Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 May 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Value WDW hotel with BEST shuttle

Looking at pros and cons of WDW and Universal accommodation with no car and on a budget.
Universal is coming in half the price for a suite and the feedback on shuttles is excellent. Fridge and microwave handy but will have to pay for all food and Ubers to Disney probably 6 times.
Disney alot more expensive but if we get the free dining plan it would probably cover most of our food needs. Then only maybe 3 Ubers to Universal. However most reviews don't rate Disney transport that great. Too many people not enough buses. Really torn. Stayed off site on I drive 3 times with 'free' shuttles but timings were hideous and pick up like a cattle market.
Any suggestions please. Which is the best of the value resorts and is it really worth paying Disney prices?
Just another thought. Do the value resorts qualify for free dining? If not WDW might be rules out anyway. Can't afford accommodation and dining on top. 🙄

Edited at 06:05 PM.
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don’t know about the best transport but I would think it’s much the same across the value hotels. We hire a car so don’t use Disney buses.

Value resorts qualify for a free breakfast which is essentially a quick service credit you can use at any quick service restaurant for any meal. For a dining plan that covers all meals you’d need to upgrade to a moderate resort.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Weve been to all the value best bus service was at all stars but you do only get the free breakfast
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Weve been to all the value best bus service was at all stars but you do only get the free breakfast
Which All Stars?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive stayed at all of them and preffered the movies
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Best transport is definitely all stars. As they're right next to each other you can get on any of their buses back from the park and just walk through. Music is in the middle so best for this reason!
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Weve stayed at All Stars and Pop. Loved Pop bit have to say the All Stars has the better bus service. 3 resorts all in a line so you can jump on any of the buses and easily walk to whichever resort you are staying at. We're back at Music this summer can't wait.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Pop will also have the Skyliner later this year.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Weve stayed at All Stars and Pop. Loved Pop bit have to say the All Stars has the better bus service. 3 resorts all in a line so you can jump on any of the buses and easily walk to whichever resort you are staying at. We're back at Music this summer can't wait.
We have just booked music for October a great deal from TUI. not stayed in a Disney resort for over 10 years so we are very excited , anything we need to know about the resort?
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've stayed at Pop, AoA, and ASMovies (admittedly ASMovies was only for a night though!).

Personally I think Pop and AoA were better than the All Stars, and I've generally been happy with the bus service at Pop. The buses are fairly frequent, I don't remember ever having had to wait too long for a bus, and at peak times they do have more buses running. The vast majority of the time, Pop has its own dedicated bus service, though very occasionally at weird hours Pop and AoA might share buses (I've only encountered this after park closing though!). Another advantage of Pop/AoA is that they are right next to each other, and their bus stops at the parks/DS are right next to each other - so sometimes if I'm at the parks/DS and I just missed a Pop bus, I might get on the AoA bus and then walk back to Pop from AoA.

All Stars - I had a bit more issue with their bus service, and they were sharing buses in the middle of the day, which made it a bit of a longer journey to get to/from the parks. At peak times I don't think they share buses though which makes it better.

Anyway, no complaints about Disney bus transport, I've generally been very impressed by it and it's great that it runs throughout the day. In fact I once asked one of the CMs what time the bus service from the parks back to the Disney resorts end, and was told that it keeps running "until the parks are clear" - essentially you could stay out as late as you want at a park (within reason) and they will get you back to your Disney resort by Disney transport!

One more factor that you might want to consider are the room refurbs - Pop has been newly refurbed and the rooms are really nice and bright now. ASMovies is in the middle of a refurb and the other All Stars are up for refurb. AoA hasn't been refurbed since it was built. The refurbed rooms do make a difference for me as there is in my opinion a huge gulf in comfort between the unrefurbed and the refurbed value rooms...

Not so sure about free dining but might be worth seeing if you can get a room-only discount on the room (usually Disney USA releases room-only discounts that can be pretty good - however with the opening of Star Wars no one really knows what is going to happen and room prices seem to be going up).