Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Nov 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ginstar76
Excited about Disney

Just catching up on this report. It seems we were at the California grill brunch at the same time. I can see my husband in the photo! We loved it and spent 3.5 hours there!
ginstar76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s so frustrating when you feel unwell on holiday but at least it was short lived.

I did laugh at the matching jumper for the dog. We spent a lot of time in that area in the Co-op looking at the dog stuff.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by ginstar76 View Post
Just catching up on this report. It seems we were at the California grill brunch at the same time. I can see my husband in the photo! We loved it and spent 3.5 hours there!
What a coincidence Glad you enjoyed.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s so frustrating when you feel unwell on holiday but at least it was short lived.

I did laugh at the matching jumper for the dog. We spent a lot of time in that area in the Co-op looking at the dog stuff.
I went from no way am I spending that much on a dog jumper to buying it

He got a lead and collar too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 9 Part 1

Friday 24th October

HS and AK

Breakfast

Intermission Food Court All Star Movies

A more relaxed start again after our late night. I went to the foodcourt while DD got ready.

Feeling fine but took it easy food wise as I didn't want to feel ill again.

I had the overnight oats for a snack credit. Plus coffee in my mug.

A cm came around with coffee refills and lemonade.

I got a booth seat and it was very nice again, couldn't fault the foodcourt at all.

Think DD had voo doo donut again as I can't see a photo of a pain au chocolat.

1 snack or $5.29 plus tax $5.66

First park was HS as we had FP for Slinky Dog dash

DD Lunch

Rosie's All American cafe HS

DD had chicken nuggets and fries and water. I shared a few and had a very berry lemonade with rum.

Drink was tasty.

DD was happy they had nuggets not tenders here.

Nuggets were $10.99 and my drink $12

I know QS at HS gets a bad press but DD especially was happy with the options here. Food was always tasty and freshly cooked.

1 QS

$24.48

Snack

Churro

I was waiting for DD on Rock n Rollercoaster. The heavens opened and I was sheletering near the churro cart. They looked good so I had one with chocolate sauce.

Snack credit

$6.50 plus tax $6.92

The mickey pretzels with cheese looked good too and were good value for a snack credit $7.25

Trolly car cafe Starbucks

DD had another Trenta pink drink for a snack

Snack or $5.29 plus tax $5.63

Goodbye rainy HS and over on bus to AK

Sauli Canteen AK

Me Lunch

Dreamwalker sangria and a beef and chicken bowl with potato hash and creamy sauce. Really enjoyed this.

$16.99 and $10 for the drink

1 QS or $26.99 plus tax $28.74

Zuri sweets AK

DD had a cookie for a snack credit and enjoyed this.

Snack or $5.49 plus tax $5.85

Tamu Tamu AK

I had the malva cake sundae and ice cream. CM messed up and charged it to room not a snack, the only time this happened.

This was nice bit like sticky toffee pudding.

$5.99 plus tax $6.38

Back to resort to get ready for dinner.

Few more resort photos

We got an uber to Wilderness lodge.

Old 24 Nov 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 9 continued

Dinner

Storybook Dining Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge

I'd managed to get adr for 7pm. There were a lot of Brits in tonight maybe as we find it easier to get adr's here with our longer stays?

I've been to artist point once before when it was a signature. DD was 6 and coincidentally wore a snow white dress.

The dining room looked beautiful and all the litlle touches were special like the tree stands, apples on napkins and leather bound menu.

DD agreed to have transformation potion for purposes of this report! It's lemonade and a blue colour they add at the table.

Think she had diet coke later.

I had the enchanted apple cocktail included in ddp. Very nice.

Now initially I thought this was going to be California grill all over again as DD was not happy with the menu. I knew this when I booked but there were kids options she would eat. She was being difficult as she feels awkward ordering kids but I pointed out to DD the adult lady at next table had plain pasta and sauce on side.

The server here was lovely and so accomodating and didn't make DD feel awkward.

I explained I know it's an adult credit thats not a problem but can DD get the kids food. She was lovely and offered to do a bigger portion of pasta alfredo, the grilled chicken or an off menu option of chicken tenders and fries.

So DD had the kids starter

This was bread, cheese string, veggies and ranch dip and a jar to shake to make butter.

I got the regular starters. They still gave our table two of each. They are tiny portions. Mushroom Soup was delicious, shrimp cocktail was 1 shrimp in a pot. I wasn't too keen on the terrine.

Presentation is gorgeous, they put them on the tree stand.

DD went for the tenders and fries. Big portion and she was quite happy with this.

I had the butter poached salmon. This was absolutely lovely. Best entree of the trip. Menu description is butter poached sustainable fish with farro, fava beans, english peas and gremolata. Server said fish was cooked sous vide to draw the butter through. It was sort of a risoto with a big piece of salmon on top. I loved it.

The characters came out and came to each table. DD said Snow white didn't blink at all! The dwarves were cute.

There was also a part where they played music and came around the restaurant.

You get to go up to meet the evil queen and photopass is there.

Neither of us were wowed by the desserts. They were very sweet. We tried them. You get gooseberry pie, choc apple mousse and a jar with sponge cake. Server then brought box with dry ice with popcorn and chocolate hearts.

It was $59 each and then $14 for my drink and $5 for DD's.

$145.91 plus tip or 2 TS

Overall I loved this meal and thought it was special for our last night. Server was lovely. It felt really magical. Great value for 1 TS. Would definitely recommend. We weren't rushed at all, there just over an hour.

Day 9 Total

Snack breakfast $5.66

Lunch QS DD $24.48

Snack $6.92

Snack $5.63

Lunch QS me $28.74

Snack $5.85

Snack $6.38

Dinner 2 TS $145.91 plus tip

Total $229.57

Edited at 10:52 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 9 continued

Walmart

Turkey Lake Road

We got an Uber from Wilderness lodge to Walmart then an uber back to our hotel.

Just bought a few snacks and sweets for home.

Got these for back home on Slimmingworld.

My favourite 88c medicine bin

Lots of random Walmart photos

Old 24 Nov 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 10

Saturday 25th October

MK and Time to go home

Breakfast Intermission food court

DD was hungry and had a pain au chocolate. We were now low on snacks and paid cash.

Snack credit or $3.99 plus tax $4.27

Breakfast Be Our Guest

I'd managed to get another early adr here as I'd enjoyed it earlier in the holiday. Pre ordered again. It was really quick in and out here again. We chose to sit in the west wing for a change.

Shared 1 QS. I had a coffee and a mimosa. DD water. We got the pastries. I chose the meats and cheese. DD tried some bread but wasn't hungry after her pain au choc earlier. I really enjoyed this but hadn't had brie or marmalade all year on my diet!.

We liked BOG breakfast both times. It didn't take much time out of day and it's great value for a QS. Sharing was no problem either and there was more than enough for us for breakfast.

$40 or 1 QS

Had a good morning got lots of rides done. It was beautiful wather today with blue sky, can remember looking up and thinking tomorrow I'm back in cold England.

Brunch Crystal Palace

I'd booked this as we had 2 TS credits left due to cancellig Teppan Edo. DD was now hungry so we checked in and were seated early.

Server was nice and characters were fun. I do like the atmosphere in here, it's really light and airy.

I had the sangria for my DDP drink as I'd already had a mimosa earlier. Its not even 11am and I'm already on my second drink of the day! I had coffee too and DD diet coke.

They do omlettes here but I didn't get one this time. Had lots of cheesy potatoes which are gorgeous. I had breakfast pizza and there were scrambled eggs and peppers.

Plate 2

I also had some dessert, the lasagne and mickey waffle and fruit.

I didn't go mad as I was mindful i didn't want to feel ill on flight home. Looking at the photos there are lots of things I wish I had tried.

I took some buffet photos. This would have been just before it swaped over to lunch so some dishes look a bit empty. Crystal Palace has same buffet both sides. They closed half the buffet to set up for lunch so you could still acess all the breakfast food. I did really enjoy the food, was my second favourite breakfast buffet after chef mickey's.

Cost 2 TS $99.05 plus tip. It's $41 each plus $11 for my drink

We watched the show on the castle stage which was a nice way to end our trip.
Old 24 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I fancied the Snow White meal but have been put off thinking my daughter wouldn’t eat anything (also fairly fussy). Good to know they would make an alternative.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
I fancied the Snow White meal but have been put off thinking my daughter wouldn’t eat anything (also fairly fussy). Good to know they would make an alternative.
Yes they were very accomodating. Really enjoyed the meal.
Old 26 Nov 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We enjoyed Storybook but in hindsight my dd should’ve had the child’s meal, she would’ve much preferred that. We had the same Snow White as you but our wicked queen was different to yours. 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List