead which is much better and I don’t have to dress smart. I don’t mind going to London offices but I get terribly distracted being there and especially where the offices are as they are very grand and intimidating!

Omelette for tea tonight but the rest as normal. Claire DVD tonight for a change I think.

Hope you have a nice evening everyone. I watched most of BL last night but fell asleep so will finish it off tonight.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Kel! Great news on the email that you sent! Someone listened then. I hate London and find it really intimidating in general. Not sure why, as I don't mind other capital cities, it's just this country. Doesn't feel friendly and everyone looks so perfect and thin (in my mind lol)

God your first trip to Orlando sounds terrible, but would like to get my hand on that wonder liquid you speak of! Sounds fab. Poor both of you, bet it was horrible. I got food poisoning on our first holiday to Germany. I eat my steak quite rare and pretty sure it was that. We'd only been together for 4 months, were in quite a small room and the noises coming from the toilet when I went in were not the kind I wanted my newish boyfriend to hear! He made me a 'hot water bottle' from boiling the kettle and filling a coke bottle with the water bless him.
Can't believe your Parents would have gone out there - that's so lovely of them.

Regarding pregnancy I know that we'd like two kids, so time is an issue there. Less bothered about falling pregnant because I've actually fallen twice, but miscarried as a result of the contraception that I was on. I hadn't even known that I was pregnant. First time was on the pill, so they fitted the Mirena Coil and it happened on that as well! That's why I have the injection as it's the only one that will result in a viable pregnancy if you fall pregnant whilst on it. However, we don't know how fertile Dan is and that decreases I think over time with men as well - the quality of the sperm. Crikey I feel like I'm the Discovery Channel lol.

I'd heard about the poo thing! Imagine if you had a birthing pool - it would float!
Everyone I seem to talk to lately has just had a baby and is talking about how lovely it is. I spoke to someone earlier who said that she'd given birth in her kitchen after going into labour early and it all happened in 25 minutes. I hope that's me.

I absolutely love the table names and cannot believe it because I suggested the idea to Dan - to have our current animals and ones that we've lost that can't be there, but he was less keen on the idea. Think he was just expecting us to have table numbers and worried people will think us weird. I told him we are! What you did with having those flowers in your bouquet and Alex having the cufflinks makes it so personal, that's really touching.

God I wish Dan would get in soon. I like to wait when doing this diet, to have my last product when he gets home. Otherwise if he is cooking it makes me want his food. He usually opens the window slightly and I've been known to go up to bed! Not sure what to have - a soup or a shake. With having bought the bumper selection pack there are so many choices.

So glad it's nearly the weekend. We have a long list of honeymoon and wedding things to sort out and I'll be so pleased when they're all done.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Old 17 Feb 11, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Watergirl View Post
Hey Kel! Great news on the email that you sent! Someone listened then. I hate London and find it really intimidating in general. Not sure why, as I don't mind other capital cities, it's just this country. Doesn't feel friendly and everyone looks so perfect and thin (in my mind lol) I totally agree with you there, people just seem to barge past and glare at you all the time, its a bit much for me London.
God your first trip to Orlando sounds terrible, but would like to get my hand on that wonder liquid you speak of! Sounds fab. Poor both of you, bet it was horrible. I got food poisoning on our first holiday to Germany. I eat my steak quite rare and pretty sure it was that. We'd only been together for 4 months, were in quite a small room and the noises coming from the toilet when I went in were not the kind I wanted my newish boyfriend to hear! He made me a 'hot water bottle' from boiling the kettle and filling a coke bottle with the water bless him. That is hilarious! Dan clearly knew you were the woman for him!
Can't believe your Parents would have gone out there - that's so lovely of them.

Regarding pregnancy I know that we'd like two kids, so time is an issue there. Less bothered about falling pregnant because I've actually fallen twice, but miscarried as a result of the contraception that I was on. I hadn't even known that I was pregnant. First time was on the pill, so they fitted the Mirena Coil and it happened on that as well! That's why I have the injection as it's the only one that will result in a viable pregnancy if you fall pregnant whilst on it. However, we don't know how fertile Dan is and that decreases I think over time with men as well - the quality of the sperm. Crikey I feel like I'm the Discovery Channel lol. LOL- i feel like I'm reading a Discovery mag! It is comforting for you to know you won't have any problems yourself which should bide you some time if you aren't ready yet. Its so difficult a decison to make isn't it?! Do you feel sad about having the miscarriges? Or do you think it wasn't the right time and so in a way it was easier to handle? You don't have to answer these questions if you don't want I'm terribly nosey and they are very personal.
I'd heard about the poo thing! Imagine if you had a birthing pool - it would float! OMG - I said this too and my forend said, ''oh its okay, they know how to fish them out'' I quite fancy a home/water birth to be honest but I don't know if Id be brave enough not to have the hospital around me. On the other hand I hate hospitals.
Everyone I seem to talk to lately has just had a baby and is talking about how lovely it is. I spoke to someone earlier who said that she'd given birth in her kitchen after going into labour early and it all happened in 25 minutes. I hope that's me. Me too! Thats how it happens doesn't it? You get pregnant, glow for 9 months and out pops a beautiful rosy cheeked baby and the whole time I still manage to have a full and perfect make up face on and perfect hair? Don't shake your head...its so does happen like that - the movies told me!

I absolutely love the table names and cannot believe it because I suggested the idea to Dan - to have our current animals and ones that we've lost that can't be there, but he was less keen on the idea. Think he was just expecting us to have table numbers and worried people will think us weird. I told him we are! What you did with having those flowers in your bouquet and Alex having the cufflinks makes it so personal, that's really touching. Aww thank you, I had to get my little blighters in there somehow as they couldn't be there! When Alex proposed he tried to tie my engagement ring to one of them, but they were having none of it and nearly swallowed it twice! Tell Dan its totally normal to name your tables - all the best crazies do it!
God I wish Dan would get in soon. I like to wait when doing this diet, to have my last product when he gets home. Otherwise if he is cooking it makes me want his food. He usually opens the window slightly and I've been known to go up to bed! Not sure what to have - a soup or a shake. With having bought the bumper selection pack there are so many choices. Hmmm soup sound good?!

So glad it's nearly the weekend. We have a long list of honeymoon and wedding things to sort out and I'll be so pleased when they're all done.
I can well imagine! I can't believe how close you are now, its down to the details now! How are you getting on with everything? Have you ordered your cake yet? My colleague gets married on Sat and she's having a cheese cake - yes, a cheese cake - i.e. 3 rounds of cheese with fruit cake in between the layers! Shes a bit bonkers so it suits her perfectly. Not sure what the guest will think when they expect a nice madiera and end up with a wedge of stilton, but hey ho.

Right better go exercise time is ticking on. I'm working from home tomorrow thankfully so not too much of a hard day for me and then only in Mon and Tues next week and then off for 3 days for Alex's 30th!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 11, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread