Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 14, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Julia and Scott's Disney Memories Wedding August 2014

Hi everyone

Over the past few months I have been reading all these lovely planning journal's, they have helped me out so much so I thought I would start a small one of our own

Please note that I have never done a trippie before so please bear with me.

Introduction

My name is Julia, I've just turned 47.

My other half is Scott, he's 44 years old, so my toy boy

We met at work some 19 years ago, can't believe how the time as flown. Our first holiday together was to Disney World, so it has a very special place in our hearts.

Scott is my soul mate and best friend whom I love dearly. I'm afraid there isn't any kind of wedding proposal, we got engaged many many moons ago, but somehow never got round to actually getting married. Think that life just got in the way, we saved for our first home and then we started our family together. I have no birth family, I was put in care when I was a baby, so all my life all I ever dreamed about was having a family of my own. Scott made my dreams came true, we have 3 beautiful children, I feel so blessed.

Our eldest son is Hayden, he is 12 yrs, Jamie, our middle child is 9 yrs and our gorgeous daughter Poppy is 5 years old.

I never really dreamt of getting married, I kind of thought we were fine as we were, then last summer I stumbled across the wedding forum on the dibb and read a lovely report (mrs woody). It kind of made me realise that we could get married in our most fantastic happiest place in the world, Disney . I set about reading more journals and asking questions and we decided that we would we get married whilst on our holiday in Orlando.

We had already booked our holiday, so it would be easy for us to add a wedding onto it.

We decided after looking at a few locations, to have a Disney Wedding. There is just the 5 of us going so the memories package fitted the bill perfectly. We called Disney in February, the date for our wedding is Friday the 15th of August, time is 11 am and the location is Luau Beach at Disney's Polynesian resort.

To say we are excited is an understatement, I could literally burst each time I think about our day

We have only told a couple of people about our wedding (my foster brother, foster sister and my best friend). The kids don't know yet, can't wait to see their faces when we do tell them, nearer the time.

I shall update with a few more details later

Thanks for looking

Edited at 05:44 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
How lovely... btw, I would never believe there was a 4 at the beginning of your age!

Your children are gorgeous, I bet they'll be sooooo excited when they find out about your BIG day
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
What lovely plans - so exciting to keep it a surprise for the children

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

What a lovely story, look forward to reading more of your plans
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

How exciting. Looking forward to following your plans.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Yay really pleased to see this, what a happy bunch you all are. Your special day sounds lovely . Looking forward to more x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Wow - I can't imagine what your kids will be like when you tell them. Sounds like the perfect wedding for you - tying the knot in Disney. Looking forward to your wedding trippie and pics.

Deb
Old 31 May 14, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Aww your children are beautiful! You get married on my birthday! Congratulations! The venue sounds amazing! ♡
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations! We got married on Luau Beach in October 2011, it's a beautiful location
Old 31 May 14, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
How lovely... btw, I would never believe there was a 4 at the beginning of your age!

Your children are gorgeous, I bet they'll be sooooo excited when they find out about your BIG day
Oh thank you, that has made my day. I hoping they'll be excited too xx
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
What lovely plans - so exciting to keep it a surprise for the children
Thank you, yes we love surprises xx

Originally Posted by Peppagail View Post
What a lovely story, look forward to reading more of your plans
Thanks for your lovely comments, it lovely to be able to share with all the wonderful dibbers.

How are your plans coming along, not long now xx

Originally Posted by karalma View Post
How exciting. Looking forward to following your plans.
Thank you for reading along xx

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Yay really pleased to see this, what a happy bunch you all are. Your special day sounds lovely . Looking forward to more x
Aww , I love that so many dibbers share their special day, thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by grottyrotty View Post
Wow - I can't imagine what your kids will be like when you tell them. Sounds like the perfect wedding for you - tying the knot in Disney. Looking forward to your wedding trippie and pics.

I will be sure to post lots of photo's, thank you for your lovely comments xx
Deb
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Aww your children are beautiful! You get married on my birthday! Congratulations! The venue sounds amazing! ♡
Oh wow, it must be a special day then . Thank you, I feel so lucky to have 3 gorgeous kids xx

Originally Posted by Strommie View Post
Congratulations! We got married on Luau Beach in October 2011, it's a beautiful location
How wonderful, lovely to hear that someone else has been married there, hope you had a fab day xx

Edited at 01:20 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread