Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 11, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hello ladies! All still on for the meal tomorrow, so don't think he's gone downhill so much, but will find out tomorrow. Thanks for all the kind wishes

All this talk of cossies! There are so many out there to choose from and so hard to know when buying online, what they will look like.

Kel - hope you had fun in Brum! We do indeed have cats on catnip videos. We've been looking into getting a cat run today. Doing the garden and have decided to plan ourselves and get someone in to do it. Want to incorporate a cat run, but a nicer one than in the last house. Have you ever thought of getting one?

Kim - Weigh in sounds positive! I'm excited to hear now.

Am just watching nothing on telly, cos nothing is one. Just have it on in background. Dan is cooking his own dinner tonight. I was feeling fed up as I mowed the lawn and it took ages and I was knackered and we worked so hard. Normally we'd have a bottle of red and something nice to treat ourselves, but as per usual I had some water lol. I think knowing I'm having a meal tomorrow makes me want to eat today, which is why these interruptions are hard.

Anyway, off to bed soon I think so I can stop thinking about food and drink!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Hello, hello, hello

Fear ye not, the Magnum Minis are no more! Tim did a mercy eating of the last two (well, he blamed the cat for one of them but I'm not convinced) and there are no more on order. Apparently the cat said he thought they were too much of a temptation for me so helped me out by eating one. Not sure how he got the wrapper open and held the stick in his little paws, but he is a clever cat.

What a week! It was my first one back after 7 weeks and boy was it tough I had over 250 emails to go through, clients to contact and appointments to make. I had updates to our website to learn and write the manuals for them.

I was overnight in Swindon on Wednesday for an all day meeting on Thursday and the food in the hotel was superb. I had meats and cheeses for starters, gammon and eggs for main and - get this - NO DESSERT! Cooked breakfast on Thursday was great, but lunch was a sandwich or no food so a sandwich is was. Thursday night we had chicken and salad so, overall, a good couple of days away. I find it tough when I stay away as I'm at the mercy of a hotel menu but I did ok.

Friday was a pure Atkins day, eggs for brekkie, tuna mayo and lettuce boats for lunch and coriander chicken for dinner. Tim had rice with his but I just had a bit more chicken instead.

Today was coriander chicken for breakfast, Subway salad bowl for lunch and cheeseburger pie for dinner.

I'm still on lots of meds for my shoulder and have to make sure I have something to eat before I take the tablets. I'm on four lots of tablets a day so end up splitting my meals in half or saving some of it, ie lunch is split between 1200 and 1600, dinner is around 1930 and then I have a small piece of chicken at around 2300 so I'll be really glad when the tablets stop.

We've got an online shop coming tomorrow from Sainsburys - the fridge is bare apart from jars of pickles and half a pot of cream

I did a sneaky measure in the week and the tape measure tells me things are going well so I am looking forward to Monday morning.

Hope you're all having a good weekend and enjoy Mothers Day x
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi everyone,

Oh dear….I had a really naughty day with food yesterday and I’m well annoyed with myself. It started off well, I had a salad for lunch and then it just went downhill once I got to my brothers. Trouble was there was so much chocolate, drinks, crisps and cakes going round it was so hard to say no, coupled with the fact that I got the old ‘’oh one or two won’t harm you’’ it just became unbearable and I had 1 Easter cake (Cadburys mini egg cake) then two ‘’oh go on they are only small’’ then the jaffa cakes cake out and it was like ‘’look on 74 calories’’ and before I knew it 4 had gone. To make it worse we were drinking wine and that was it, before I knew it I’d said ‘’sod it, ill start again tomorrow’’ and I had a pizza, chocolate cornflake cakes and a lemon Bakewell – a big lemon Bakewell. The only saving grace of the day was I’d squeezed an hour on the bike in the morning.

As you can imagine this morning I woke up feeling horrid, blue from the booze and bloated and ill from all the food. It’s such a battle at times.

I’ve noticed with my family if I’ really on point with my diet and really firm, they give up asking but if I show one iota of weakness I break very easily with them and sometimes its hard in a social situation to be firm without coming across as rude and difficult. It’s not an excuse on my part, more an observation that I’ve got to figure a way round. It’s made even harder by the fact that none of my family struggle with weight.

Sooooo, plan for today is to try and catch up on my exercise. I’m going to attempt to do a marathon and a weights session which should take me to about 4 hours if I tag on some abs, which should in theory take me to my challenge target of 7 hours this week. We’ll see how we get on.

Food planned for today is:

Shake (already had)
Ocean pie (for the fibre)
Tuna salad. SF jelly.

Hi Amy, like your new sig – nice to put a face to a name. Those swimming costumes do have a halter neck strap but I don't know if it will be supportive enought for you?
I did see another one actually on the website that might be better as the straps look more supportive. This one.

