Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Oct 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A pity about the fish but the pizzas look excellent. Glad they were what you expected.

I am getting more and more impressed with the CBR food. The beef looks really good.

I so agree with you ref hotel corridors. Mind you I suppose staying in US Motels since 1976 has made me view them in a better light than hotel style places.

Have fun.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Glad the kids are still enjoying the braised beef!

Shame you were washed out at Beach Club on check out day. Your views are exactly the same as ours - we definitely prefer POR and the moderate style to our 2 nights at BCV - it suits us better and so does the QSDP with just a couple of OOP table service meals.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've just discovered this and it's so useful. We're staying at CBR on ddp in August and myself and my son don't wat meat so it's great to hear about all the plant-based options and how delicious they are. I can't wait! Thanks for taking the time to post and regularly update.

I have one question, I know they do a vegan version of scrambled eggs for breakfast but can you use snack credits to get things like bagels and fresh fruit in the grab and go there? I can't eat cereal so trying to work out what I can do for breakfast that's vegan.
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great report so far, I'm so impressed by the range of foods at the f & w too, and really good portions!
On reading the CBR menus previously I've not been that keen on the look of the food but your photos make me think differently.
I love Blaze pizza, the quality of the pizzas are just fab.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. I'm sure izzy will be delighted to see her boyfriend, what a lovely surprise for her! X
beegnjasmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I'm late to the party gutted to have missed following live so far... hope you are having a great time food looks great I can't wait to see the rest
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Just caught up.. really enjoying your report so far.

Have you passed Polite Pig yet? I know you had been enquiring about the Bbq smell and taste beforehand.

Hope you have a great day today!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for doing this, we will be heading to CBR soon so your review is really helpful.

Thanks

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 5 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Today's food is a bit lacking in variety unfortunately as we had a bit of a set back with our plans. We went to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning with the intention of having lunch there. We were having a great time, but then Izzy, Andy and Brodie went in the wave pool (or injury pool as I call it), and Izzy scraped the bottom of both big toes up pretty badly, plus a few smaller scrapes on the top of her feet. So, we visited first aid to get her cleaned up, and then called it a day and came back to CBR where we had lunch. Evening plans were MK with dinner there. We made it out, did our fastpasses, but then Izzy's feet really started to hurt, so we came back to CBR and had dinner here too. No prizes for guessing what they both had!

Breakfast was the usual cereal in our room, but I've now figured out that we've saved more than enough credits to cover Sam's food, so there will be a few breakfast offerings in the coming days.

We did have a couple of snacks at TL. Izzy got 6 mini doughnuts from a Joffreys stand:

Andy and Brodie got some arctic dots, which are like the dipping dots that you get at Universal. They forgot to take a photo, so here's one of the flavours I found online. The prices are more expensive now, and you can get a small tub for a snack credit. Brodie had cookies and cream, and Andy had brownie batter:

For lunch we split up with Izzy and Brodie going to Centertown, and Andy an I going to Spyglass Grill. Unfortunately, they only offer the braised beef stew at dinner, so for lunch they both had burgers. Izzy's is the one with the red onions and all the mayonnaise for her fries

BREAKING NEWS! You can swap your drink for a snack at Spyglass Grill! I still haven't asked at Centertown as we always seem to get the same cast member who can barely understand a basic order, let alone anything more complicated!

Andy had the chorizo burger and a Mickey ice cream sandwich: Grilled 6 oz Chorizo Burger topped with Crispy Pork, Provolone Cheese, a Pink Sauce and Crisp Potato Straws nested on Iceburg Lettuce and Tomato in a Brioche Bun served with a side of Onion, Pickle and Plantain and Yuca Chips

He said this was delicious! His exact words after his first mouthful were 'oh man!' It was tender, full of flavour with a hint of spice from the chorizo. The plantain and yucca crisps were fresh and crispy. He would have liked them to be a bit more salted, but there were salt sachets that he could have used.

I had Caribbean taco trio and a Mickey ice cream sandwich. The tacos come with a choice of fillings including pulled pork, shredded beef, jerk chicken, black beans and spiced fish. I chose the jerk chicken:
Choice of three Tacos topped with Pickled Vegetable Slaw, Cilantro Lime Crema, Cotija Cheese and side Pico de Gallo served with Plantain and Yuca Chips

These were fresh and tasty. The pico de gallo had a good kick, and I also added some mayonnaise to them to add a bit more sauce. I also enjoyed the plantain and yucca chips, and mine were salted enough for my taste.

The Mickey ice cream sandwiches were enjoyed too.

The food was freshly cooked and tasty. We'll definitely eat here again!

Dinner was from Centertown, but we got it to take away.
Izzy had her usual braised beef with rice, black beans and green beans:

Brodie had his second burger of the day *sigh*

Andy and I shared the Cheesesteak with fries, which is a plant based option: Griddled Seitan, Cheese Sauce with Peppers and Onions melted between French Bread and served with a choice of Plantain and Yuca Chips, French Fries, or fresh Fruit.

This is huge - probably the equivalent of two burgers. It was really tasty, with a mild hint of spice and the cheese, peppers and onions really made it.
I also used a snack credit to pick up a tub of Halo ice cream. It's about the size of a Hagen Daaz tub, but is dairy free as it's made with coconut milk. They had 3 flavours available: vanilla, birthday cake and chocolate chip cookie dough. We got that one and Brodie, Andy and I shared it.
Andy though it tasted like Playdoh, but Brodie and I thought it just tasted like ice cream. I do wonder about Andy's taste buds sometimes

That's it for today. Tomorrow's plans include relaxing by the pool at CBR for the day, then AK for the evening with dinner at Satu'li

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 06:57 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh no poor Izzy! I've always said about Typhoon Lagoon floor being dangerous. I remember when I went in 2003 I scrapped all the top of my foot I made she the kids wore swimming shoes when we went because I didn't want any accidents. Sometimes scrapes are worse than cuts too.

Such a shame it impacted on the rest of the day but it looks like teh food made up for it. Very strange how Spyglass Grill will swap but Centretown won't! Hopefully the cast members has a few days off soon so you can get swapping Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Ouch poor Izzy.

Your tacos meal looks a good choice. Glad you've managed to swap your drinks at last.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List