Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Current Sky TV Deals?

Not too sure if this should be in offers as its a question more than a offer.

My Sky TV package is about to end. Current price I pay is £33 for the esential package plus boxsets, Sky movies and Sports. Basically everything.

However each year I get very fed up having to jump through the usual hoops to get a deal. The handing in of notice etc. Each year they promise I won't have to do it again but each year I do.

This year is no different. Their best offer for the same package is £73. I have declined. I did get a letter in Jan offering SkyQ box for zero cost with the offering running to end of June. Thought I would try to throw that into the mix as well. They are refusing to honour it. Not because they can't do the install due to covid but just because they insist I must take out multi-room as well which I don't need or want and was not in the offer conditions.

Can I ask for negotating purposes whats best people have had recently? Its Sky TV only. I am not in a position to take broadband or phones.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
How about considering Now tv (if you have broadband), they were doing a 12 month pass for £99 or 6 month pass for £49 recently for both movie and entertainment package which is all the channels from sky and regular bbc, itv, channel 4/5, no sports unless you purchase the sports pass, I'm not sure of the cost as have no need for sports.
Worth checking if they have the above deal or something similar.
DLP 2016, 2018

Edited at 09:39 PM.
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisalimetree
Excited about Disney

Give your notice and sit and wait they will offer you a deal. It was around 27th day of the 30 day notice they contacted us and we got phone line fast broadband tv & sports for £60
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it depends who you get on the phone. We were due to renew a saw a new customer offer. So we phoned told them we wanted them to match the offer and they did. Whereas it took us 3 weeks of phoning virgin to get a decent deal on our broadband
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I did get a letter in Jan offering SkyQ box for zero cost with the offering running to end of June. Thought I would try to throw that into the mix as well. They are refusing to honour it. Not because they can't do the install due to covid but just because they insist I must take out multi-room as well which I don't need or want and was not in the offer conditions.

I know people receive different offers but my Sky Q offer dating back to 26/01/2020 is dependent on subscribing to Sky Q Experience with a Minibox.
Two boxes for no cost, paying £55 per month with free self-install.
(We had Sky Q before but went back to HD)

Didn't take it up.

Rang up asking about HDR needing latest Q box to find out if it was still free. The answer was yes, but the monthly cost was higher so didn't do anything.

I think you'll still have a chance of a free Q box but the monthly amount will be more, with or without multi-room because Sky put their prices up in April ?

I don't need multi-room but was still offered a free Q box. Maybe without needing HDR they send out an older or refurbished box ?

Self-install is offered providing you already have a compatible LNB on your dish ie you've had a Q box before.

Rather use chat tbh.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't upgrade for Sky's implementation of HDR. It is the weakest form of HDR and only available on a few channels and very limited content. None of the apps like Netflix or Disney+ have been upgraded either.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh no I really feel for you my Sky contract is due to end this month & I was ready to ring up with all my info on better deals elsewhere, like Now tv etc, then I lucked out & received an email saying they are going to keep me on the same deal for another year 🥳🥳🥳
Happy Days this never happens to us 🤣
£54 a month TV Netflix Cinema & Basic Broadband 💪
Can’t you ring again & say you’ll go to Now Tv I know that Sky own them too, but surely they won’t want you to leave 🤞
Good luck
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We just recently got sky signature which includes boxsets and we added kids and 2 months free sky cinema for £18 mth, this is 18 mth contract. I then just added sports premier football for additional £18 mth but this doesnt have contract so can end when footie ends. I was happy with this deal.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Sky usually manage to do a decent deal so don't be put off calling them even in the current situation.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Sky usually manage to do a decent deal so don't be put off calling them even in the current situation.
Retentions are working as normal.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List