Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi, we have visited Uni of Leeds, & Leeds Beckett (both commutable), Sheffield (dd didn't like it) and York (she liked the course content and the campus. The accommodation we looked at all seemed to be flats of 12 which she felt was a bit large, so she wants to look and see if smaller flats are offered on the newer campus which she preferred).

She has managed to get another two Saturdays off work in Oct so is relooking at her possible list to make a decision on which to visit - I think she has found it a bit overwhelming at times. Liverpool is one of her these so nice to read others have liked it.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

Hi Diane was it Sheffield Uni or Sheffield Hallam your Dd didn’t like? We are visiting Hallam on Oct 6th so interested in to hear what she didn’t like. We have Derby and Coventry next week. Think I’ll need a holiday to recover after all these trips 😀
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
Hi Diane was it Sheffield Uni or Sheffield Hallam your Dd didn’t like? We are visiting Hallam on Oct 6th so interested in to hear what she didn’t like. We have Derby and Coventry next week. Think I’ll need a holiday to recover after all these trips 😀
Hi, it was Sheffield Uni - she didn't find the course talk very inspiring & the lecturer she spoke to after didn't really answer her basic questions which really put her off. She was all for going home after that, but we visited one accommodation site at Endcliffe which was nice. After visiting York last weekend she seemed happier at a campus style uni if she is not commuting, rather than a city centre one.

The visits are tiring, trying to fit in what you want to see at the times they are available. I thought Id get to visit some new places but so far we haven't ventured out of Yorkshire!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
We had a really good day at Liverpool University yesterday. I thought it was really well organised and met and chatted to lovely staff and students. DD really liked one of the accommodation options we viewed. Will definitely be one of her choices 😊
DD also liked Liverpool when she visited. Unfortunately the required grades might be a little too high for her.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Liverpool for us on Saturday so really interesting to read this thread...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Hey all just found this thread, My daughter is looking at studying forensic investigation / Criminal psychology.

So far her favourite is Plymouth Marjon. We are hoping to visit Bournemouth, Brighton, Lincoln and Winchester

Cant believe this has come around so quick!

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The Duchess View Post
Hey all just found this thread, My daughter is looking at studying forensic investigation / Criminal psychology.

So far her favourite is Plymouth Marjon. We are hoping to visit Bournemouth, Brighton, Lincoln and Winchester

Cant believe this has come around so quick!
Has she considered / considering either Coventry or university of Gloucestershire in Cheltenham. Both have excellent forensics sides.

My DD has been at Winchester, but has dropped out. It seems to have a high attrition rate for criminology/forensics. Also suggest looking at those which are BSc rather than BA as they are more hands on for forensics imho after having trawled around the UK courses on this subject.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Has she considered / considering either Coventry or university of Gloucestershire in Cheltenham. Both have excellent forensics sides.

My DD has been at Winchester, but has dropped out. It seems to have a high attrition rate for criminology/forensics. Also suggest looking at those which are BSc rather than BA as they are more hands on for forensics imho after having trawled around the UK courses on this subject.
Thank you we will have a look into those and thank you for the advise, I know nothing about forensics so much appreciated

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Liz
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Just joining this thread

My son wants to study computer science, his choices are London, Glasgow, Northumbria and Leeds (Becket & University)

We travelled down to Kings College, London 7th September and Leeds Becket this weekend, so far London is his favourite (just hoping he likes Leeds University next week as we are in Sheffield and I really don’t want him as far away so London or Glasgow ) He won't even look at Sheffield as he is adamant he wants to move away and says Leeds is a still a bit too close

He's re-sitting a couple of mocks in an attempt to get his predicted grades higher before sending his applications in. His predicted GCSE's weren’t very good but he smashed them all and he's determined to get all A's
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
Just joining this thread

My son wants to study computer science, his choices are London, Glasgow, Northumbria and Leeds (Becket & University)

We travelled down to Kings College, London 7th September and Leeds Becket this weekend, so far London is his favourite (just hoping he likes Leeds University next week as we are in Sheffield and I really don’t want him as far away so London or Glasgow ) He won't even look at Sheffield as he is adamant he wants to move away and says Leeds is a still a bit too close

He's re-sitting a couple of mocks in an attempt to get his predicted grades higher before sending his applications in. His predicted GCSE's weren’t very good but he smashed them all and he's determined to get all A's
My son studied computer science at kings with a year out in industry and loved it at least there is good train services into London, it's just a shame it's so expensive to live there x
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List