Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 May 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Just been thinking about this. If free dining isn’t offered we’ll look to rent points for 5 nights and pay for the DDP, we'll stay off site the rest of the time. We already have the Hard Rock booked for 3 nights from 31 Aug - 3 Sep 2020.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Pay as you go.

At selected QS and Snacks, sharing etc, much cheaper than QSDP

Disney332
Old 28 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

May 2021

Plan A- POFQ with free dining

Plan B- All Stars and pay for Dining Plan Plus but there is no availability on the Disney site for the All Stars for my dates so don't know if that means they are fully booked or not

Plan C- save Disney for May 2022 and do Universal in May 2021 combined with another state

Plan D- do Plan B but in September 2021 as All Stars are showing as available

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We want wilderness lodge with DDP.
Will I pay for it if it isn’t free? I really don’t know. My plan B is therefore undecided as I’m pinning everything on getting plan A 😆
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Pay as you go.

At selected QS and Snacks, sharing etc, much cheaper than QSDP

Disney332
But will you buy what you want or think twice because of the cost Thats the great thing about free ddp. On our last stay we did did a split stay. First bit with free ddp and second without. I had the money but was reluctant to part with it when paying on the second part of our holiday
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lyndseypie
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’m also thinking about this too. Not sure of plan B. Still holding out for free Dining. Wanting to go August next year. Preferably a moderate with updated dining. Plan B could be a value and paid dining plan. Myself and my husband are big foodies but my 8 year old isn’t although she will like the character meets and stuff.
lyndseypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
What is everyone's plan B if free dining won't be happening for next year?
And what are your other options?

We would love to go 25 April-14 May 2021.

Plan A: Free dining at POFQ and upgrade dpp or resort.
Plan B: Rent DVC points and pay for food. But my booking window at 11 months opened up yesterday. And I don't want to give up on free dining just yet.
Plan C: Book a neighborhood hotel (still fp at 60 days) and pay for food.
Plan D: Book a villa and pay for food and fp at 30 days

We just want to know what are options are and have a plan if free dining still isn't there in Oct... (@disney, give us a sign! ) What will you do?
Turns out we have a Plan E instead of renting DVC points we bought a contract resale. We are hoping to use these points (and borrow a few from the next year). By now we also now that we have to make reservations for each park day. We paid a deposit for 14 day tickets and once we have our flights booked we will pay the tickets and start planning/reserving a park. For food, we have a budget of $250 per day (4 pers.)It will be different but skipping another year just wasn't an option...
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Turns out we have a Plan E instead of renting DVC points we bought a contract resale. We are hoping to use these points (and borrow a few from the next year). By now we also now that we have to make reservations for each park day. We paid a deposit for 14 day tickets and once we have our flights booked we will pay the tickets and start planning/reserving a park. For food, we have a budget of $250 per day (4 pers.)It will be different but skipping another year just wasn't an option...
I would love our Plan B to be buying DVC but unfortunately don’t have the cash flow. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the £30,000 Postcode Lottery win next month . Our Plan B is the Dolphin and just pay for food.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn88
Earning My Ears

I think Free Dining is the only offer that would entice me to go to Disney next year. If they had of let me keep my free dining I would have moved to next year instead of cancelling.

If FD doesn't come out then thats the decision made & I'll either do a staycation in Ireland or go to one of the safer countries in Europe instead.
April / May 2023 and now 2024
Unicorn88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

I had hoped that our first onsite Disney stay would be with free dining. However, as it’s not available for the foreseeable at least, it got me to consider which of the table service & quick service restaurants I really want to eat at and which I could take or leave. I came up with 4 table service, 6 quick service and many of the latter at Disney springs. In 3 trips I know what we’ve liked, not been fussed about and which we want to try - via paying OOP.

When staying onsite at universal we’ve always had club level and enjoyed breakfast and a light tea, with a snack/quick lunch in the parks. If we take the same approach at Disney and in the absence of free dining I’m happy to forego the dining plan. It will mean reduced room rates (we all know ‘free’ isn’t completely free), not being tied to ADR times every day, but having the flexibility to have a few table service meals where we really want them. Not over-eating to the extent I know we would on a plan, or having stacks of snack credits left to use to cram our luggage full of treats to bring back. I think we’ll have what we want, when we want it and knowing the Jul-Aug heat I’m confident we won’t want multiple big/heavy meals a day plus snacks. That’s the logic I’m applying this time around in booking - but I’m still hoping to try the plan out on a future trip

Edited at 12:02 AM. Reason: Typo
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List