Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

We only had 3 days tickets at 60 days out so I couldn't get a FP

We're only doing 1 day at AK

Noone in the party will do rope drop, so I was wondering if anyone has real experience of standby at different times as I really don't want to miss it.

I also read about getting in line at the end of the day, but it would mean keeping everyone waiting and I'm bound to get serious grief.

We're also doing ROL at the end of that day.

Is there any chance of a same day FP?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
From what I've read, and from my experiences of difficulty getting FP at 60 days out I think you will be very very lucky to pick up a same day FP, especailly for everyone in the party.

Only you and your party can decide whether an early start is worth while avoiding a massive queue later in the day
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

If it was me, I'd do rope drop by myself and arrange to meet the rest of the group later. It's too special to miss if you really want to ride it! Treat yourself to a Night Blossom afterwards too 😁😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
We only had 3 days tickets at 60 days out so I couldn't get a FP

We're only doing 1 day at AK

Noone in the party will do rope drop, so I was wondering if anyone has real experience of standby at different times as I really don't want to miss it.

I also read about getting in line at the end of the day, but it would mean keeping everyone waiting and I'm bound to get serious grief.

We're also doing ROL at the end of that day.

Is there any chance of a same day FP?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Probably not much chance of a same day FP, the other technique discussed widely on here is going last thing at night just before the park closes. Not sure how that fits in with ROL on your day, but there has been reports of waits less than an hour.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Leave the others in bed a go to Rope Drop yourself do the ride then let them all know how wonderful it was if you cant get a FP on the day.
Alternatively try on your way out after doing ROL
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

FOP is one of those fastpasses that you need to keep checking for as much as possible. We have always managed to get one after 30 days (normally for 4 of us) but this does mean sometimes getting an unsuitable time and then trying to modify it. Last year we managed to pick up two different time slots on the day with the tap and grab method but this was for just two of us.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We got FP the same day, last week, for all 5 of us. We were just searching for the next FP and there it was, with lots of different times available. I think the time we chose was 6.30pm. We were offsite and didn’t think we’d ever be able to ride it.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I would rope drop by myself in the morning. Going just before park close is discussed as an option, but it can still entail a long wait. You will be waiting in the morning too as you will have to get there early, but maybe that would be less disruptive to the rest of the group if you go alone and leave them all in bed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

Last time I checked, same day FP drop times at AK are 11.01, 1.01, 3.01, 5.01.

Also sign up for hour changes as if they extended hours additional could become available.
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I agree with the suggestion to just go and do rope drop yourself! (Though just be aware that rope drop does involve arriving to the park well in advance of opening time)

FOP is pretty amazing, definitely don't miss it... But at the same time I'm not sure it's worth a 3 hour wait time which it can sometimes get up to in the middle of the day... So would suggest rope drop or right before close as the better options.