Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jan 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
After Hours in August?

We went second half of August in 2017 and there weren’t any after hours events on. I’m pretty sure I spotted them in August the last 2 years (particularly interested in MK), but notice that MNSSHP starts earlier than it used to - am I right, did they have them last year? Just trying to manage expectations (mine) and budget (also mine! )
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yep there are some MNSSHP nights in August they usually start mid/end of august
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

There are After Hours events in August, even after the MNSSHP evenings have started. We went to an After Hours in September on a non-MNSSHP night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yay, thank you! Daughter has issues which are worse with crowds, so going to give MNSSHP a miss, but think After Hours might be brilliant!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Yay, thank you! Daughter has issues which are worse with crowds, so going to give MNSSHP a miss, but think After Hours might be brilliant!
I would take After Hours over MNSSHP any time.

I think the only thing they stop once MNSSHP evenings start is the Villains After Hours event.
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are looking into this as well. We did MNSSHP last year and really enjoyed it, but we are only doing Universal this year and would love a Disney fix where we can get on most rides. I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that they may not release the After Hours dates until about March time but I’m going to keep checking! We are there August 10th to 24th.
Forest32 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Can I ask - the after hours at MK - are all the rides open, or just a selected few?
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
Can I ask - the after hours at MK - are all the rides open, or just a selected few?
I don't know if it is absolutely everything, but most things are open.
Old 12 Jan 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
We did the after hours party the other year as my daughter has issues with crowds. It was fantastic and she was so relaxed the whole evening. We're hoping to be able to do it again in June but as yet the dates haven't been released.

Last year we did Animal Kingdom after hours which we enjoyed but didn't find it as good as the Magic Kingdom after hours.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think all the attractions are open in MK apart from Hall of Presidents, Philhamagic and Carousel of Progress . I think you can also meet a couple of characters including Mickey. They let you into the park at 7 so you can watch the fireworks. During the event there are snack stalls open with ‘free’ drinks, popcorn and ice-cream. They also keep Casey’s open if you want to buy something more substantial.
Forest32 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List