Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Oct 13, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Gatwick hotel & Clubcard vouchers

Does anyone stay at a hotel the night before flying using Clubcard vouchers? I've been saving mine to stay at the Hilton and just read in the terms & conditions it's for a minimum of 2 nights stay. So that's not going to be an option as I don't want to pay for/need to stay 2 nights.

So where does everyone stay and does anyone do it using their vouchers? Bit annoyed every time I save my points up it always turns out to not be worth using them!
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 13, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

its for 2 nights stays at all other hotels but airport hotels are 1 night

I used mine for the Hilton at Gatwick with no problems.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 13, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Oh fab! Thank you, knew it was a good idea to ask on here... might call them and check availability then
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 13, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at the Hilton Gatwick using Tesco Deals about 7/8 times (it includes a good buffet breakfast by the way)

You may not get much joy from their call centre staff as in our experience most of them don't understand the Tesco promotion.

I would suggest going on to the actual Gatwick Hilton website and choose your date and use promo code PR20TC - that will show you Tesco deals prices.

I've responded to this question quite a few times on here so if you want me to post on here the full process just let me know

Mick
Old 31 Oct 13, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Is the Hilton at Gatwick connected to the terminal? Or would you need to walk further/get a taxi?
Old 31 Oct 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by diddyangel View Post
Is the Hilton at Gatwick connected to the terminal? Or would you need to walk further/get a taxi?
It's a 5/10 minute covered walk to the south terminal

Mick
Old 31 Oct 13, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
It's a 5/10 minute covered walk to the south terminal

Mick
Perfect for the Gatwick express train and Virgin flight then?

Might look into this deal for next year too. We're thinking about getting the train to save the long drive after the flight home. Never done it before though but the prices are really cheap compared to petrol and parking.
Old 31 Oct 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Mick - thank you and yes I'd be very grateful if you had time to post the full details. I'm not totally clear on how it all works. Have stayed a few times at other Gatwick hotels but this time would prefer the Hilton due to the walkway and don't need parking as not keen on doing the drive.

Off to look into the Gatwick express train now as I didn't know about that either!
Old 31 Oct 13, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by iwani View Post
Mick - thank you and yes I'd be very grateful if you had time to post the full details. I'm not totally clear on how it all works. Have stayed a few times at other Gatwick hotels but this time would prefer the Hilton due to the walkway and don't need parking as not keen on doing the drive.

Off to look into the Gatwick express train now as I didn't know about that either!
This is slightly different to the instructions on the Tesco Deals web site but it has worked for us for the last 6/7 stays.

Don’t bother phoning because 80% of the call centre staff will have no idea of what you are talking about. Go on line to the actual Hilton Gatwick site, enter your date and promo code PR20TC. Rooms only usually show a maximum of 6 months out. Our November stay for a double room including a good buffet breakfast was around £150 so that equals £50 in Tesco Deals.

There are critics who say that the rates are the top end of the rack rate which is obviously true - you won't get discounted rates with a promotion.

If you like the rate you get then book it on line. You will need to leave a credit card number because they will charge you for a "no show".

As soon as you book it go on to the Tesco Deals web site and redeem enough Deals for the Hilton offer. Within a couple of days you will get vouchers from Tesco for the room rate value. For instance if the rate is £150 you may receive three at £50.

Send these off to Hilton in Glasgow - Tesco will send full instructions about writing your booking reference on them and the full Glasgow address.

Again within about a week you should receive back from Hilton Glasgow the actual voucher which you present at check in.

Sadly you can't add dinner to the Deals. It's a very good buffet but a bit pricey at around £27.00

Hope this helps

Mick
Old 31 Oct 13, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Mick that's really helpful. Sounds a bit long-winded but useful to know you've done it successfully before.

One more question - if I'm slightly short of the amount I need in Clubcard vouchers can I pay part vouchers part cash?
Closed Thread