Food sounds great – always easier when you can pick from a lot of meats.

Hi Kim, you might like that cossie I posted a link to above too or the one me and Rach have but with the underwire – actually its not the same as its actually a navy blue and ours are black but they are similar and I presume fit in a similar way. Obviously I don’t have the same problems that you have but I’m not a huge fan of Next swimwear. I have got 2 tankinis from next that look nice but they just don’t sit right, I kept them as I kept thinking I’d slim into them but even though I’m thinner they still don’t look right or sit right, its hard to explain but Next swimwear isn’t my favourite for fit. Far and away my current fav is my Debenhams one, but obviously I don’t know about the boob issue.

I’m sure you’ll be able to get rid of your tan lines by next year, you’ll just have to keep moving your straps on your cossie, take them off when you are laid down (mine are removable) and then just try and move them about a bit if that makes sense. I’ve been on sun beds before (I know I know) but I’ve found that’s what you need to do with the goggle straps, move them around otherwise you get a line on the side of your face so I’m thinking the same principals for cossie straps.

Work sounds super stressful for you at the moment, but you’ll get there, its always going to be hard until you know what you are doing off the bat but just remember they are on the phone so although they are getting upset with you they can’t see you getting flustered so it will be ok. I used to work in a call centre and was then a TL in a CC so when I’m reading your post I’m thinking back to my training and then me training others and what you describes is so normal in the early days but passes once you are up and running and more able to handle the calls. Is it like a CC? Like you are on headsets, connected to a phone monitoring system taking calls from customers?

Your food sound very good and I’m very excited to see your results. Are you back to full on low carbing again now?

I’ve never heard of the low carb megastore but I just Googled it and it looks ace. You are right those Atkins bars are way cheaper, really fancy the coconut one! Might have to do a little shopping later on. Lol.

A lot of sweets that are carb free are usually sugar free but in its place they are full of what’s known as poloyols which are alcohol sugars – be VERY careful eating a lot of polyols - they give you horrific tummy ache, trapped wind, huge bloating and toilet issues. If you get sweets that say high polyol content on the back, be wary and only eat a few otherwise you’ll be in agony. In supermarkets you can get these sweets that are strawberry and cream flavoured, or like werthers type flavour and they are moreish and carb free but about 90% polylos and I’ve eaten a whole box before and been very very ill to a point where I’ve had to leave work and been virtually crying in pain. When you get these sweets check the back.

Hi Liz, Glad to hear he’s not too bad, well not any worse. and today’s plans are still going ahead.

You’re right it’s very hard to know when buying on line what they will look like. I’ve had both horrible ones on line and lovely ones on line it’s a bit of a risk. I always think that about clothes in general which is why I don’t buy a lot on line.
I haven’t got a cat run and wouldn’t build one just because my garden is too small but I would love to have one if the garden was bigger. When we moved in here we secured the garden for the cats so they could go out in summer but then we had small kids move in next door (with bloody trampoline) and the other side have two cats who seem to think our garden is theirs so I’m a tad wary of letting them out and they do get a bit scared. When its quiet – ie. Both sides are away or out - and nice we do let them out in ones and twos and we watch them but a couple of my cats hate it out side anyway and I’m not a huge outdoors person so I must admit we don’t let them out as often as we could.
My friend has 7 cats (3 Birmans, 2 British shorthair, one Forest and 1 Moggie! ) and her and her hubby built a cat run for their indoor cats (6 of them) in her garden and it was like a cat theme park! It’s crazy, it’s massive – 40ft – and has a tunnel from the house down to it. Inside it has lots of cat toys and natural woods, like giant climbing branches for them to play on and so on, it has filtered water features for them to drink from and toys hung all over it. In side its also landscaped and has all cat safe plants in it and grasses. There is a bench for the humans and a sitting area with comfy furniture and the tunnel from the house goes over a huge pond with fish in it and the tunnel is clear at that part so the cats can sit and watch the fish from afar. Right at the back it connects to a large shed and the shed has been converted to have multiple levels, beds, large climbing frames in it and in there is also food. It’s mental, and cost them just shy of 5k to build. It was featured in a cat magazine it’s the most spectacular thing I’ve ever seen and each time I see it I feel totally inadequate as a cat mommy! I have some pictures of it actually, I’ll upload them to FB and post them on here later for you, you gotta see it.
Hope you have a nice day today and good luck at the doctors tomorrow.

