Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Feb 12, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
DISNEY BRIDE DIETS - How are we all doing? PART 2

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

Have set up this thread by popular demand

A place for us to share the highs and lows of our weight loss in a countdown to get the body for the dress of our dreams!

I think we'll start it from Monday would be the best thing...

Good or bad news, we want to hear it so we can spur each other along!

So much change was going on the chart was hard to keep up to date, so I think it's best we all report our full figures and keep track from there!

Hope that's ok x
Please feel free to carry on...
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle74
Apprentice Imagineer

Starting to feel a little better, not so sick now, but still very dizzy.

Emma - we go to florida 2nd sept - 23 sept 2012.

Quality Inn International 2 weeks Sept 2008.
Laguna Bay 2 weeks Sept 2009.
Southern Dunes 3 weeks Sept 2012. & Wedding
Florida Pines 3 weeks Apr/May 2015
Michelle74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi ya,

Just a quickie to answer any questions I spotted in the last batch of updates. I'm off out in a sec (to my parents to pick up my Ocado delivery- dont ask! ) and had a pretty rotten day at work today so I'm drained (was my last day).

Em - You are always going to be limited in breakfast choices due to time and variety but obviously eggs on toast are good,if you like kippers and that kind of thing they are good too. Wholegrain plain cereal with added nuts like shredded wheat and raw nuts are good, light/low fat cream cheese/quark on toast, peanut butter on toast (unsalted) even protien shake and oats -Alex has chocolate protien shake with water and oats warmed in the microwave! Sounds gross but its actually quite nice. I'll have a think about other stuff but any combo of good complex carbs- wholegrain seeed toast/same in bagles/same in rolls or good whole grain cereal or oats with any low fat cheeses, fish, meat, nuts or eggs are goignto be quite good.

On a side note the Goodies bars were yummy! The apple and raspberry one had a coconut taste to them and I checked the ingredient against Frutitus bars and they are the same but less calories and has the coconut. Yum! Deffo reccomend them! They are technically for kids - and found down the baby aisle in Sainsburys - but have the smae ingredient as they adult equiv.

Yeah, me and Alex can still have breaks together and I can go down and see him and visa versa but it wont be the same and wont be as often obviously. I really am dreading this new job. My friend was crying today about it all and she nearly tipped me over the edge, I had to fight back tears, its a big move and made worse by the fact that the office did a presentation to us and gave us cards and had even wrote a poem which was silly and emotional and we then had a steady stream of people coming over as I was clearing out my desk. Was a very emotional day.

Green tea is very good for you, I have that and I also have an organic tea by Pukka called 'morning tea' which has natural caffeine free energy boosters in, which I drink all day to give me a boost.

Haha, you can eat beetroot raw so I dunno about the poision, maybe it gives something off during cooking? I've been okay thus far though (touch wood! ).

Oo Quorn is a funny one! On the one hand its high in protien, fibre and low in saturated fats but on the other hand its probably as far removed from natural food as you can probably get with every part of it being chemically produced in a lab. For that reason I dont eat it and just buy white lean mince instead like turkey, or pork, but in terms of 'diet food' its certainly better than a burger and lower in cals than beef mince. Its had a lot of controvery over the years has Quorn, it was banned in the US for a while as it had some links to severe stomach problems and cancer problems but they were dispelled or the make up of it was chaned, I'm not sure. I did a quick Google search and this aticle is quite interesting, especially the email exchange at the bottom as opposed to the actual artice as its obviously swayed one way but the emails are between the owner of Quorn and the author which I found quite inconclusive TBH, but it might help you decide as it lays out the issues:

drbriffa/2008/04/18/w...ood-after-all/

Like I say though I ony don't eat it because its completeley processed not becasue I'm swayed by articles like that, so I guess it depends how natural you want to keep your diet.

The furbabies are fine thanks, only trouble is having 4 I dont know which monkey it was! I keep eyeing them all suspiciously

Thank you again for all your well wishes with Alex and us and our plans, its quite exciting and nice to share with peeps who are actually interested!

Good to hear you are aching and I hope you get to a LM class soon! I'm keen to know what you all think.

Kim - welcome back and WELL DONE on your loss! you little start you!
You souund to have been super busy with wedding stuff!
Oh dont worry about not picking up on my job changes, as I can see you've been busy. Yes my team ahs been disbanded, my work moved to Cumbernauld where theyve recurited more staff to do our work (yeah made no sense to me either). My team of 6 have been scattered amonst new teams and I've been moved to our complaints department which is on the top floor of our building and of which I knwo exactly zero of the people on it. Not my idea of fun listening to people complaining all the time but hey ho. I start Monday and am dreading it. I also cant work from home anymore so my petrol costs will go up.

Cant wait to see what you think to Bodypump! Best advice I can give is go with the lowest weights the first time and if you dont ache then up them next time. Its a fab workout, tell me how you find it!

Okay, I really do have to go. See you later chatterboxes (new thread).
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Just quickly subcribing to the new thread so I don't lose you guys lol! In work so can't post! Xxx
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle74
Apprentice Imagineer

Kel - hope monday goes well for you in your new position at work. Its feeling like the new girl all over again.

Im still trying to work out who is who on here. Im still not sure when you's talk about someone else by name, who exactly it is! Hopefully not much longer and i will know everyone.

