Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 May 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Hairdressing - Have you during lockdown

I own a hair and beauty salon and I’m wondering who has done what and what results have you had.
So my questions are..

1. Have you or anyone in your household cut your hair?

2. Has anyone used a box dye for the first time and what have been your results

3. If you have had a go at doing your hair, will you keep doing it or are you going back to the salon?

4. Done none of the above because your waiting for the salon to re open

Looking forward to your reply’s ...

Edited at 07:44 AM.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I have extremely thick, long hair.
I used a box dye- I should have known better- it never colours right (blonde).
I put my hair in a plait and chopped the ends off as they were so dry.
I cannot wait until I can go back to my hairdressers.
Also my hair is shedding massively and I’m worried I damaged it with the box dye so won’t be putting any more on.🙈
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

4. For me,

I was booked in the week of lockdown so desperately want it cut, fortunately it’s growing out ok, I’m hoping to get an appointment as soon as my hairdresser can reopen!
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

4 for me. I was due for my highlights and cut the week after lockdown started. My roots don’t look that bad as I’m quite fair anyway but the length is annoying me now as my hair is really fine so it’s looks really limp now it’s got long.
I wouldn’t dare dye it myself or anything though - had way too many dye disasters as teen and learnt my lesson!
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Turtles
Proud to wear my Ears

I got DH to trim the sides and back of my hair. Had it last coloured in January and usually have it coloured every 10 week cut every 5 so I am desperate to have it done, but too scared to try myself. Does make me think should I have it coloured again once salon is open only have short hair so a lot of colour has grown out. My hairdresser has already started a awaiting list for when he can re open hopefully 4th July.
Turtles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I am another that was booked for week of lockdown so its been ages - I have done my fringe but I am used to doing that so not a problem but have now decided to grow it out a bit as it doesn't look as bad I used to think it would (thank you lockdown). I will not attempt to colour it so have the ombre look right now which again I really dont mind My OH has cut my eldest son's hair - he wanted the faded style with clippers(left top long) so after watching you tube he gave it a go and did very well so thats been done twice
Old 18 May 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
4 for me and my daughter, except for trimming my fringe. I’ve booked an appointment for 7 July on the basis they are back open. Fortunately my colour isn’t too far off my natural colour - it’s just the grey bits that are driving me mad!

DH and DS - I have cut their hair and it hasn’t turned out too bad! But they’ll be back at the salon once it opens.
Old 18 May 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

It’s 1 for me. I like my hair short and have a trim every 3-4 weeks.
Needs must so... hubby had strict instructions where to cut while i sectioned off
Not too bad really, but will be fighting at the door when they open
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

4 for me too. I was due to have mine done in early April, my cut has kept it's shape but longer (and no fringe now of course) and I have root cover spray and powder if things get too bad and I actually go anywhere where it seems to matter.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

My hair is in a real state. My natural colour is very dark and I have 2 shades of highlights. My
Roots are awful but I am not touching them. I have trimmed my fringe a little.

As a hairdresser are you able to recommend a treatment as the ends are looking frazzled and damaged. I have invested in Living Proof shampoo and conditioner to help but is there a treatment you could recommend?