Hi Alex, crikey you’ve been busy! Well done on the Magnums, but I’m with you in that I’m not 100% convinced without thumbs your cat would have eaten the last one, but then again I might be wrong….. reminds me of that Cravendale ad where the cats grow thumbs! My worst nightmare.
I think you did brilliantly faced with hotel menus, what a nightmare! I hate having time off work for the very reason you said, shed loads of emails and I can see what you needed to have time off as your job is sooo hectic! That’s gotta be hard when you still have shoulder pain and a loads of meds to take.

Great news about the tape measure showing you good things though, I’m excited for you and Kim for Monday.

Righo better go get dinner and then get on with my exercise. Have a good day everyone – you’ve just reminded me about Mothers day….I wonder when my pressie is coming from my babies? Hmmmm…………………
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Oh dear kel! It's done now so best just to forget it! Got to get your diet head on though it's only 50 dats till the honeymoon you don't want to wreck it!

Alex I actually lol'd reading that your cat ate the magnums, I gave vision of him trying to open the wrapper, what a smart kitty you have hehe!

Liz I'm glad your dinner is still on, hope you really enjoy it!

Well I'm in ketosis hadn't really looked at symptoms before but I've been feeling pants all weekend and looked it up and ive got most of the symptoms! Got a headache been tired and gasping for juice! Luckily no stinky breathe yet but I eat gum most of the time anyway so hopefully won't notice it!

So I think that kind of answers it, I've gone low carb! It wasn't intentional just kind of feeling bloated from carby food, in the week alone my stomach has shrunk so much not bloated, I don't feel hungry yet im not feeling stuffed! I seem to have got my head in the diet game this week, although exercise has been less than perfect the last couple of days cause I've been feeling rough! Once this passes I get back on the exercise!
Kel I won't eat tonnes of sweeties at a time it's really just to give me the taste, I do miss my sweets!

Right I'm off for my bath and pamper session!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
I hate going anywhere where I have to eat, but people's houses are the worst. From the 'go on, one little one won't hurt', to the 'oh, but you look fine as you are - have a doughnut' it is really hard.

YAY - welcome to the ketosis club! I love low carb, so glad i went back on it and i can't see myself coming off it. Well, not until we get to Florida and i see cheesecake but I'm determined to keep with low carb as much as possible. Steaks, salads etc for me , oh, and a bucket load of Aquaban tablets!

Last year we came back home and I got on the scales - 9lbs heavier. Now way. Not in 2 weeks. Within 12 hours or so I had lost 5lbs of liquid (won't go into details but lets just say it wasn't from sweating at the gym) and I'm convinced it was mainly from eating loads of carbs. i know some of that would have been from the flight but the last week of the holiday i was so bloated it was unreal.

I almost wish my other shoulder would go so I can have another 7 weeks off work! They have changed our bonus scheme so that the top earners (of which I was one last year) now get b*gger all and the lower earners get some. I came out with £300 this quarter and the one member of our team who is quite useless got £1200 because of the criteria they have used. It has been mentioned that they are going to look at the scheme as it really isn't fair.

Last year I earned just under £10,000 bonus which was a lot more than they had thought they would be paying out hence changing the scheme but it is really unfair. I wouldn't expect them to pay that again but to go from the top of the board to the bottom is wrong. I know that a lot of people haven't got job, let alone earn a bonus, and I hate to sound as if I'm moaning but I am in sales and it is part of our salary make-up.

Our cat doesn't need opposable thumbs, the little swine is clever enough as it is. It took him 4 hours to get through a locked cat flap covered with thick cardboard and a roll of parcel tape, and a full bucket of cat litter in front of it. We need to rethink this when we go in May. it's not that we mind him going out, it's the friends he brings back with him. It's not fair on our neighbour to clear up dead and half eaten rats really is it?

Today has been a good day. Corned beef and cheese for breakfast, pork chops and cabbage for lunch, sweetened yoghurt and it will be boiled eggs for dinner. The sweetener I have is called Sionon as i cannot stand the taste of any other sweetener and it is pure polyols. It doesn't have too much of an effect on me but Tim can't touch it. Not pleasant.

Yoghurt is quite high on carbs (5 per 100ml) but with everything else it doesn't take me over my carb allowance so it is fine, and it is much better than a Magnum Mini
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Evening ladies!

Meal over, was reasonably good. Normally would have come out of ketosis before going by having some bread or something, as dangerous to be in ketosis if drinking, but wasn't planning on drinking.
However, had shake for breakfast. Then had starter of melon and orange. Ate the orange and also had 2 slices of bread with butter. Main was pork with potatoes and veg, so had all that and then a piece of chocolate cake and a glass of wine. Oh and some cream in the coffee. Came home and had sausages for tea. Was craving chocolate or more bread, after eating carbs, so figured if I had some meat I'd satisfy that craving and won't be hungry in the morning. Normally have a whole day off if I have a meal, so am pleased that I didn't. That is the last thing now before my hen do! Yay, am so pleased.