Michelle74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Evening ladies, wow a new thread :-). I'm struggling since coming home. I just want to eat rubbish :-(. Didn't go to pt today as have a horrible cold and sore throat. I need to get back on the diet before I completely slip off it as I usually do. Just got a ww meal for tea then I will get back cooking tomorrow. I'm planning on having lamb shanks with mash potato and roasted carrots parsnips and sweet potato. My pt keeps telling me to eat lots of protein, I try but I'm a carbaholic. I wanted to get the three pounds of this week not put more on! I'm desperate to loose the first stone.
Well that's me for now just going to catch up on the other posts xxx em
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ooh new thread!

Michelle i was the same but i know everyone now - I'm Sophie

Subscribing to new thread x
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle74
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Sophie.. Thanks for the introduction. x

Old 10 Feb 12, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Morning Ladies, New thread!

I am at home today and have just seen that my TL who told me yday he was working is not online, and neither are the other 2 team members so just thougt I'd catch up with you lovely lot, then have a relaxing day watching my Sky plus under my blanket as I am freezing! lol. Heating just been put on! Then I am going to get all my cleaning done before I pick Scott up at 6 so we don't have to worry about it at the weekend.

Last night I went to the Military Fitness class, it was Boxercise this week and I really enjoyed it, only £4 a session which is good and he changes it every week. (My friend has been 3 times now and different each week ) So last night we did a warm up with lots of jogging, side steps and stretching, then he taught us 4 main boxing moves, punching forward (jabs?), hooks, hooks while squatting and uppercits while squatting. Then we had all of the stations set out to rotate around in partners. Incase anyone is interested this is what we did:

1. sit ups with partner on your feet throwing you a 6kg ball, when on the floor you had to reach the ball over your head to touch the floor before sitting up
2. "iron chair!" leaning against the wall but with legs at right angles, ouchie!
3. mat flip - bending down to lift up a big mat and flipping it over, harder than it sounds! and then press ups on the handles which you can move, so up at 12 o'clock, turning to 3 and 9 when you come down (Excuse my non technical terms!)
4. continually going through the 4 boxing moves, 10 times on each then a double duck inbetween each move with gloves and pads
5. We each had a cricket bat and had to hot a punch bag which was lied down on a mat, once normal like a golf swing and then back hand
6. the 4 boxing moves but with weights in your hands, and mat flips again
7. boxing moves with gloves and pads again
8. sat back to back pass the 6kg ball sideways around to your partner, swap direction after 1st minute
9. skipping
10. rowing with a 10kg bar, and then a bit of fun was running and diving onto a mat (like what they have on the hoigh jump to land on!) then run back touch the wall and do it again so you skidded on the mat up the hall haha.

So each station we had 2 minutes, 1 minute on each exercise and then swapped.

Then the second time around was 30 secs each to make up the hour Great workout and lots of fun! I think Scott would enjoy it and there were lots of men there so will try to get him there one week to try it out!

For those of you still with me hehe food was ok for me just over cals but that was on purpose with a hot chocolate! Yummy!

This morning had to take my car in as my bluetooth doesnt connect to iPhone and also they told me a free winter health check so that wasn't much fun in the snow, we had another couple of inches last night but as we had cleared the road and paths it wasn't too bad as no ice underneath! Then walked back home up the hill that was hard, pavements are very icy!

Nat - glad things were a bit better with your dad, I feel for you Sending you lots of hugs!

Michelle - how do you feel today? Took me a while to learn everyones names too so I will try help you, I wrote usernames and names in my worl notebook at first hehe

NatsyNoo - nat
alkel2730 - kelly
kaboomba - kim
fieryleo1964 - emma
Loves Disney - amy
snowwhite(number I have forgotten!) - Yvonne
jellybean - sophie
watergirl - Liz who sometimes pops back to see us
Pink Girl - Marie
Sarahewoods - Sarah

That's all I can remember now, sorry if I have missed anyone!

Em - hope you are feeling better soon and can get back into your diet, don't give up, think of your dress!

Kel - sorry about your last day at work Hopefully you won't be there for too long

Thanks for your view on quorn, I did think it can't be that good for you when all man made things in it so will not buy it anymore! It doesn't have that much flavour anyway so would rather some lean meat! Will read through that article now though thanks

Hope you all have lovely weekends, what are peoples plans?

We are staying in tonight, I'm going to cook a mini fish pie topped with carrot and potato and some of our new veg! Hopefully going to make some banana muffins too as I have lots of bananas after Scott brought some and I ordered some in our box, never mind will all get used!

Tomorrow Scotty is working during the day so hopefully I can get a workout in before I pick him up, aching loads today so going to rest! Then we have some birthday drinks for a lady I used to work with but only going to pop in so hopefully I will drive! Sunday no plans yay PJ day! xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

Edited at 08:07 PM.
lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi girls!

Good few calorie days recently and will be under today I think. Hopefully my Jillian DVD will be here today if not tomorrow as I'm desperate to start that and stick to it to break the 13st7 mark. I haven't been under 13st7 for years and now I'm well an truly under the 14 barrier that's my next goal! Jillian will get me there hopefully will take my weight and all measurements before I start and report the results

I got free tickets to the blue water wedding show so were going to that tomorrow which looks good and thats pretty much it for the weekend. Might it in a cheeky bingo session on Sunday afternoon but other than that a nice easy weekend

Lee found out today a promotion he went for he didn't get which I am fuming about he was signed off as a manager over a year ago now and they've been fobbing him off but I thought this would be it for him. The whole place is so fixed it's about who sleeps with who to get the jobs and it's so unfair as he works so hard - think he needs a compete change and maybe to retrain for something but it will put a lot of our plans on hold if he does that money wise but it may be worth putting Verything off next ear and giving him a year to retrain so it pays off long term but it's just what to do - so frustrating. I also have applied for a new job as a community fundraiser organising events which I'd love but we'll see

Xx
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread