Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 11, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Well the pool was finally fixed exactly one week into the holiday; so we are now able to use it- shame there were only six days left...

We are still awaiting the plush toys and promised vouchers from Virgin that were promised as compensation for the lack of toys etc and lack of villa address, these should have been delivered as promised to the villa 3 days ago- still no sign.

We have photographed the broken and stained equipment, but to date we have not managed to speak directly to the Virgin rep- we have documented our attempts to communicate and lack of response. What we dont want is to waste the precious days of our holiday - we are hardly at the villa- but we will be taking it up on our return if we do not get a reply from Virgin sooner.

How ever we will not book with Virgin again- a real disappointment and their lack of communication and keeping to their promises only adds to our complaint.

I will keep you updated!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 11, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jacko!
Trying for More Ears

Was about to post a message on the forum, when I read yours. We have been going thru the same issues. We arived on the 8th, with a superior villa with pool heating. At first impressions it looked good, until we found the problems. The pool heating did not work, also the pool was not cleaned, no Internet access, alarm had a zone fault, no information pack in villa, and various other minor issues. Raised the issues with Imagine and Virgin, but 5 days later we we still without any fix's. The final straw was when we found a Snake in the pool, just after my son got out of it. We had lots of broken promises from both virgin and Imagine, but this time we would not leave until they moved us. We are now in a new villa that is amazing, but the hole thing has left us feeling disappointed. We will never be renting a villa with virgin again, and stick with a privately booked villa. We are not sure about what level of compensation, as we feel like we have lost 5 days of are holiday.
jacko!  is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 11, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Gosh... these stories are so awful! I'm pleased you've shared though... forearmed is forewarned and all that. Pleased everything sorted itself out for you Jacko... enjoy the rest of your hols!
Old 16 Apr 11, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So so glad you got another villa Jacko
What are they thinking of putting you in there...?
Feel so sorry for the family who did not get another one
At Easter they are in short supply

But may of these problems look like they could have had a quick fix to make at least a little better and not such s disgust
As buying more towels
Getting a really good cleaner in
And the pool guy...what has he been doing
Cannot believe a MC would lw et anything ge like this even if they are now going out of
business
If it was lack of paid staff ..I would go in and do a bit myself even were it me
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 11, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

You know it is all wrong that just because two companys are going their separate ways they do not complete the contract correctly.
Before I knew better I assumed Virgin (or whoever) actually owned their own villas and employed their own management companys, wasnt I the naive one?

Sue
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 11, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
It also appears that there are a number of intrigues with Virgins's new supplier of houses.

I just hope that all works out well for everyone involved.
Old 17 Apr 11, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
armo102
Apprentice Imagineer

armo102's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
You know it is all wrong that just because two companys are going their separate ways they do not complete the contract correctly.
Before I knew better I assumed Virgin (or whoever) actually owned their own villas and employed their own management companys, wasnt I the naive one?

Sue
We too made the same mistake assuming that Virgin actually 'owned' the Villa's so they would be upto the standards quoted in their brochure. They are in no hurry to tell you that they don't own them either!
armo102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 11, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by armo102 View Post
We too made the same mistake assuming that Virgin actually 'owned' the Villa's so they would be upto the standards quoted in their brochure. They are in no hurry to tell you that they don't own them either!
We found out they did not own their villas after staying in one a few years ago. So the problems have been around a while and they obviously do not learn.

The villa we had was so bad it had bugs that left bit marks on me so bad i had to cover up through our holiday, after a long wait at there office we were moved to Orange Tree to a lovely villa which was top of their range. Having said that since buying and seeing other top class villas we were really just in a clean and tidy villa.

We used Virgin the time before this villa and had no problems at all, so maybe it is just luck as to what you get.

We would not take that chance again so booked privatley before taken the plunge and owning.

You have to make the best of your holiday but it is so hard when you have worked so hard to save for it. I know that feeling

Mary
Old 17 Apr 11, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Katie,

It is so upsetting to hear all you have been going through. The lack of communication adds insult to injury. I admire your attitude of making the best of things. You have been very smart documenting the shortcomings of the villa you are staying in. I do hope Virgin offers you compensation - I know that is little consolation now.

Jacko, I am glad that you were relocated. You were very lucky at this time of year. Even though your 2nd villa sounds good I can only imagine how upsetting it was to deal with the problems you had in the 1st villa (yuck!) and then have to move eating into your precious holiday time.
Old 17 Apr 11, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNut28
Excited about Disney

We had a similar problem a few years ago with a first choice villa on Windsor Hills, lovely location but villa was very tired looking with broken furniture and was generally dirty. wasted three days of holiday trying to sort it out. We are going to OKW in August hopefully we wont have the same problems.
DisneyNut28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread

Tags
virgin villas