Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 May 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I usually have mine cut every 6-8 weeks but during lockdown I've trimmed my fringe 3 times now. I don't take off as much as the hairdresser but enough to be out of my eyes. Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference. I'll leave my ends to the hairdresser but if I need a fringe trim in the future I now know I don't mind doing it myself.
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Did my roots yesterday. My hairdresser provided the dye colour I usually get along with towel, bowl. Brush shampoo and conditioner. You could get a Skype consultation on how do do it. Just had to mix colour and apply. Looks good. Just need it cut now.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Four for me..
My god what I would pay for a hairdressers appointment right now..
Old 18 May 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

4 for me as I have extensions in.
They’ve been in 5 months now and I would normally have them replaced next month.
It will be weird going back to shortish fine thin hair for a while.
Probably the worst is the grey which almost covers the top of my head, this too will have to wait.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
My hair is in a real state. My natural colour is very dark and I have 2 shades of highlights. My
Roots are awful but I am not touching them. I have trimmed my fringe a little.

As a hairdresser are you able to recommend a treatment as the ends are looking frazzled and damaged. I have invested in Living Proof shampoo and conditioner to help but is there a treatment you could recommend?
( I find leave ins to be more easy for customers to stick to, if you have to spend to much time on things people start off well then never seem to have the time to keep them up)

Redken do a great leave in split ends treatnent in the extreme range called Anti snap. It’s an excellent product. Also Revlon do a leave in treatment called Uniq One, this is also an excellent product.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have shoulder length fine hair and only get it trimmed twice a year and have always used dark brown box dye so I am managing ok.

I have 3 ds. I have given youngest 2 a buzz cut which hasn't turned out too bad as I give dh a buzz cut every few weeks anyway.
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Turtles
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I'm using this time to see how white/ grey I really am. I almost got someone to clipper my shoulder length hair to 1 inch at the start ... thereby going grey overnight! Then bottled it!

I've got my DS 18th in 3 weeks so may do a wash in /out colour but I'm likely to leave it.

I will go back ... but I think that my proposed go grey after 50 (18 months time) has started early. I cant afford the colouring really. It's the growing out bit I was dreading and now I'm 3 months in it's an enforced head start!
I'm the same, one day I say I will now stop having it coloured, but then the next I change my mind saying I think I will have it done. Might try having just a cut when I go back to see just how it looks. Nothing to lose I could always have it coloured after.
Turtles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Mobile

No 4 for me too! Although I have cut my fringe. I have highlights, it’s not horrendous the regrowth but really looking forward to having my hair done. My hairdresser text to put me on a waiting list, what day I wanted and if I had done any colour etc myself.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
As a hairdresser I’m glad you’re all desperate for us to open! I can tell I’m desperate to open! My hubby did my hi-lites for me.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Not touched mine, I need it cut yes but my roots need done more, not touching them as they are a lot darker than my highlights.