Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 09, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all the info everyone.

I am finding the California planning mind boggling as I've been so used to knowing exactly what we want to do when booking the Florida holidays!

To date the basic plan is: San Francisco, LA and San Diego.

We were originally thinking of adding a few days in New York to either the beginning or the end of the holiday but we're not sure now. What do you think? Any advice would be welcomed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 09, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by summertime85 View Post

We were originally thinking of adding a few days in New York to either the beginning or the end of the holiday but we're not sure now. What do you think? Any advice would be welcomed.
This is just my opinion, but we tagged a few day in NY on after a trip to WDW a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get into NY as it's so different. However you're probably competely different to me, and it would be obviously easier if you've been before.

the other thing that occurs to me is it could be extremely hot in July/Aug and, again personally, I don't think NY would be enjoyable in the heat. Mind you, some friends of ours went backend of last year and didn't enjoy it as it was too cold to walk around.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 09, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
This is just my opinion, but we tagged a few day in NY on after a trip to WDW a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get into NY as it's so different. However you're probably competely different to me, and it would be obviously easier if you've been before.

the other thing that occurs to me is it could be extremely hot in July/Aug and, again personally, I don't think NY would be enjoyable in the heat. Mind you, some friends of ours went backend of last year and didn't enjoy it as it was too cold to walk around.
Great advice. I think New York will be a little too hot for site seeing in Jul/Aug. Thank you, my mind is now made up and we'll leave NY for another trip.
Old 6 Apr 09, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
huneybunny17
Very Serious Dibber

thanks for asking this question all the answers are great and I'm going to save this thread for when I'm planning a trip that way.
xx
huneybunny17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We're off in October...

So far we have planned...

Flight to LUX then drive to San Diego (3 nights... Sea World, DS Zoo and USS Midway)

Drive from SD to Anahiem (staying in Fullerton... 6 nights.. Disney parks, Universal, LA etc)

Drive from Anaheim to Pismo Beach (1 night)

Drive from Pismo Beach to Monetery (3 nights... Whale watching... 18 mile drive , aquarium etc)

From Monterey to Yosemite (2 nights)

From Yosemite to San Francisco (2 nights Alcatraz, ride across the bridge etc)

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
As you know we are going in July.I have just changed our itinerary to 7 nights Anaheim , drive to San Diego for 5 nights then drive to Las Vegas for 4 nights. I now think I should have split the Anaheim into 3 nights there and 4 nights LA as it seems a long drive to get to LA , Santa Monica and Hollywood Universal so many times.I am a bit worried I have messed that bit up now
Old 8 Apr 09, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by carys View Post
As you know we are going in July.I have just changed our itinerary to 7 nights Anaheim , drive to San Diego for 5 nights then drive to Las Vegas for 4 nights. I now think I should have split the Anaheim into 3 nights there and 4 nights LA as it seems a long drive to get to LA , Santa Monica and Hollywood Universal so many times.I am a bit worried I have messed that bit up now
We're staying in Aneheim too for 7 nights. I've been told that as long as we set off before 7am or after 9pm in the morning to get to Hollywood area then it will be fine, coming back, you need to leave before 3 or after 7pm.

We'll be going up to the LA area at least 3 times out of our 7 days. Can't you change the accomodation? If it's a package with VH, if you add value to the booking they don't normally charge for the changes
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
I could and am thinking of it tbh but have booked through a friend and I think she is getting fed up with me lol
Old 10 Apr 09, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Harry View Post
We're off in October...

So far we have planned...

Flight to LUX then drive to San Diego (3 nights... Sea World, DS Zoo and USS Midway)

Drive from SD to Anahiem (staying in Fullerton... 6 nights.. Disney parks, Universal, LA etc)

Drive from Anaheim to Pismo Beach (1 night)

Drive from Pismo Beach to Monetery (3 nights... Whale watching... 18 mile drive , aquarium etc)

From Monterey to Yosemite (2 nights)

From Yosemite to San Francisco (2 nights Alcatraz, ride across the bridge etc)
Itinerary sounds brilliant Harry. We're going to add Yosemite to our list too and I'll take a look at Pismo Beach and Monetery. Do you recommend any particular websites or shall I just do a general search?
Old 10 Apr 09, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carys View Post
I could and am thinking of it tbh but have booked through a friend and I think she is getting fed up with me lol
I've read a few of your posts today Carys and I really feel for you with the TA situation. I know you don't want to upset your friend but at the end of the day you're spending alot of money on what should be a fantastic holiday. You're well within your right to ask for as many changes as you feel necessary. I know it must be a really awkward situation but you don't want to come home after your holiday and regret anything. Surely your friend understands this? Good luck Hun. xx

Edited at 02:33 PM. Reason: sp
Closed Thread