Alex - you did well staying away. I find it hard whenever I'm away. Ooh, I wouldn't be happy re the bonus either. I've always been more concerned about my bonus than my basis and I'm confident in selling. Top earners should be uncapped IMO and I've never had a capped sales role. Most companies would worry that they'll lose their best people if they reward low earners and not top earners. Hope you get it sorted.

Kel - You only have 50 days to go my love and that pizza will love your tummy and thighs, which are well on their way to being sleek and sexy! You'll defo have to come up with a strategy to minimise going off track. Shame you don't live near me because I honestly would have been exactly the same. Maybe I could have popped over and dragged you home and we could have shared a shake together (actually in reality we'd probably have just got drunk together, but the thought was there!). You have asked for a kick up the bum, but I think it's less about the food and more about not putting yourself in that situation until after the holiday. I really don't think that anyone could resist the temptation, so all you can do is avoid. I know how hard it is. I spent a good hour crying last night on Dan's shoulder because I wanted a drink and he told me not to. I got the vodka and cranberry out, but he said even if it's low carb it will make me want to eat. The saving grace is all the exercise that you do.
DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A SITUATION WHERE YOU WILL PIG OUT - IT'S JUST NOW WORTH IT!
Re the cat run, I desperately want to see that. It sounds amazing. I have pics saved on here of ones in America as cannot find many in the UK. Loving the idea of having a bench in there. We were thinking of getting a walkway raised above the ground, going past the pond and around the tree.

Kim - great about being in ketosis. I love it. Makes dieting so much easier. Just remember how easy it is to come out of it and go crazy though. Today after a bit of food I felt like I wanted a massive binge.

Right, bring on the telling off for me! Wine and chocolate cake are definitely not going to get me into my dress and I will look like a fat cow!

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Oh no liz! What are you doing? You shouldn't be eating like this not so close to the big day! COme lets get back on track for this week, you get married so soon!

I dont really understand ketosis, how does help you lose weight? never experienced it before
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Thanks Kim hoping that I'll lose a lb a day after this, which sometimes happens after a bit of food - probably water though.

Basically it's when your body has used up all of its glycogen stores, which is because of carbohydrate restriction. It then simply turns to fat stores for energy. Everyones body uses different things for fuel. Some fat, some carbohydrate, all depends on how you're made up, how fat you are. Fatter people have been shown to use up fat sometimes before carbs or alongside. Lean people need (like athletes) need carbs or the body will turn to muscle because their fat levels are low.

It's slightly different with a VLCD like Cambridge, or Exante, which I'm on. The main reason for the very rapid loss is the calorie deficit. You have approx 600 cals daily.

The benefit of ketosis is that it reduces hunger, and in some people, induces a mild euphoric state which helps when dieting. That is why it's so useful on a VLCD because you're having so few calories. If you weren't in mild ketosis then you would be ravenous and wouldn't be able to stick to it.

On the forum I go onto a lot of people new to VLCD think ketosis is the be all and end all, but it's not. It's not like Atkins. Ketotis on a VLCD just really helps you get through it.

Old 3 Apr 11, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Woohoo I'm on team ketosis I love the euphoric feeling, I like the lack of hunger, what I don't like is the rat-bum taste in your mouth which mean your breath reeks! I'm also not keen on the food deprivation, as that leads to insane cravings. Last time around on Cambridge I craved plain boiled rice? and a fried egg sandwich with brown sauce! I hate brown sauce too haha.

I'm just over 2 stone down, my face looks a lot thinner as does my tum - I was saying to Kel earlier than my jeans actually fell down earlier haha - Note to self: do not go out without wearing a belt Had a few wobbles due to feeling unwell for a few days but back on form as of NOW

3 stone to go before the wedding but secretly hoping I can get another 4 off.

C'mon ladies, we can do this! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 11, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi girls
just a real quickie from me and I'll reply properly tomorrow as Ive just sat down.
Just wanted to say I've made my challenge target! Marathon done, abs done, 1 hour weights done! Weighed in today and I've gained weight but I'll see tomorrow after 4 hours of exercise I bloody well deserve a loss.
Thank you Kim and Liz for screwing my head back on and Liz I'm gonna kick your ass if you break again (obviously mine as well! Lol just trying to be hard on you!). Liz I've thought many times that I'd love to live near you as I could be your proper diet buddy and that thought is very quickly replaced by 'oh god, this would mean I end up drunk every weekend and prolly playing the guitar and singing come by arr (sp?)! ) lol.
Nice to see you back Hayley and well done on your weight loss, that's amazing!
Speak to you properly tomorrow girls, good luck with weigh in.
Xxxxx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread