Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 12, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi_Angie
Being a bit Goofy

Kids racing through the house as soon as we arrive, stripping off and jumping in the pool (with their cossies on, of course!).

Sitting by the pool with a cup of tea on that first morning when you wake up at stupid o'clock, thinking "I'm in Florida!"

Loads of space (sometimes extra rooms!) for the mountains of clothes and shoes we invariably buy.

Laundry facilities - set it going and leave it (I HATE sitting in hotel laundry rooms!).

More than one bathroom.

Fridge/freezer big enough to take all the drinks, ice-cream, beer, wine etc. - freezing two bottles of water every night to take to the parks the next day.

Games room - particularly beloved of teenage boys.

Private pool - especially important for our two boys, who have autism.

Sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine, under the stars, after a long day at the parks or the mall.

Meeting up with friends while on holiday - come 'round to ours for chinese take out!

Eating out and eating in - we never cook. We recently discovered you can order food to go from most restaurants.

Breakfasting quickly in the morning - cereal, toast or pancakes - so we can get to the parks even quicker!

I'm sure I have more, but for now I'll just sit here grinning, dreaming of our next trip.
High Grove (2007) ... Bella Vida (2008, 2010) ... LA & Vegas (2009) ... Washington/Philly/NYC/Boston/Cape Cod (2011) ... AKL/Florida Pines (2012) ... Westridge (2013) ... AKL (2014) ... RPR/Yacht Club (2015) ... PBR (2016) ... POR (2017) ... HI DS (2018) ... AKL (2019)
Jedi_Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jude1976 View Post
Its our first time staying in a villa this year. Stayed in a lovely condo 2 years ago at the Sheraton Vistana LBV and although we had quite a bit of room, we still had the faff of getting the boys dressed in swimmers and then walking to the pool with a bag packed with drinks, sun lotion, hats etc etc!

So here's my list of why I cant wait to stay in a villa:

Loadsa space
Private pool/hot tub (swimwear optional! )
No need to worry about people above or below you being noisy
Lovely big kitchen/fridge, to store lots of yummy snacks/drink
More than 1 TV so there wont be any arguments over who wants to watch what!
Option of using a lovely big communal pool if we feel like it
It will really feel like home for 3 weeks
Sorry but Swimwear isn't optional your likely to get arrested without it lol
My repeat guests say they feel its like their home for their stay and some have been 4/5 times which is nice for us
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

There are 12 of us here in a 6 bedroom villa at Sunset Lakes and even with that number of people there is LOADS of room.

I was a bit apprehensive at first but my better half says that it is villas all the way now.
We will of course be booking a holiday for ourselves as we get off the aeroplane in the UK, just to de-stress from keeping the peace amongst the 10. LOLOL.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Even before we bought our home we always stayed in villas, we love the space and the not having to keep to breakfast times and dinner times etc etc.

Relaxing in your own space is just wonderful. The only bad thing is leaving

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
The space, being able to take time for myself and watch tv in bed, but the space is the main thing, every villa we have stayed in has always had lots of space and I live in a big house myself. Their is something about the bedrooms when you enter them and they have those lovely vacuum marks, getting excited about our villa booking in November writing this.
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Thousand Oaks
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 6
What a nice thread. Thanks for starting it OP... We have always stayed in villas. Couldn't bear the thought of being cramped into a hotel room. Villas are spacious, like eveyone else have said, love the first morning cuppa by the pool and coming back after a park day and jump into the pool for a swim. Not having to get stuff together to go to a 'shared pool'. Basically everything that everyone have mentioned already.

The good thing about finding a good villa, MC and owner is that you can keep returning knowing what to expect and knowing the area and doing it all over again.. and again... and again
Thousand Oaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
CSIDi
slightly serious Dibber

Waking early on the first morning and sitting by the pool with tea and toast thinking of the whole holiday stretching ahead of you

We love the space, the homely feeling, the huge fridge, the games room, having an afternoon dip in your own pool and jumping straight into the shower to get ready for the evening. Sitting out in the evening with a glass (or two ) of wine.

Relax, unwind, get in a flip flop state of mind

CSIDi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

hi, can i just ask, has anyone stayed in a villa as just a couple of adults? i havn't stayed in a villa since i was a kid, when there was my mum, dad and bro...
Old 14 Jun 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We only spent six nights in the villa due to the popularity of it and it being the only dates it could squeeze us in. When we moved on to our next hotel, oh boy weren't we deflated! The villa we stayed in felt like home. It was so spacious, actually it was massive and there was only two of us. The massive king size bed was so comfy, the pool area and private jacuzzi were great to come home to. Having the washing machine and dryer there was a saviour. We never spent much time in the villa but we loved having such a lovely comfy home to come back to after long days at the parks.

Oh also, the villa owner and management company were so friendly and helpful. We have only been on one trip to Florida but I couldn't say anything bad about the villa we stayed in. It was bliss.
Old 14 Jun 12, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by cbowls30 View Post
hi, can i just ask, has anyone stayed in a villa as just a couple of adults? i havn't stayed in a villa since i was a kid, when there was my mum, dad and bro...
DH and me stayed in a villa on our own last year and would choose it over a hotel room every time.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread