Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 12, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Found this article on Theme Park Insider, which I think explains the pros and cons fairly well - the guy also said "I do not recommend Platinum even if you have the money simply because you will be booed at every ride when you get to go a second time and take up someone's seat... ". Maybe something to bear in mind!:

For lightest days, it depends on what time of year you are visiting. If you are able to do so, visiting on a Sunday in the off-season usually results in short lines (20 minutes max) and minimal crowds. However, the downside is that a number of coasters may operate only one train due to maintenance schedules.

In the summer, visit on a weekday when no special events are going on, but be prepared for lines. Though not everything will have a long line, X2, Tatsu, Goliath, Apocalypse, and sometimes Riddler's all peak at an hour or more most days during the summer.

When you rent a Flash Pass, you will be given a Q-bot for your party. It is good for 1-6 people, but the number of people must be specified at the time of rental. Using the Q-bot, you can select any valid ride in the park to line up for, and the device will give you a return time. Once you reach that time, go to the Flash Pass entrance of the ride, where an employee will scan your Q-bot and admit your party. Once you are in the boarding station, you may select another ride to line up for. There is no restriction on the number of rides you use it on, but you can only queue up for one ride at a time.

A couple other notes about Flash Pass: First, there are multiple levels, Regular, Gold, and Platinum.

On a Regular Flash Pass, you will wait the same amount of time as the line length, but you can do other rides while you are waiting. This is the cheapest option, beginning at $45.

Gold works the same way, but your wait time is reduced to 10-25 % of the actual line length (varies depending on the ride). This version starts at $70.

Finally, Platinum offers the same wait time reduction as Gold, but allows you to ride twice in a row (same seat only). This is the most expensive option, at $105 for one person.

Secondly, while Flash Pass includes most of the park's coasters, it DOES NOT include Green Lantern: First Flight or X2. If you purchase a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass, you may add these rides, but it is $15 per rider per reservation. I believe a Platinum pass is required for Green Lantern, but I could be wrong.

Finally, note that the prices I stated above are not per person. Those are the base prices. Each additional person increases the total price, but the more people you have the cheaper it is per person. There is a sign outside the Flash Pass office detailing this.

Whether or not you should get the Flash Pass on your visit is up to you, but here is what I would recommend: If you want to ride X2 or Green Lantern, do those first, then check the lines in the park. If they are long enough, go get a Flash Pass. It is usually possible to do everything on a summer weekday without one, although re-rides will be limited. If you are visiting on a summer weekend, it would probably be a good idea. Finally, I'd recommend to get the Regular on a weekday, or Gold on a weekend, although the choice is up to you and depends how much and how frequently you want to ride.

With Regular, you can ride the rides with shorter lines while waiting for the major attractions, while with Gold it will often be time to ride by the time you have crossed the park.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your visit. If you like roller coasters, SFMM has the best collection out of anywhere I've been (even better than Cedar Point).
[/I]

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think I'll be sticking to my gold! I'm gonna pay the extra for x2 as well, that just looks awesome.
jontybfc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jontybfc View Post
I think I'll be sticking to my gold! I'm gonna pay the extra for x2 as well, that just looks awesome.
Think I may join you in a Gold...

Not sure I really like the thought of doing two full on rides back to back anyway... and if you are being booed by those in the queue at the same time... ! I'm just recalling how sick I felt when getting off Hulk for the first time. Can't imagine wanting to stay in the seat and ride again... !
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mickiengland View Post
Think I may join you in a Gold...

Not sure I really like the thought of doing two full on rides back to back anyway... and if you are being booed by those in the queue at the same time... ! I'm just recalling how sick I felt when getting off Hulk for the first time. Can't imagine wanting to stay in the seat and ride again... !
Just had a look at the website again, The Green Lantern is right at the back of the park, hope you can get the flash passes before the park actually opens. Sounds like that will be the only one we have to queue for.
jontybfc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 12, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Just had a look at the website again, The Green Lantern is right at the back of the park, hope you can get the flash passes before the park actually opens. Sounds like that will be the only one we have to queue for.
Or head straight over to Green Lantern and then come back for your Flash Passes later... ?
Old 27 Mar 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mickiengland View Post
Or head straight over to Green Lantern and then come back for your Flash Passes later... ?
Can't believe I didn't think that!
Old 27 Mar 12, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

X2 and the newer rides aren't always available on flash pass so you should check that out when you get into the park. We were there mid-week at the end of May and the flash pass queue for X2 was closed. Most of the park was quiet but X2 was crazy - at 10am the queue was over 2 hours because they were running with one car!
Old 28 Mar 12, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
RedFox
Excited about Disney

This park has become a right pain for me. I finally decided that the Gold FP's were the ones we'd go for, but their rubbish website keeps letting me down. The first time I tried to purchase tickets, I couldn't as the address didn't match my CC bill exactly, apparently :angry:

I tried again a couple of days ago with a different CC, but the same happened again. I then tried once again the next day but the site crashed before I even got to that stage. I'm fed up with it now and as we're off tonight, we'll have to buy tickets at the park, which unfortunately are considerably more expensive. The only other option is to hope that the Coca Cola offer is running whilst we're there.

I would just forget about this place altogether, if it weren't for the great looking coasters it has
October '02 - Hampton Lakes Villa October '04 - Quality Inn I-Drive October '06 - Virgin Villa @ Hampton lakes October '08 - Virgin Villa @ Davenport Lake August '14 - Dibb Villa @ Highlands Reserve May '19 - Disney Beach Club - no kids! September '22 - High Grove Villas
RedFox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 12, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
This park has become a right pain for me. I finally decided that the Gold FP's were the ones we'd go for, but their rubbish website keeps letting me down. The first time I tried to purchase tickets, I couldn't as the address didn't match my CC bill exactly, apparently :angry:

I tried again a couple of days ago with a different CC, but the same happened again. I then tried once again the next day but the site crashed before I even got to that stage. I'm fed up with it now and as we're off tonight, we'll have to buy tickets at the park, which unfortunately are considerably more expensive. The only other option is to hope that the Coca Cola offer is running whilst we're there.

I would just forget about this place altogether, if it weren't for the great looking coasters it has
I read somewhere that the Coca Cola offer is ALWAYS running... Would also be worth looking out for vouchers?

And they do give "gate" discounts if you are an AA member. If that also applies to the Gold pass then you may find it doesn't work out any more expensive than if you had got them in advance. It may also be worth paying a visit to the local AAA office to where you are staying as they may be able to offer whatever is the "local" deal...

One thing... have a great time and PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON!
Old 28 Mar 12, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
RedFox
Excited about Disney

Cheers mate

I'll give the AAA a try,

will definitely let you know how I get on,

just checked in online now so all ready to go
October '02 - Hampton Lakes Villa October '04 - Quality Inn I-Drive October '06 - Virgin Villa @ Hampton lakes October '08 - Virgin Villa @ Davenport Lake August '14 - Dibb Villa @ Highlands Reserve May '19 - Disney Beach Club - no kids! September '22 - High Grove Villas
RedFox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread