Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Sep 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
yorks_disney13
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Help 😩 it's now showing as morning availability for SDMT on Oct 31st but when I try modify my current afternoon fastpass on mde that says there's none available?
yorks_disney13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by yorks_disney13 View Post
Help 😩 it's now showing as morning availability for SDMT on Oct 31st but when I try modify my current afternoon fastpass on mde that says there's none available?
Couple of things.

The Fastpass+ availability page is only updated infrequently. It's only updated roughly once an hour. Therefore, the information is not up-to-date. It's possible that by the time you'd gone onto MDE and looked someone else might have got those fastpasses several minutes beforehand.

Looking at the history, fps for SDMT were available at 8:10pm yesterday but went by 9:10pm. Those fps might have been taken by 8:11pm.

Also, the Fastpass+ availability page shows availability for 4 people. If there are more than 4 people in your group and you're trying to get fastpasses for all of them, then the availability will be different to what's shown on that page. If there are literally only 4 fastpasses available and you try to look for availability for 5 people on MDE then it won't show anything.

If you do have a large group (eg. 6 people) then try splitting it into a couple of smaller groups (eg. two groups of 3) when booking fastpasses. You might see more availability.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

On this it says there are fast passes available for Na'vi river on the 4th Nov, however i cant get one?
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by Star87 View Post
On this it says there are fast passes available for Na'vi river on the 4th Nov, however i cant get one?
There is in the afternoon. But it wont show for you if you have FOP already booked. Or another FP+ in the time slot that Navi is available.
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySean
Looking for my Ears

This is an amazing feature! Wish I had this when I went a few months back as I couldn't get anywhere near Slinky or Mine Train.

Where does the data come from for this? Is it direct from Disney?
DisneySean is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shedank
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by DisneySean View Post
This is an amazing feature! Wish I had this when I went a few months back as I couldn't get anywhere near Slinky or Mine Train.

Where does the data come from for this? Is it direct from Disney?
The dibbs periodically checks throughout each day to update the info.

If you look at the bottom of each ride box, it lists the last time availability was checked (usually within the past couple of hours).
Old 7 Dec 19, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Boba
New Poster (2)

Is there any way to see past calendars?

I'd really like to see the 2019 October and 2018 October calendar from the 60 day mark on the last two Saturdays.

I'd like to see a forecast of what signing up for fastpasses next October on one of the last 2 Saturdays of the month will look like.
Boba is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Boba View Post

I'd really like to see the 2019 October and 2018 October calendar from the 60 day mark on the last two Saturdays.

I'd like to see a forecast of what signing up for fastpasses next October on one of the last 2 Saturdays of the month will look like.
Hey Boba, welcome to theDIBB.

As availability is shown in realtime I suspect the amount of data needed to do this would be pretty large. I'm sure SMAX will come along soon with a better explanation!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Boba View Post

As blusterday says above, keeping past data would require a lot of storage. Not only would the system need to store data for each day, it will need to store data for at least every hour of every day. The availability of fastpasses changes constantly. Not only would storage be an issue, so would selection of a particular time and date also be a little awkward.

Also, I'm not sure past data would be applicable. Disney changes the fastpass tiers and adds new rides and this, in turn, affects the availability. The FP availability at HS now will not be the same as it was this time last year due to changes in the tiering system, for example.

TBH, the general availability of FPs for rides tends to be somewhat constant (sort of). The rides with limited availability shown on the first page of this thread (here) stay pretty much the same. Almost all of rides are available to fastpass 30 days beforehand. The only rides with any real limited availability are:

Seven Dwarf Mine Train: Difficult to get at 30 days, available at 60 days
Slinky Dog Dash: Very difficult to get at 30 days, difficult to get at 60 days, usually available at 63 days or above
Flight of Passage: Very difficult to get at 30 days, difficult to get at 60 days, usually available at 63 days or above

The above is generally true most of the time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:20 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Boba
New Poster (2)

Thank you for the information - is there a chance to nab SDD or FoP later if they're taken 60 days out?
Boba is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List