Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
Closed Thread
Unread 18 Feb 11, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Amy, I think a lot of people with a height fear are like that when looking up. I hate looking up at bridges. Also hate depth, so deep water freaks me out.

I know what you mean about feeling safer when you're strapped in.

Exercise sounds good for today.

Am starving hungry! ARgghhh. Have drunk 4 litres of water today, countless coffees, my diet bar, a soup (which wasn't nice, but then I'm not a fan of thai chicken). Really want a chocolate shake tonight, but the bumper pack only has 7 of them. Think I might give Dan all my strawberry and banana ones to add protein powder to. Then might order some just chocolate.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last minute trip
Unread 18 Feb 11, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
my parents are getting an indian tonight but not for me! i'll stick with my burgers!

can i ask what you guys do with money when going to the US? this fairfc card is offering 1.6 atm and that's awesome, but i've heard a lot of bad reviews and don't really trust them as it isn't a big name i've heard of before...
Disney Family Fun
Unread 18 Feb 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
VIP Dibber

That's exactly me too Amy and Liz! I hate heights, literally I start to shake, even up a step ladder for goodness sake! So, I also hate lift hills - especially Oblivion and Shekria but funnily enough I didn't mind Rockit I suppose as it went so fast. Shekria scared me silly with the height. I think I mentioned this before but I also hate deep water and I also don't like thinking about what is below me, I'm a pretty good swimmer too but deep water makes me panicky, in fact when I went to Discovery Cove I wore a life jacket for the dolphin swim when they take you out in deep water, stupid really as I can swim it fine.
Funnily enough I don't mind Doctor Doom or any 'droppy rides' but only if they shoot you up - if they go up slow like at Thorpe you can get me off right now! I wasn't a fan of Thorpe in general cause too many of the rides 'hung' me upstide down.

Last time we were on Doctor Doom, we were with a newbie and the ride attendants must have spotted their fear and thought it was hilarious to shout over the speaker into where we were ''code red, the bars are not locked, I repeat the bars are not locked'' right as it was lifting us up and just before it shot up in the air, we heard it going up! When we came back down we just heard this laughter and then saying ''sorry we thought that was funny'' but the person next to us was white as sheets. BWahaha!

I don't like lift hills as you know and so when we got stuck on Fate of Atlantis at SW on the lift hill I was a wreck. We had to climb out and walk down the lift hill, Alex takes the pee out of me all the time for that as it is the smallest lift hill but it still freaks me out. On the way out after being rescued the ride attendant gave us free passes to get stright back on once it was fixed and I was like ''are you joking?! '' I was hysterical and this was made worse by the fact that the woman in front of us decided to use our ''stuck time'' to ask us if we'd ever met the queen as we were British (rolls eyes) whilst her young son demonstrated that he could ''get out of the bars'' and decided to stand up. Not good. I also got stuck on Everest where you go backwards and the track flips and the shadow of the yeti is in front, well the track only flipped half way but they managed to pull the ride back and set us off again so that was fine. We also got stuck on Dinosaur and had to climb out and walk back but that wasn't too bad as its not high or anything. I'm sure I've had more stuff like that but I can't remember what at the moment. Still like rides though! Would LOVE to be in the rollercoaster club! I've seen them on TV! Total rollercoaster and ride geek too. Have you ever seen screamscape.com? I love reading that website.

Amy, do you mean Fairfx? If so I've had mine for over two years now and thats how we take our money. I don't bother with travellers cheques anymore as we had problems getting them accepted and cashed then we discovered Fairfx and swapped to that. Its owned by by Newcastle building society who im sure you've heard of as they are massive. Would highly reccomend. We also pay our DVC dues that way and we bought Seaworld tickets online with our Fairfx last time which makes them a lot cheaper. I have 2 Fairfx cards - the reason for this is that one card has a very low balance on it and we keep that in the safe and the other has the bulk of our money on it and we use that everyday, if the main card gets lost or stolen then we simple call Fairfx and they will stop the 1st card and transfer all the funds onto the 2nd card. It makes it a lot safer. You can get them free through the Dibb too. We do take some smaller cash for tolls and stuff. What type of bad reviews have you heard? I've virtually heard none against the Fairfx and have no concerns or problems myself. Give it a couple of years and they will do away with TCs and everyone will be using cards and I'm sure Fairfx will be the king of dollar travel cards.
2011 - May/June Disneymoon trip! BWV & AKL.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR.
2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani

Edited at 08:03 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Feb 11, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear you are resisiting the Indian - do you like that kind of food? I absolutley hate indian food so I have no probelms resisiting it! I think the problem is I don't like curry spices and I don't like tomatos or onions so thats most Indian food out. I once had a korma and nann bread when drunk but I really didn't like it. I used to work on a curry bit in a supermarket too, used to make me gag, but I did like the smell of the rogan josh I think because of all the peppers. Chinese is my weakness as thats may favorite take away food by a mile.

Exercise sounds good Amy. I think I'm going to do a Kate tonight as it makes me sore so it must work! Rrally should go do it soon but feel terribly lazy today. Have you got your shakes yet?
I was so hungry today too Liz but I've eaten more than you so I can't imagine how you are getting through the hunger pangs. Will they calm down?

Summary
B: protien shake
S: Peanuts
L: omlette and jubbly
D: bacon and veg pesto stir fry. SF jelly.

Exercise: Kate (approx 1 hour cardio)
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Feb 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Makes me laugh how similar we are! I would have freaked out at getting stuck! OMG that's horrible. I always seem to be near a child that does things like that. In fact children seem to gravitate towards me sometimes. We went to AK I think and were doing some safari thing and this little girl didn't want to sit near her Mum and kept shifting along next to me! Was very funny.

Lol at getting stuck on Dinosaur - I think it broke down and restarted when we went.

So funny you getting asked about the Queen. Last time I went and was in the hotel spa about to get a massage when two Americans started telling me how sorry they were about Diana and asking if I was okay. I get tired of saying where I come from and end up saying near London. It used to be Peterborough and I'd get 'where's that' so I'd say near Cambridge thinking they'd know, but no! So now I just say near London.
Aww I love Americans!

Amy - we use Fairfx and I second what Kel says and I've just seen the thread about the rate, so have bought out first lot of spending money. Wanted to spend more, but need to wait until April to pay myself a dividend and am a bit skint till then. We also have a post office card as a backup. Used to have Nationwide, but they messed me around so much I cancelled all my cards in a strop!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last minute trip
Unread 18 Feb 11, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Yeah they're not too bad now that I've had my final shake. I suspect by tomorrow they'll be gone completely. Can't taste anything funny in my mouth yet, so don't think I'm quite in ketosis. Then you just have the 'head cravings' which are harder than genuine hunger pangs.

I quite like Indian, but am not a big fan of tomatoey things like you. Dan prefers tomatoey and I prefer creamy. My problem is that I cannot cope with too much spice and have been known to break out in a sweat from a korma lol. I do love naan though. I also love tikka without the sauce, with salad and naan. I used to make quite a lot of curries as I can then make them really mild.

Like you though Chinese does it for me. Greek is probably first, but proper Greek meze, not just kebabs! So there aren't many takeaways like that. I'd like on them if there were. I adore most Chinese dishes. It's one of those places I can visit and like most things on the menu. We used to go to an amazing one that always used to persuade us to have more things. They did the nicest beef ribs, but in tiny mouthful with no bone (that always puts me off ribs, they're too messy and not enough meat) Mouth watering thinking about it.

Anyone found a good Chinese in Orlando? Also, has anyone tried Texas de Brazil? I love my meat and that would be perfect for me over there to keep carbs down! Massive salad bar and all sorts of meat.

Last minute trip
Unread 18 Feb 11, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Watergirl View Post
Makes me laugh how similar we are! I would have freaked out at getting stuck! OMG that's horrible. I always seem to be near a child that does things like that. In fact children seem to gravitate towards me sometimes. We went to AK I think and were doing some safari thing and this little girl didn't want to sit near her Mum and kept shifting along next to me! Was very funny. Me too! The funniest thing was when we were queuing for Splah Mountain and this little girl took a shine to Alex and her stressed out parents, who couldn't care less what she was doign just left her to bug him. She kept treading on his heels and poking him in the back with ehr finger. Then at one point she grabbed him and put her feet on top of his and said ''can you carry me?'' I literally had tears rolling down my face with laughter as Alex was doing his bvest to ignore her and looking away but at the pount when she trod on his feet and had her arms wrapped round his waist he just didn't know what to do and instead, turned round, little girl still attached and shuffled over to her parents and said something like ''um...is this yours?'' and pointed down at her with disgust. Honestly it was so so funny, im laughing just thinking about it!
Lol at getting stuck on Dinosaur - I think it broke down and restarted when we went.

So funny you getting asked about the Queen. Last time I went and was in the hotel spa about to get a massage when two Americans started telling me how sorry they were about Diana and asking if I was okay. tooo funny! Hope you got over it Liz! I get tired of saying where I come from and end up saying near London. It used to be Peterborough and I'd get 'where's that' so I'd say near Cambridge thinking they'd know, but no! So now I just say near London.
Aww I love Americans!

Amy - we use Fairfx and I second what Kel says and I've just seen the thread about the rate, so have bought out first lot of spending money. Wanted to spend more, but need to wait until April to pay myself a dividend and am a bit skint till then. We also have a post office card as a backup. Used to have Nationwide, but they messed me around so much I cancelled all my cards in a strop!
heee hee make me fair chuckle did that post.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
Unread 18 Feb 11, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Aww that is hilarious about Alex, I can just imagine it! Sounds like she was fascinated. Why are Parents like that? I'd not let mine out of my site.

We stayed at a hotel at Gatwick the night before last time. At breakfast the next day Dan was up selecting his full English and I was still at the table. A little girl came up and said 'can I come on holiday with you instead?' all smiles. Before I could answer, Dan came back and she took one look and ran off screaming. Was very funny.

Last minute trip
Closed Thread
US Rent A Car