Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 18 Dec 11, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
pennycrayon
Imagineer
 
pennycrayon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 08

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Hi! I got married the first week of December last year at the yacht club and it was fab, like you we do not enjoy the heat and we loved all the Christmas decorations.

Your plans sound fab!
__________________
pennycrayon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term at DLRP!
Unread 18 Dec 11, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Pinkgirl
In Full Planning Mode :-)

 
Pinkgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Brill start to your planning journal Tabz. I love the second dress. (possibly cos the model is more my size than the two skinnies in three and four )

I know you have a long way to go, but just to give a bit input at the start, I'm not sure how you are going to fit in doing brunch with your wedding party if you plan for a 2.30pm ceremony. From what I understand Disney want you ready at least an hour before your ceremony - to get you there and have time for piccies, also hair and make-up come a couple hours before this, factor in time to get into your dress and you will be having brunch at 9am.
__________________

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Magic
Unread 18 Dec 11, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#11
TabZ
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 11

TabZ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Hi! I got married the first week of December last year at the yacht club and it was fab, like you we do not enjoy the heat and we loved all the Christmas decorations.

Your plans sound fab!
Thanks We've been keeping an eye on the weather over the past two weeks and it suits us much better, and there is nothing better than the castle lit up with the zillion lights!

Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Brill start to your planning journal Tabz. I love the second dress. (possibly cos the model is more my size than the two skinnies in three and four )

I know you have a long way to go, but just to give a bit input at the start, I'm not sure how you are going to fit in doing brunch with your wedding party if you plan for a 2.30pm ceremony. From what I understand Disney want you ready at least an hour before your ceremony - to get you there and have time for piccies, also hair and make-up come a couple hours before this, factor in time to get into your dress and you will be having brunch at 9am.
Thank you Pink

I do love the second dress also, it's beautifully shiny! The first two are from a range by Alfred Sung called Callista - made for curvy brides! As you can see from the pictures I'm not going to be a tiny bride!

Thanks for the advice, maybe it's just my terminology, I have brunch in my head but it can quite easily be breakfast, I want to make sure i force myself to eat something, and putting me in that kind of environment with everyone around me will make me eat coz they will all bully me into it! Maybe we can do it at 8am to ensure everything runs on time, i HATE being late it's one of my pet hates! xx
__________________
Been there done that!
DLC - 2002 DLRP - 2005, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 WDW - 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Trip Reports
DLRP 2012
WDW 2012 Solo
WDW 2013 Wedding Planning
Up and Coming!
Vegas, Disneyland, Cruise through Alaska - May 2016 Pre Trippie
Park Time is more important than Running - September 2016
All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel - October 2016 for our second wedding anniversary
TabZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas, Disneyland & Alaska
Unread 18 Dec 11, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#12
Kim
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03

Kim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love the 4th Dress.

Great plans so far. Lol about changing your mind, it was the same with Amy's wedding it was changed a gazillion times in the 2 years of planning.

Know what you mean about the carpet in the WP... Amy called it 'The Great Nan Carpet' because my Nan loved it

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Huge family 10 Year Anniversary Trip
Unread 18 Dec 11, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
Pinkgirl
In Full Planning Mode :-)

 
Pinkgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Know what you mean about the carpet in the WP... Amy called it 'The Great Nan Carpet' because my Nan loved it

Kim
There is another thread somewhere on which I commented that my mum had the exact same carpet in her lounge. She has thankfully changed it in the last few months so I no longer feel the need to cover up a knowing snigger when I visit.
__________________

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Magic
Unread 19 Dec 11, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
#14
lady emz
Imagineer
 
lady emz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 10

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay you have started your PJ Tabz!

I am with you on those orchids, beautiful! And now we know the silk ones are just as good in real life, and the company provides such fab service! Will be sure to send you more photos when the rest of my bouquets arrive, I have added blue crystals into my bouquet so perfect for you too maybe?! Thanks so much for sending me her link!

