Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 09, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
I can't get over how close the airport is to the hotels. This is from our hotel:-
Hi Michelle,

You have the view my Brother and SIL had, Neil and I overlooked New York New York, TBH I enjoyed sitting in their room just watching the mountains and the planes taking off and landing...it is such a surreal place I didn't want to sleep as i didn't want to miss a thing! I thought i would go back but maybe when the kids are a lot older (they are 9+5 now) but TBH might persuade DH to take our road trip sooner...

Edited at 01:54 PM.
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracyh View Post
This is a good tip, I didn't realise that there were seperate car pool lanes. I will keep this in mind.

Now go and take more photos for us!
There are loads of them in LA - and they (generally) will save you time. Sometimes lots of time.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
We're in 22.104 It's really nice here

And...

That's really quite freaky. We had EXACTLY that view last year - but ours was a regular West Wing Room. Just checking with everyone, and we were in 22.112! That's four doors from you, I reckon! The Bungalow Suite we had in July this year was great (but was on the 4th floor, looking out at NYNY/Excalibur etc)- they're very big (about the same size as a standard Palazzo suite, for instance) and (with your view) an excellent deal!

I must say, we always stop off at Barstow in between LA & Vegas - just to stretch and get something to drink/eat. If you're going back, try that?

How did you find the layout of the MGM? Once I realised the focal point was the lobby, I just envisioned everything from there, and it was easy.

So many questions... have a great time, Michelle!
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

Have a lovely holiday Michelle, sounds like it's got off to a good start!

I know what you mean about the drive from LA to LV, we did it in reverse and there's only so much desert you can take on one journey!

Have fun!
sage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh have fun Michelle, lovely photos

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Michelle, good to hear from you and nice to hear you like the MGM Grand as we have just booked for next year xx
check in again soon x
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

It sounds and looks like you are having a great time

I know what you mean about that drive - so boring, but so worth it when you arrive in Vegas
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 09, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
swv
Apprentice Imagineer

Thats the view we had in July ,room 24 234 in the grand tower, loved sitting watching the planes come and go. We loved the pool and the lazy river, ok not as long as Typhoon Lagoon (love that lazy river) but just as nice,it was sooooooo hot when we were there. Try and get some pool time as its the only time you will have to just chill as there is so much to see and do in Vegas.
Look forward to your TR. Have a great time.
Old 29 Aug 09, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
And...

That's really quite freaky. We had EXACTLY that view last year - but ours was a regular West Wing Room. Just checking with everyone, and we were in 22.112! That's four doors from you, I reckon! The Bungalow Suite we had in July this year was great (but was on the 4th floor, looking out at NYNY/Excalibur etc)- they're very big (about the same size as a standard Palazzo suite, for instance) and (with your view) an excellent deal!

I must say, we always stop off at Barstow in between LA & Vegas - just to stretch and get something to drink/eat. If you're going back, try that?

How did you find the layout of the MGM? Once I realised the focal point was the lobby, I just envisioned everything from there, and it was easy.

So many questions... have a great time, Michelle!
That view is actually from waiting for the elevator The view from our room is on the first page.

Ok if we come back, which no doubt we will, I think I would probably fly into LAS and fly over to LA with Virgin America or something like that.

We're still here at the MGM I can't fault the hotel and after looking at some others we still are pleased we chose this one The layout is fine, it does take some time to get your bearings.

Still have not been to the pool yet though.

It's the weekend and it is jumping!

Ask as many questions as you like

Originally Posted by sage View Post
Have a lovely holiday Michelle, sounds like it's got off to a good start!

I know what you mean about the drive from LA to LV, we did it in reverse and there's only so much desert you can take on one journey!

Have fun!
We have it all to do again on Tuesday as we are back over to LA then

Originally Posted by ambersmom View Post
Oh have fun Michelle, lovely photos
Thanks Fiona we are
Originally Posted by riverdancefan View Post
Michelle, good to hear from you and nice to hear you like the MGM Grand as we have just booked for next year xx
check in again soon x
Checking in I really like this place, I hope you do too.
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
It sounds and looks like you are having a great time

I know what you mean about that drive - so boring, but so worth it when you arrive in Vegas
We are Jools, we are
Originally Posted by swv View Post
Thats the view we had in July ,room 24 234 in the grand tower, loved sitting watching the planes come and go. We loved the pool and the lazy river, ok not as long as Typhoon Lagoon (love that lazy river) but just as nice,it was sooooooo hot when we were there. Try and get some pool time as its the only time you will have to just chill as there is so much to see and do in Vegas.
Look forward to your TR. Have a great time.
We will try and get to the pool, but have so much other things to do. Plus it's the weekend and there are lots of loud people here and I can just imagine them at the pool! Not my idea of a relaxing day by the pool

I think we are off exploring the hotels today.

We went to the Grand Canyon yesterday and were just in awe of it.
Old 29 Aug 09, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Sounds like you are having a good time Michelle, the Canyon is amazing isn't it, so much to see and do in Vegas plus just soaking in the strip in itself is an experience
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread