Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Aug 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Upgrading a 14 day UK ticket to the Platinum pass should be approx. $600 including tax based on the current $150 upgrade cost to a Gold pass and the Platinum Plus being approx. another $106.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

All sorted today again at MK guest info at the bottom of main street. They knew exactly how to get that price, only took 5 mins. ID was needed.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Really finding the different prices confusing. On 19 August we were quoted $212.79 to upgrade adult 21 day UK Ultimates to DVC Gold Annual Passes, and $239.00 to upgrade the child ticket. This was at guest services inside Magic Kingdom.
Have I misunderstood the figures or are people really being offered a better deal to upgrade the 14 day ticket than the 21 day one? I’d love to only be looking at c$150 to upgrade but don’t know where/if this is possible. Our ultimates were purchased from Disney UK as part of a package on the free DDP offer if that makes any difference? We have a little time left yet to do the upgrade but I’m really not sure what the upgrade price should be, or where the best place to do it would be.
The other things that seem inconsistent are whether we could use the 21 Day tickets to go to a water park and subsequently still upgrade to a DVC Gold AP. Magic Kingdom said yes they didn’t see why not. Whereas Animal Kingdom said no definitely not if we use the water parks we can only upgrade to the platinum plus which is way too big a price hike for what I’ll need this year. I understand that normally if you e used the water parks you have to upgrade to platinum plus, but I seem to think I’ve read somewhere that the UK 21 day ultimate was the exception to this rule and you can upgrade to whatever you want. Perhaps I’m hallucinating lol! Confused! Help please.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Really finding the different prices confusing. On 19 August we were quoted $212.79 to upgrade adult 21 day UK Ultimates to DVC Gold Annual Passes, and $239.00 to upgrade the child ticket. This was at guest services inside Magic Kingdom.
Have I misunderstood the figures or are people really being offered a better deal to upgrade the 14 day ticket than the 21 day one? I’d love to only be looking at c$150 to upgrade but don’t know where/if this is possible. Our ultimates were purchased from Disney UK as part of a package on the free DDP offer if that makes any difference? We have a little time left yet to do the upgrade but I’m really not sure what the upgrade price should be, or where the best place to do it would be.
The other things that seem inconsistent are whether we could use the 21 Day tickets to go to a water park and subsequently still upgrade to a DVC Gold AP. Magic Kingdom said yes they didn’t see why not. Whereas Animal Kingdom said no definitely not if we use the water parks we can only upgrade to the platinum plus which is way too big a price hike for what I’ll need this year. I understand that normally if you e used the water parks you have to upgrade to platinum plus, but I seem to think I’ve read somewhere that the UK 21 day ultimate was the exception to this rule and you can upgrade to whatever you want. Perhaps I’m hallucinating lol! Confused! Help please.
Based on reports from previous posters (I have no personal experience) I would start by checking the tickets in the app. Do you get a possibility to upgrade? If so, that page should show you the price to upgrade to Platinum+, but more importantly, it should show you how much credit your 21-day tickets will give you towards your AP. If you can see that I would screenshot it and take it to GS.

From reports the adult 21-day ultimate has been valued from roughly $592 to $624 so the upgrade from a 21-day to a DVC gold pass should be in the $75-$107 range + tax, so $80-$114.

As for the water parks, sorry, can't help there.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m keen to know this too. Last time we were able to upgrade to gold AP after we’d used the mini golf many times.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

At WDW now and hoping to upgrade 14 day tickets to Gold passes.
Do you need to have used your tickets before any upgrade price shows in the app?
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Just upgraded 14 day tickets to Gold passes for $150.17
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for that. Had you used them for water parks or mini golf?
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Not used them for anything else, first day today. Upgraded them at Epcot and bought annual water passes at same time for $148 each
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for that. Have a great holiday!