Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
Wait for your new card to come through and take the item back with your new card. They will refund it in to that for you. its still a debenhams account, therefore it shouldn't be an issue. Just tell the assistant that the old card is no longer valid due to fraudulent transactions. She will be fine with that. 😊
Thank you, it's not actually a debenhams card it's a tesco one but I will wait until my new card arrives and explain the issue. I might even take my old card as well. On the plus side I as please at how quickly the fraudulent activity was spotted and dealt with. A few years ago they stopped the card as someone had tried to spend the equivalent 99p in the USA.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Thank you, it's not actually a debenhams card it's a tesco one but I will wait until my new card arrives and explain the issue. I might even take my old card as well. On the plus side I as please at how quickly the fraudulent activity was spotted and dealt with. A few years ago they stopped the card as someone had tried to spend the equivalent 99p in the USA.
I would think your old card more appropriate as the cashier will be looking at your receipt and ask to see the card ending with the same 4 digits.

As said above, your cc issuer should auto transfer the refund onto your new card.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I had exactly the same issue in Debenhams, the card had expired and I had closed the account, they just refunded onto another credit card.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
I had exactly the same issue in Debenhams, the card had expired and I had closed the account, they just refunded onto another credit card.
That's good to know. I hope that is what they will do with me. Unfortunately I will not get my new card until next week sometime.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
That's how they test the card, small purchases first then massive amounts once it's clear they can get away with it
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Thank you everyone, I took the dresses back last week. The assistant asked to see my old card then put the refund on my new one. Good job I waited before I cut my old card up.