And I am so pleased you have changed to WP now, I think it is just perfect but I am biased! lol.

Agree that your brunch will have to be early, our hair and make up starts at 11am for a 5pm ceremony, but I have hundreds of BMs lol.

Look forward to reading more of your plans and thank you again for all of your help with my planning! xxx
__________________
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Jackson's 1st Trip
Unread 19 Dec 11, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
Steph0188
Imagineer
 
Steph0188's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11
This all looks amazing & wonderful! How exciting I can't wait to follow you along the planning x
__________________
DLP 2010, 2012: Disney Wishing/ 2016/ WDW 1998, 1999, 2001, 2006, 2009: Me & Him/ 2012; Disney Dreaming/ 2014; Our Wedding Dreams
Steph0188 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Wishes Trip
Unread 19 Dec 11, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#16
TabZ
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 11

TabZ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Love the 4th Dress.

Great plans so far. Lol about changing your mind, it was the same with Amy's wedding it was changed a gazillion times in the 2 years of planning.

Know what you mean about the carpet in the WP... Amy called it 'The Great Nan Carpet' because my Nan loved it

Kim
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
There is another thread somewhere on which I commented that my mum had the exact same carpet in her lounge. She has thankfully changed it in the last few months so I no longer feel the need to cover up a knowing snigger when I visit.
Hahahahaha it's definately nanna carpet! I'm hoping with the runner and petals I won't take much notice of it, i'll hate it before and after and ignore it in between

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Yay you have started your PJ Tabz!

I am with you on those orchids, beautiful! And now we know the silk ones are just as good in real life, and the company provides such fab service! Will be sure to send you more photos when the rest of my bouquets arrive, I have added blue crystals into my bouquet so perfect for you too maybe?! Thanks so much for sending me her link!

And I am so pleased you have changed to WP now, I think it is just perfect but I am biased! lol.

Agree that your brunch will have to be early, our hair and make up starts at 11am for a 5pm ceremony, but I have hundreds of BMs lol.

Look forward to reading more of your plans and thank you again for all of your help with my planning! xxx
I'm so excited by the silk flowers it's a little bit scary! I do love those blue crystal sprays and think I might just have to steal that too hehe

I still feel like we will rattle around in there but with the pics we can get around WP and GF compares to nothing else on site, it also means we can buy the little wedding pavilion statue thingy, to add to our Disney Dust Gatherers shelf!

Hahaha i love your army of bridesmaids We'll see how it goes, if we can't squeeze it in then it's not the end of the world, I just thought it would be nice to get everyone together the morning of
__________________
Been there done that!
DLC - 2002 DLRP - 2005, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 WDW - 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Trip Reports
DLRP 2012
WDW 2012 Solo
WDW 2013 Wedding Planning
Up and Coming!
Vegas, Disneyland, Cruise through Alaska - May 2016 Pre Trippie
Park Time is more important than Running - September 2016
All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel - October 2016 for our second wedding anniversary
TabZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas, Disneyland & Alaska
Closed Thread
Discount Florida Car Hire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Florida Tix

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu

Kenwood Travel

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2207
CaxtonFX  $1.2149
Covent Garden FX  $1.2279
FAIRFX  $1.2160
John Lewis  $1.2242
M&S  $1.1975
Post Office  $1.2158
Sainsburys  $1.2206
TESCO  $1.2231
Travelex  $1.2127
Updated: 10:03 24/09/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1105
CaxtonFX  €1.1050
Covent Garden FX  €1.1147
FAIRFX  €1.1060
John Lewis  €1.1147
M&S  €1.0922
Post Office  €1.1066
Sainsburys  €1.1101
TESCO  €1.1125
Travelex  €1.1033
Updated: 10:03 24/09/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Tue 24th Sep 5:24am
Now: 19C/66F
Moderate Rain
Moderate Rain
Mist
Mist
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 1mph - NNE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1013mb
Humidity: 88%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 09:20 24/09/2019