Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Mar 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Red
Proud to wear my Ears

Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hello April, I am so late to this I think everyone has gone home 😔 I just wanted to say I have loved reading all your reports - it has taken me a couple of weeks to get to the end of this one , I limited how much I read as I didn't want it to end 😀

I loved your Halloween costumes, you so creative. Poor looked so handsome in his suit.
Poor RC, I hope he is beginning to feel better.

My teenage crush was Andrew Ridgley, I thought he was much more handsome than George Micheal 😀

We like the Broadway Cinema in Letchworth. It's Deco in style, only has 4 screens and the main screen is also used as a theatre. It is also cheaper and so much nicer than our local Cineworld.

Thank you so much for writing your reports, I will miss them. Wishing you and your lovely family many more adventures
Emma x
Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hello April, I am so late to this I think everyone has gone home 😔 I just wanted to say I have loved reading all your reports - it has taken me a couple of weeks to get to the end of this one , I limited how much I read as I didn't want it to end 😀

I loved your Halloween costumes, you so creative. Poor looked so handsome in his suit.
Poor RC, I hope he is beginning to feel better.

My teenage crush was Andrew Ridgley, I thought he was much more handsome than George Micheal 😀

We like the Broadway Cinema in Letchworth. It's Deco in style, only has 4 screens and the main screen is also used as a theatre. It is also cheaper and so much nicer than our local Cineworld.

Thank you so much for writing your reports, I will miss them. Wishing you and your lovely family many more adventures
Emma x
Everyone's gone home but me, Emma. I'm still here sweeping the floors and polishing the glasses.

Many thanks for taking the time to check in. It is much appreciated.

Andrew Ridgeley! Now there is a blast from the past...one of my girlfriends and I always said that he should do a world tour with Oates, Garfunkel and all the other "second fiddles". I still think that tour would make fat piles of cash.

Despite having lived (for at least half the year) in Hertfordshire for 15 years...I've never been to Letchworth. But now...perhaps a reason to go! We used to get up Baldock way a fair amount - as there's a John Deere dealership nearby. Poot was obsessed with farm machines as a wee lad - and he could wander among them for HOURS. Seems like just yesterday...and now he has size 8 feet and likes girls. Where did the time go, my friend?

Thanks again for your kind words - R.C. is (AT LAST!) on the mend and has been told that as from today he can start driving a very little. Thank you, Lord. I love that man...but GOSH he's been a colossal pain in the backside these last couple of months. Though...to be fair, I am probably not the ideal nurse. I'm more "Suck it up" and less "Poor Widdle Diddums", I fear.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Red
Proud to wear my Ears

Red's Reviews
I would definitely pay to see that show 😄
Letchworth is worth a wander, some lovely houses to have a nose at, and apparently the counties first roundabout!
I am so glad things are beginning to return to normal.
Take care
Emma
Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Red
Proud to wear my Ears

Red's Reviews
That should have been 'Country'!
Old 2 Apr 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Hello April, i’ve Just finished reading your 2016 and 2017 trip reports and I have loved them. I loved all the aside stories - you have had me laughing out loud

Poot sounds like such an intelligent, kind and thoughtful young man, you must be so proud of him - and despite how he eats his bread roll, he seems very well mannered.

Don’t you find it odd when people comment that your children have good manners? When we were last at Disney in 2015 (it’s ok though we’re going back next year ) the waiting staff were always saying how polite my children were. Whilst nice to hear, it’s odd and rather sad because saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ shouldn’t be surprising enough to comment on.

Now talking about manners, I couldn’t believe how horrible, Horrible Woman was at the parade . I was pleased Disney moved the newlyweds to a special spot so that they got a great view. I agree Mama Cajun’s response was a bit extreme and sadly I feel she wasn’t much better than HW.

I did feel sad for TF also. Imagine being sent away to live with strangers for several weeks (the original plan was 6 weeks wasn’t it?) when you can’t speak the language of the place you are being sent to and knowing that you will then be sent to boarding school. I wholeheartedly agree with you about not sending Poot away. If wanting to have your child with you, wanting to be certain of their safety, taking an interest in what they are doing and actually parenting is ‘old fashioned’ then bring it on. I think if a few more parents acted in this way the world may be a better place.

I was very sorry to read of your heath scare and R.C’s accident and hope that you are both feeling better soon. I did laugh to read that you found R.C ‘difficult’ over the past couple of months. My husband had a knee op a few years back and had to have several weeks off work - it was nearly the end of our marriage!

Anyway, I am very conscious that in this post I have kept saying how ‘sad’ I was about various bits of your reports. I’m sorry about that as it’s not a true reflection of how I have felt reading them. They have been brilliant, funny and informative. I’ve enjoyed reading Poot’s contributions although I must admit to being rather terrified that Poot will read this post and find my English, punctuation and grammar at fault and rush to take a photo of it!

I must also admit to being someone who reads trippies but very rarely posts a response to them. My defence is that I am often arriving late to them and feel that my response is irrelevant but reading how hurtful it feels to the author knowing there are all these readers reading but not making any comment has made me decide to respond no matter how late I arrive at the party!

Thank you for taking the time to write your reports. I do hope you change your mind in the future.

All the best to you, R.C and Poot
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I would definitely pay to see that show 😄
Letchworth is worth a wander, some lovely houses to have a nose at, and apparently the counties first roundabout!
I am so glad things are beginning to return to normal.
Take care
Emma
That should have been 'Country'!
Lol, the country's first roundabout! Clearly you know JUST how nerdy we are Chez Gopher.
Old 4 Apr 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Hello April, i’ve Just finished reading your 2016 and 2017 trip reports and I have loved them. I loved all the aside stories - you have had me laughing out loud

Poot sounds like such an intelligent, kind and thoughtful young man, you must be so proud of him - and despite how he eats his bread roll, he seems very well mannered.

Don’t you find it odd when people comment that your children have good manners? When we were last at Disney in 2015 (it’s ok though we’re going back next year ) the waiting staff were always saying how polite my children were. Whilst nice to hear, it’s odd and rather sad because saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ shouldn’t be surprising enough to comment on.

Now talking about manners, I couldn’t believe how horrible, Horrible Woman was at the parade . I was pleased Disney moved the newlyweds to a special spot so that they got a great view. I agree Mama Cajun’s response was a bit extreme and sadly I feel she wasn’t much better than HW.

I did feel sad for TF also. Imagine being sent away to live with strangers for several weeks (the original plan was 6 weeks wasn’t it?) when you can’t speak the language of the place you are being sent to and knowing that you will then be sent to boarding school. I wholeheartedly agree with you about not sending Poot away. If wanting to have your child with you, wanting to be certain of their safety, taking an interest in what they are doing and actually parenting is ‘old fashioned’ then bring it on. I think if a few more parents acted in this way the world may be a better place.

I was very sorry to read of your heath scare and R.C’s accident and hope that you are both feeling better soon. I did laugh to read that you found R.C ‘difficult’ over the past couple of months. My husband had a knee op a few years back and had to have several weeks off work - it was nearly the end of our marriage!

Anyway, I am very conscious that in this post I have kept saying how ‘sad’ I was about various bits of your reports. I’m sorry about that as it’s not a true reflection of how I have felt reading them. They have been brilliant, funny and informative. I’ve enjoyed reading Poot’s contributions although I must admit to being rather terrified that Poot will read this post and find my English, punctuation and grammar at fault and rush to take a photo of it!

I must also admit to being someone who reads trippies but very rarely posts a response to them. My defence is that I am often arriving late to them and feel that my response is irrelevant but reading how hurtful it feels to the author knowing there are all these readers reading but not making any comment has made me decide to respond no matter how late I arrive at the party!

Thank you for taking the time to write your reports. I do hope you change your mind in the future.

All the best to you, R.C and Poot
Whilst nice to hear, it’s odd and rather sad because saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ shouldn’t be surprising enough to comment on.

This ^^^! 10,000 times this!

I joke with Poot and tell him that he'll have his pick of the girls in a few years' time...since he'll be the only one left (other than YOUR KIDS, it sounds like ) who has any manners!

The funny thing is...manners are the thing I have found it the hardest to teach. If I had a pound for every time Poot said to me something like, "But WHY can't I eat my salad with my fingers?"...I'd be typing this from my private island in the Bahamas!

...continuing with manners...

Yes, I think that Mama Cajun just made things worse. It's absolutely VITAL that we teach our kids (and hopefully some ill-bred adults!) the virtue of SELF-CONTROL. You never regret being the bigger person. And Disney or not...in America lots of people are packing heat. Better safe than sorry.

Thank you for your kind comments on old-fashioned parenting. The Queen often says, "If you baby them when they are babies, you won't have to baby them when they are men."

Nine is old enough to take some steps toward independence (and now that Poot's 11 he has his first "job") - but I think that to send kids away when they are that small HAS TO damage the trust they have in their parents...no matter how much they may come to love boarding school. And kids who don't trust their parents have a hard time getting started in adulthood.

R.C. drove himself to and from work yesterday. Poot and I had a little party for ourselves to celebrate - with hamburgers, chips and milkshakes.

I hear you TOTALLY about the post-op weeks not being a honeymoon! Every morning I would say to myself, "Remember to show kindness, etc..." - but it wasn't easy - and many days I was probably more like Nurse Ratched than I was like Florence Nightingale.

My goal wasn't to make anybody feel BADLY for not commenting - it was just to give a frank answer to Allie. I feel like I've come to know some of the ladies in this thread fairly well - and I just couldn't bring myself to lie to them. And I wanted to reassure other trippie authors out there who might be feeling a bit...pathetic...at feeling disappointed at the lack of response - that they're not the only ones. I wonder what the "Like" button will do to TR comments...we shall see, I suppose. No surprise I'm not a fan.

Enjoy your Florida planning! Nothing like knowing you're going back at last!
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

I have been confined to the sofa for the last six weeks as a result of ankle surgery and trip reports have kept me sane! I was already a fan of HelenJNT and Happyhaunt1000. I have just discovered Gill H and via her report I came to your report. I have so enjoyed reading it. Poot is a lovely young man and his comments are incisive and astute. You have a real gift for writing and I have really enjoyed all of this thread . Off to read your other reports now, thank you for taking the time to write them.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Where’s my commission?!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

GopherLass: I wonder what the "Like" button will do to TR comments...we shall see, I suppose. No surprise I'm not a fan.

Eek I was just about to 'like' your post

Rosered: I have just discovered Gill H Ooh off to check them out now.

Thanks Gill H for posting directly after - I don't have to hunt you down now.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List