Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Nov 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Orlando Magic at the Amway Centre?

Hi all

Has anyone ever watched the basketball at the Amway Centre? Is it best to buy tickets via Ticketmaster before we go?

And is it far from Universal? We will be staying at RPR - presume you can just grab an Uber there?

Thanks in advance!
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes get your tickets in advance.

It's 10 miles north of Universal. Give yourself plenty time to get there as traffic is bad up that way due to road works.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Yes, good night out - just do it! Tickets are readily available from Ticketmaster (links from both the Magic and Amway Center web sites). Also from the ticket office on the day.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We did this a couple of weeks ago. It was great.
We got our tickets in advance. Download the app and they go on your phone.
We went from universal. The drive was not great as the roadworks are horrendous , so yes, leave plenty of time.
Also, we wanted to eat in the centre as something for the kids to experience, but if I went back I wouldn’t eat there again it was really expensive. We have ate at basketball and baseball before and I think this was far more expensive.
But on the whole a really great experience.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Serious Dibber

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My recommendation would be to also try to buy a car park ticket close to the arena in advance. We did it for a pre-season game a couple of years ago and it really helped. Last time we went we got an uber instead and whilst it was great on the way there (although it ended up going a very roundabout way because of I4 jams), it took us AGES to get one for the way back from outside the stadium. The Amway itself is great and there are lots of food/drink options although i agree they are not cheap. Also the non-playing entertainment/half time stuff was v good -things like kiss-cam in the crowd and also celeb-cam - Bubba Watson was there on one of our visits.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Is Ticketmaster the bless place to buy these from?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Thanks everyone!

We won't have a car so will be stuck with Uber I think!
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Hi all

Has anyone ever watched the basketball at the Amway Centre? Is it best to buy tickets via Ticketmaster before we go?

And is it far from Universal? We will be staying at RPR - presume you can just grab an Uber there?

Thanks in advance!
I tend to get my tickets from their website via ticketmaster. Tend to get them the day before the game, sometimes on the day if a last minute decision as never sell out and often get the tickets cheaper. Great event - always a lot of fun. Easy by car or by Uber really - roadworks aside! Enjoy

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We went last month and got our tickets a lot cheaper from Orlando Attractions before we left the UK. We got club level which were great seats with a separate bar so limited waits for drinks/snacks which was great.

We also went from universal (Cabana Bay) and it was under $20 in an Uber each way, I think it was closer to $15.

Great experience!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

We always look on ticketmaster or stubhub for tickets.

There’s a nice mexican restaurant that we usually eat at when watching a game. Pepe's Cantina Church Street

We really like the food and pre-game atmosphere in there.

I wouldn’t get food at the game personally, it’s quite expensive and you have the queue up for it.

They do a refillable cup for soda - we always get one of those. It’s such a good deal and it’s a little souvenir too

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List