Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 10, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Is the Luxor pretty central on the strip?

Like the idea of staying here and prices seem good, reviews not so great.

Just wondering if this is pretty central to everything?

Rachel
x
Old 4 Mar 10, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It is a great hotel and within walking distance of all the major Hotels and attractions on the strip, but it is located at the south of the strip. It has Excalibur, MGM and Mandalay Bay as neighbours
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jan2794
Imagineer

its at one end of strip. we felt all the goings on were down the other end. beautiful hotel thouhg as we stayed there two years ago
jan2794 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Thank you. Can i ask which hotels are central?
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
it at a good location on the strip with plenty to do but its at the other end from stratosphere which i thinks a must for the highest rollercoaster in the world. and i hate rollercoasters but just had to do it when i was there
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
This is a wee map of the hotels on the strip, it gives you a good idea of what is where... there are buses run up and down the length of the strip, we went from south to north ( Stratosphere ) on the bus and then wandered back down...it is walkable! There is also a monorail - it wasn't there when I went so not sure where it stops etc.
This time we are staying at Imperial palace which isn't as 'nice' as Luxor but is more central.
There is lots to see and do no matter where on the strip you stay
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
This is a wee map of the hotels on the strip, it gives you a good idea of what is where... there are buses run up and down the length of the strip, we went from south to north ( Stratosphere ) on the bus and then wandered back down...it is walkable! There is also a monorail - it wasn't there when I went so not sure where it stops etc.
This time we are staying at Imperial palace which isn't as 'nice' as Luxor but is more central.
There is lots to see and do no matter where on the strip you stay
Thank you for that. Did you prefer been more central by staying at the Imperial Palace or do you wish you had stayed in the Luxor?
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
I'll let you know in October when I get back
One word of warning when staying at Luxor... when we were heading out onto the street we always took the walkway that took you through part of Excalibur... and right passed the Krispy Kremes shop... all those gorgeous doughnuts running along the conveyor belt *drool*
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
I'll let you know in October when I get back
One word of warning when staying at Luxor... when we were heading out onto the street we always took the walkway that took you through part of Excalibur... and right passed the Krispy Kremes shop... all those gorgeous doughnuts running along the conveyor belt *drool*
Oh noo thats so evil! I love Krispy Kremes!

Didn't read your previous post properly sorry thought you had already been. Really want to book the right hotel but don't want to spend a fortune. 4 nights in June this year is less than £200 which is great, lets hope prices stay same for next x
Old 4 Mar 10, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

We stayed in The Mirage last september and loved it, location was good, rooms were lovely no complaints at all actually and we only payed around $240 total for 4 nights
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread