Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Frenchic paint

Evening all!

Has anyone tried this stuff?
A friend added me to a Facebook group and it looks pretty good. Almost too good to be true.

It does appear that people are painting anything and everything with it.
I’m considering painting our kitchen cupboards with it. In an ideal world we’d just have a new kitchen fitted but we need to spend so much money on the house and garden right now so I want to economise somewhere.
However, I don’t want it to end up looking like Changing Rooms circa 1995 popped in for a crap makeover!

I need it to be durable and wondered if anyone has used it and what their honest opinions are.
I know people on Facebook groups can get fanatical about these things and not really give realistic views.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven’t used Frenchic, but have used Annie Sloan chalk paint which I think is similar. I’ve used it for things like dining chairs and coffee tables and am really pleased with the results. I wouldn’t use it in a kitchen though, I really don’t think it would be hard wearing enough.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I haven’t used Frenchic, but have used Annie Sloan chalk paint which I think is similar. I’ve used it for things like dining chairs and coffee tables and am really pleased with the results. I wouldn’t use it in a kitchen though, I really don’t think it would be hard wearing enough.
Thank you. I’m thinking it can’t work for a kitchen personally.
An area that always needs wiping surely can’t be painted?

Hmmm, I’ll see if anyone on here has any feedback for something they painted a year or so ago!
OH isn’t keen on the kitchen after 16 years either but he’d go mad if I made it look like a Blue Peter project 😂😂

I spray painted DS’s wardrobe doors last year and you’d never know they’re not their original colour but that didn’t need to be hard wearing

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I love Frenchie chalk paint
But would I use it on kitchen cupboards all depends on the cupboard doors
Yes you can use it with little or no prep I don’t I rub down every surface take a tac cloth over and even most of the time then wipe down with a sugar Soap solution particularly if it’s a surface that might have been in a kitchen
Stirring the paint using the proper tools drying time between coats all make a difference
For a kitchen I’d certainly use the lazy version as no need to wax painted surfaces
Would I do a whole kitchen only if I really couldn’t live with it and I had to put up with it for 5/10 years till I could replace it
I’ve used it on a old China cabinet for DIL 2 french country bathroom ,pine head boards toy boxes curtain polls China lamps and more but it’s hours of work and practice to get a good finish
Annie Sloan has loads of how to videos on you tube
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I've just painted this in frenchic

That's the lazy range. Theres no comparison to annie sloan paint in my humble opinion I really didnt get on with annie sloan. Frenchic lazy range takes up to 3 weeks to fully cure it's fantastic paint. I've just done the garage door in the al fresco range love it. I know quite a few people who have used it on kitchen cupboards too.

Edited at 07:05 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I love Frenchie chalk paint
But would I use it on kitchen cupboards all depends on the cupboard doors
Yes you can use it with little or no prep I don’t I rub down every surface take a tac cloth over and even most of the time then wipe down with a sugar Soap solution particularly if it’s a surface that might have been in a kitchen
Stirring the paint using the proper tools drying time between coats all make a difference
For a kitchen I’d certainly use the lazy version as no need to wax painted surfaces
Would I do a whole kitchen only if I really couldn’t live with it and I had to put up with it for 5/10 years till I could replace it
I’ve used it on a old China cabinet for DIL 2 french country bathroom ,pine head boards toy boxes curtain polls China lamps and more but it’s hours of work and practice to get a good finish
Annie Sloan has loads of how to videos on you tube
I might try it on a chest of drawers first in that case to see how it goes

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I've just painted this on frenchic
It was pine before. That's the lazy range. Theres no comparison to annie sloan paint in my humble opinion I really didnt get on with annie sloan. Frenchic lazy range takes up to 3 weeks to fully cure it's fantastic paint. I've just done the garage door in the al fresco range love it. I know quite a few people who have used it on kitchen cupboards too.
That looks lovely.

3 weeks probably isn’t going to be realistic in a kitchen.
Some people have painted their worktops and I just can’t imagine that staying put

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Claire Chapman
Excited about Disney

I love Frenchic paint. I have painted my interior door, hall cabinet and my son's bedroom furniture. It is brilliant stuff. Make sure you leave two hours between each coat and it will be fine. Looking for something else to pain now
Claire Chapman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
janeway
Excited about Disney

Love Frenchic. We’ve painted 30 year old wardrobes and a chest of drawers in the lazy range. Absolutely over the moon with them.
After we’d done these we painted our Conservatory with their wall paint and did the skirtings and doors with lazy range whitey white. It’s a Matt finish but so easy to use and no smell. We will never use gloss again!
janeway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm a first time user currently working on this unit. I'm doing it in Wolf Whistle a whitey grey. As the unit has mirrors inside I'm also having to do the fiddly pieces around the glass on the inside of the unit. As I'm normally a slap emulsion on painter I am having to concentrate on thin coats.

Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List