Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

Star Wars Planning

Hi all - I thought I would have seen more in the way of updates on the new Start Wars land, but unless I'm looking in the wrong place i don't think I've seen anything

I was hoping to start planning how to make the most of the new rides as i seem to remember fastpasses aren't in use yet, and any other hints and tips to avoid a 4:30am start!

Has anyone been there yet? Or are there some other threads i should be looking on?

Thanks
cantwait2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Until Rise of the Resistance opens I don’t think you really worry too much but if you’re staying onsite I would definitely try and make use of the EEMH. I wouldn’t aim to get there for 6am as it’s often busier but plan on getting there between 7&8.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

So what is open at the moment? Are there any decent rides to get in the line for?
Thank you
cantwait2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Smugglers Run is the only ride open just now. It’s worth a go. Lines weren’t any longer than 75 minutes when we were there and as short as 25.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We were there last week, the queue for smugglers run was rarely over an hour, it definitely was busy first thing (according to MDE app) and then got quieter 11ish so I’d avoid going first thing as I honestly don’t think you need the very early alarm!

In general the land wasn’t too busy!

We did queue for smugglers run but in all honesty found it a little underwhelming, it’s like an updated star tours. If you’re a fan then of course go for it but if not you may wanna spend your time elsewhere and wait for another trip and the fastpasses that will no doubt come eventually!
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

That's great advice - thanks to both of you.
Certainly not a dedicated fan, and this might be our last trip for a good few years. So DD will definitely want to make sure we get on Smugglers run.
I'm delighted i wont need the earlier alarm!
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We wandered through a few times last week. We went at different times of day but never very early or late, probably between 11am and 5pm. We got onto Smugglers Run in ten minutes at about 4pm using the single rider line, we were then placed on the same ride anyway with a third single rider and a party of three.

To be honest, I am not sure there is that much to report back about. We liked Docking Bay 7, one of the eateries and we think it will become very popular.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

We weren’t that impressed with Smuggers Run, but the land itself looks amazing and there are lots of fun touches. We saw R2D2 wandering around one shop, stormtroopers stopped to have stern words with my daughters etc.
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Loved Smugglers Run my new fav ride, so much fun with 4 others all shouting instructions etc. We never waited more than 40 mins and did it 5 times while there, once back to back, place was so empty. We used to get there at around 7am (early morning people) and there were never many people in Batu. Its beautiful at night the colours are fantastic and we found it far more attractive then Pandora at night. I much preferred it to the Pandora ride personally.
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Mobile

On our first day when we’ll be up early we are planning to do HS. Well head to Toy story Land first and do the other rides which will be empty then do GE around 7 when the initial influx is starting to drift away to other parts of the park
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List