Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am waiting to see what they say we received an email last night saying they will be back in touch soon so will see them and decide
Dear Guest,

Following the recent announcements about the reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort we are sure that you may have questions about how this affects your booking. We are writing to assure you that we are working diligently to be able to provide answers to all of your questions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information about how these changes affect your booking we will be in contact to advise you of the options that are available. We kindly request that you wait for us to email with more information and to not call us, as we will unlikely be able to answer your questions at this time.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we work to welcome you back to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kind Regards,
Walt Disney Travel Company International

null
Old 30 May 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I’m wondering if they are holding off offering the 35% rebooking discount to international people as if we are still unable to fly, then we will have to cancel ourselves anyway and therefore why give us anything at this point?
I feel like there’s a 70/30 chance that the travel ban will be lifted, any country is going to need tourism at this point. I don’t think the levels will be the same as they were for a long time but they’re still going to rely on us to help rebuild things as well as the annual Passholders and day ticket holders. We tend to stay for longer amounts of time which in turn probably means we spend more money.

I think if Trump lifts the travel ban and the FCO allow travel AND depending on what Disney offer me I would still consider going. I’ve done the maths and a 35% discount would more than cover all the prior dining reservations I had as well as snacks and quick service meals but it doesn’t cover for loss of fast passes, EMH, character meets etc, so I’d be interested to see what we get.

Edited at 03:21 PM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don’t have the free dining I have 4 free nights deal so doubt mine will change
Old 30 May 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
I am waiting to see what they say we received an email last night saying they will be back in touch soon so will see them and decide
Dear Guest,

Following the recent announcements about the reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort we are sure that you may have questions about how this affects your booking. We are writing to assure you that we are working diligently to be able to provide answers to all of your questions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information about how these changes affect your booking we will be in contact to advise you of the options that are available. We kindly request that you wait for us to email with more information and to not call us, as we will unlikely be able to answer your questions at this time.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we work to welcome you back to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kind Regards,
Walt Disney Travel Company International

null
That is the email I had too!

I’m not allowed to cancel mine, or claim a voucher, or move it to a different date without landing a huge fee and the difference in cost so I’m holding out for now.

What is everyone’s thoughts for October in terms of borders and travel advice? I honestly think the borders will be open and my choice will be go or lose money 😭
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Oh and I don’t have free dining either! I think they have just scrapped everyone’s dining plans because they cannot physically accomodate the volume of people in the restaurants due to social distancing. I thinks it’s as simple as that.

Buy the dining plan, they’ve got to provide you with food.
No dining plan means people will spread out and many will go off site.
Shame, I was planning on adding the quick service one to mine.
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
More money for them yes. But it doesn’t help with the capacity as they claim. 😖😖
If they are seating half the people they normally do how is it not helping capacity? Especially as you can have no one arguing that they have an ADR so need to be let into park.
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by apollo163 View Post
If they are seating half the people they normally do how is it not helping capacity? Especially as you can have no one arguing that they have an ADR so need to be let into park.
But Disney says u can still book dinning. Just not 180days out but 60 days instead. So ppl can still book dinning without dinning plans. The difference is that we now have to pay for your food instead of free as part of the package.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

But Disney says u can still book dinning. Just not 180days out but 60 days instead. So ppl can still book dinning without dinning plans. The difference is that we now have to pay for your food instead of free as part of the package.
Because they will have now massively reduced capacity. Where a restaurant previously had 400 seats at one time they will now only ‘allow’ 100 (for example) to book. They have cancelled all ADRs to set it up again with lower parameters.

As I said earlier, I suspect this is a mitigation to prevent or defend future litigation.

They are losing a ridiculous amount of money every week the parks are closed - it is in their best interests to get some elements up and running ASAP and to reduce the cost base as well they can (reduced hours etc).

My gut feeling is that international guests are right at the bottom - right now - of their worry list. Sure we spend more money per head when we are there but not compared to the 90% (?) of US visitors in totality.
Old 31 May 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

But as I said earlier - the number of people, even on here, who say they’d never pay OOP for most of the Disney restaurants - people will eat counter service or offsite rather than paying for table service at Disney, which often offers much poorer choice and highly inflated prices compared to eating elsewhere.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Cancelling dining for capacity reasons makes sense to me. None of the buffet options are opening, and what will be open of the other table service restaurants will have about 1/3 capacity. No character dining will mean people don't feel that the meal is of the same value. If you can't get into parks on certain days due to the park reservation system, and resort restaurants reach capacity (or people simply get bored of eating in them) you will struggle to use credits and then they'll have a bigger complaint on their hands. I do think it is probably the better of the options they will have explored. They have cancelled all paid for dining plans as well so they obviously don't think they could accommodate what was booked already.

It does totally suck and we had it booked for October but will take a refund and stay offsite next year instead, and just do Seaworld and Universal this time.

In regards to the NBA booking; the NBA teams have all been given very strict rules about staying within their own team "bubbles" with team members who leave their "bubble" being disqualified from their team and will be sent home. They will all be tested for Coronavirus before they arrive at Disney. They have also paid for temporary facilities to be built so they won't use a lot of what is there. They are isolating before arriving and won't interact with anyone else, other than during games. You can't compare the rules and regulations that the NBA players will have to adhere to, to regular guests that would have been visiting those resorts.
And yes, money speaks and Disney needs it as much as everyone else.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List