Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 20, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile Staying off site -Without a hire car

We have only ever stayed on Disney properties and have always loved it. We move Riverside, but we don’t think we can pay next years prices so having to explore other options.

One Optus to stay at All Sports, then we get the Disney perks of fast pass early booking etc. The other option is to stay off site.

We won’t have a car as neither dh or I feel comfortable driving, so would rely on good hotel shuttle.

Have you found any draw backs to staying off site? Or have you found it easy to get to where you want to go without a car?

Many thanks
Old 26 May 20, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are in the same position. Looking to do a split stay next time but we don’t like to drive either.

Rosen hotels seems to be pretty good with shuttles and we stayed at Shingle Creek last time with no complaints. That was a few years ago now though.

Interested to see what others think!
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
We are in the same position. Looking to do a split stay next time but we don’t like to drive either.

Rosen hotels seems to be pretty good with shuttles and we stayed at Shingle Creek last time with no complaints. That was a few years ago now though.

Interested to see what others think!
Thanks for the info. I keep getting drawn to Clarion Inn as it seems to be walking distance to Springs
Old 26 May 20, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
Thanks for the info. I keep getting drawn to Clarion Inn as it seems to be walking distance to Springs
I’m in exactly the same position as you. I’m thinking of staying there and we would probably use uber. I’ve read it’s about a 30 minute walk to Disney springs. Hopefully someone can come along and let us know about shuttles etc.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The walk is more like 40 minutes, not pleasant in the heat. I haven't stayed there but I've driven past it many times. It is also on a Lynx bus route that you could use so you wouldn't be totally reliant on shuttles.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Can I ask for those who don’t want to drive what their concerns are?
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve done two trips now both without a car. First trip stayed on Sonesta suites on I drive and used the hotel shuttle to universal and Disney,great location for walking to restaurants and used the I ride trolley for the outlets.Second trip was a split stay first week at POR and second week on I drive at Embassy suites.We loved our week onsite and it felt a bit of a come down on the second week when we moved offsite.This year we’ve booked for the whole holiday onsite as we just love the ease and convenience without a car.If you do choose an offsite hotel and intend on using the free shuttles make sure they don’t charge for Disney shuttles as I know a lot that do.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jfk
Excited about Disney

We used Lyft last year and it was fantastic; we spent about £340 staying in the Rosen Pointe Orlando and I think we saved at least £250 on hiring a car. They’re so quick to arrive, they drop off really close to the parks, you can have a beer with you meals... I honestly can’t think of a single negative.
New York/Villa Highgrove Aug 15
Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 19
jfk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
It doesn’t look like walking distance to me, unless I am looking at the wrong one. According to google maps it is a 48 minute walk, which would not be much fun in Florida heat and perhaps before or after a day at the parks.

We are not comfortable driving either and I thought about staying at a Disney Springs resort but in the end felt the walk wasn’t something’s would want every day and didn’t think the shuttles were regular enough. I think we would consider it with Lyft which we used for the first time last year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we have stayed at the Clarion 5/6 times and you can walk to Disney Springs in about 25 to 30 mins easily. It'a a pleasant walk and very safe. The shuttles are not as good as they used to be but still adequate, the first one to Disney is at 7.30am and the last one back is 11.30pm so you can get there for opening and stay till after the fireworks. The Lynx bus stops nearby and takes you to Disney Springs and TTC in one direction and Seaworld in the other. Uber was very reasonable roughly $10. Loads of eateries within walking distance and microwave and fridge in every room. Great place to stay.
Picalily is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List