Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 09, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Here's a link to our day at Knotts. To be honest I don't think I did the park justice. There were other things that I didn't mention like a Steam train ride and another circling the park of a pony express type - with real ponies (lol - sounds daft!)

Here's a link to the day we went:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=236299

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 09, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
Here's a link to our day at Knotts. To be honest I don't think I did the park justice. There were other things that I didn't mention like a Steam train ride and another circling the park of a pony express type - with real ponies (lol - sounds daft!)

Here's a link to the day we went:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=236299
That looks a great day out .I can't help but be put off by the fact it all seems to be rollercoasters and extreme rides and as a family I really don't think we would do that justice as there is only dh and ds that would do them.And tbh dh doesn't love them he only does them for our son.
Old 24 May 09, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
Can't help with the accomodation as we haven't been to LA yet But don't you think it is really exciting going in to the unknown? I was starting to get a wee bit bored going to Florida ( and I've only been 3 times ) becasue it was becoming 'easy' we knew where everything was etc... I'm looking on this new trip as a big adventure into the unkown... we all survived our first trips to Florida didn't we?
You are right Myra but at least with Florida everything is within the vicinity of where you are staying iyswim ? This one almost takes more planning as it is so spread out.But yes I am excited but nervous at the same time.
Old 24 May 09, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by carys View Post
You are right Myra but at least with Florida everything is within the vicinity of where you are staying iyswim ? This one almost takes more planning as it is so spread out.But yes I am excited but nervous at the same time.
Yes California definitely takes more planning, you should have seen the size of the folder I had for our California trip 2 years ago, lol, I've never had a WDW one that thick!

As Myra says, it makes it exciting as it's all new, and I did feel a bit like you do before our first California trip, but now we've been there I definitely want to go back. We didn't go to San Diego last time, and that's really appealing to me, and already I have a folder, lol, as the post-it notes were taking over my desk, so it does take more planning but definitely worth it!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 09, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I agree it takes more planning - a LOT more - I am becoming slightly obsessed ! lol. I think with Orlando you know what is there and its mainly theme parks which you can just go to for the day and be entertained, but with a west coast trip , you probably aren;t doing quite as many theme parks as in orlando ( we are only doing US), so its reserching and booking all the smaller individual things to entertain you - eg shows, alcatraz, baseball games, hearst castle , bus tours etc etc. I love the planning tho!
Old 24 May 09, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
I have a passporter and a Vegas book but can't get into them at all I honestly don't know where to start ! I figure I have an 11hour plane journey to read them lol
Old 24 May 09, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I have a passporter and a Vegas book but can't get into them at all I honestly don't know where to start ! I figure I have an 11hour plane journey to read them lol
what is a passporter carys?
Old 24 May 09, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
It is a planner /book that has space for tickets etc and for you to make notes and keep a diary.They sell them on Amazon I will look for a link brb
Old 24 May 09, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
It really is worth the extra effort, the trip goes much more smoothly if you have an itinerary, you don't need to stick to it like glue, but to know what you're doing each day saves an awful lot of time wasted with everyone umming and ahhing.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 09, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
I know Mazzy but I am so tired I can't find the momentum lol