Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
Stayed at the Mirage twice and loved it, Stayed at the Treasure Island when it was the sister to the Mirage and liked that but not as much and since they sold it off it's gone down hill.

Was going to stay at the Mirage this November but got a really good deal at the Encore with no resort fees or parking fees and $200 room credit to spend.
Thanks for replying. Have just looked at Encore and that looks beautiful too - decisions, decisions! Maybe I'll just stick a pin in a list! Or maybe I should make DH pick instead of his usual "I really don't mind, you choose" comment.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

The Mirage is a lovely hotel. Nothing really special but clean and great location. Are you wanting value for money, or a real treat. If you are wanting to spend more, can offer lots of suggestions. If you book a refundable deposit you can always cancel as we have done.

Edited at 09:34 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
The Mirage is a lovely hotel. Nothing really special but clean and great location. Are you wanting value for money, or a real treat. If you are wanting to spend more, can offer lots of suggestions. If you book a refundable deposit you can always cancel as we have done.
Thanks JoS. I'm now trying to decide if I want luxury or more money to spend when we are there. I think I am going more towards money when we are there so I think the Mirage will fit the bill for that. Its a nice dilemma to have isn't it? And I haven't even started on what shows to watch etc, but that's a whole other thread!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Thanks JoS. I'm now trying to decide if I want luxury or more money to spend when we are there. I think I am going more towards money when we are there so I think the Mirage will fit the bill for that. Its a nice dilemma to have isn't it? And I haven't even started on what shows to watch etc, but that's a whole other thread!
Have posted a couple of pics of our room at Mirage. Not all glitzy and glam but it was very clean,and comfy bed which is very important to me. Pools are really nice. I think staff were the nicest I have ever encountered in a hotel before and went out of their way to be helpful. You will find better hotels but the price will be better as well The hotel had a nice feel to it as well.
We saw Ka at MGM which we enjoyed. Not seen any other shows as such apart from Celine Dion and Cher.
As a middle of the road hotel, if you can get a reasonable price its nice. Have you signed up for Mlife rewards? You can book your stay on there website, with free cancellation and just one nights deposit and cancel any time up to 72 hrs before you go. We did that with Monte Carlo and about 6 weeks before we went the price dropped quite a bit so I cancelled and re booked.
I am a great Expedia, and Travel Republic fan as well.

Edited at 10:44 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Saw Love in the Mirage which was awesome. The Buffet, Cravings was extremely good as well.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the pictures. It looks fine to me. A comfy bed is what is important to me too and the location.
Old 23 May 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
Saw Love in the Mirage which was awesome. The Buffet, Cravings was extremely good as well.
I quite fancy Love as well although DH isn't as keen. However, he really enjoyed la Nouba in Florida so I think I can convince him.
Old 23 May 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I like the Beatles but the Stones are my heroes. I was under the assumption that Love would be just the lovey dovey slow soppy Beatles tunes. Fortunately it's not. It is amazing. So much so that as they have revamped it a bit we are going again.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

FINALLY MADE A DECISION

Hi lovely dibbers. So, after having made up my mind that it was going to be the Mirage flying with Virgin from Gatwick, we popped into Thomas Cook this morning and came out half an hour later having booked the Bellagio, flying from Manchester with Thomas Cook! It's not quite as mad as it seems. Although Gatwick is our preferred airport,Manchester is easier for us this trip as DD is staying with my parents who live about 40 minutes from Manchester. When I was first looking at flights with Virgin, it was about £300 more to fly from Manchester which is why I dismissed it. I didn't realise we could fly direct with Thomas Cook. As for the Bellagio I don't know whether it was on offer, but it was actually cheaper than the Mirage, so it was no contest really.

So we are flying out on Sunday 15th October at 9.15 from Manchester and staying for six nights in a standard double room (the cheapest!). We will be there for my 50th birthday and I am beyond excited.
Before then, though, we have a trip to Zante in a trip to DLP to look forward to. I think I might need to buy some new suitcases!

That is for all your help. I'm sure I'll be back asking lots more questions before we go!
Old 27 May 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You can sometimes get lucky with hotels as you have . A few years back I looked a few weeks before I went and the Venetian was cheaper than what I paid for the flamingo .

And once I got the PH for a excellent price something like £40 night for the 4 of us .

So well done for snapping it up , it'll be here before you know it
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List