Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickimiz View Post
I feel as though I'm a bit behind, we only visited our last uni on the weekend and she's decided she would love to go there - so I assume next step is personal statement/applying - are we leaving it late ?
My daughter hasn’t applied yet. She likes bits at each of her shortlist so is still deciding on the 5 to apply for. Aiming to submit her application by end of this month. Which universities is your daughter applying to?
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My son has a conditional offer from Nottingham - waiting for it to track to see what it is!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

DD has just got an interview invite for Surrey which she is very happy about. So that's her first 2 choices now with interviews booked, the other being Liverpool. Nottingham have emailed to say it will be a while before they offer interviews and Bristol don't interview as it was all done online. It's getting real now.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

Really like roehampton, also applying to Salford, but heart is set on the first one, so fingers crossed
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

DD has interviews at Liverpool and Leeds. Wants to do joint hons in Drama and English. Keeping fingers crossed as these 2 were her favourites
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DD had interview at Chester Uni today and said it went well, got one at Manchester Met on 4 Dec, all very real now.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

So in the week since ds submitted his form he has had an offer from Nottingham and interviews for York, Leeds and Loughborough. Only one more to hear from.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

DD only had 3 choices so really keeping fingers crossed now that her 2 favourites offer after interview. Her third choice was just chosen as it was ‘ok’ and tutor said she had to have a minimum of 3 for her form...
I still can’t get my head around the fact she may be living away from home. Now I know what my mum felt like 30 years ago. At least we’ve got technology to keep in touch. I had to queue at the phone box 😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Well, I'm a bit annoyed at DD's school. Although DD submitted her UCAS form 3 weeks ago, it seems the school still has it and hasn't passed it on to UCAS yet. It might be that one particular teacher - one of her Biology teachers - has had the form for a couple of weeks without doing anything with it. DD is going to see this teacher today and politely ask her to move it on.

And the school kept going on about the "early bird getting the worm" and how it's beneficial to submit early. Hmm...

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
I still can’t get my head around the fact she may be living away from home. Now I know what my mum felt like 30 years ago. At least we’ve got technology to keep in touch. I had to queue at the phone box 😀
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's scary to think that DD won't be around the house much after September next year. I worry about her when she's away just for a day; it'll feel weird not to see her for weeks at a time.

My DD has also just booked a cheap holiday to Spain with her friends in July next year. It'll be the first time she's been on holiday without us, not including school trips. Again, it feels... weird and daunting.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

^^. For some schools they just seem to have one tutor doing it. My DD submitted hers in Nov and the Scholl after much nagging sent it off an hour before the closing time. No joke. My DD was distraught and I was tamping.

Hope your DDS is sorted promptly for her
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List