Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Barclaycard have refunded my money today. Showing on my Barclaycard now.
All in all not a bad service considering the amount of claims.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
traveller1
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I rang Virgin on the 23rd and they said I'd get the form in 3 to 5 days. Rang back on Wed 2nd Oct, told a form would be sent out. Really frustrating as they told me I had to send the form back within 14 days and I haven't even received it in that time.
traveller1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by traveller1 View Post
I rang Virgin on the 23rd and they said I'd get the form in 3 to 5 days. Rang back on Wed 2nd Oct, told a form would be sent out. Really frustrating as they told me I had to send the form back within 14 days and I haven't even received it in that time.
Yes they gave me till 9th October which was stated on the letter or they would close the case! Trying to pull a fast one. Do they think we’ll just forget about it!.
I sent it back recorded delivery just to make sure received!. Fed up with this now. Just a good job we aren’t waiting for the money to book other flights 😳
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Tesco refunded my money - requested transfer to my bank.

Just waiting to hear about my second claim for consequential loses (e.g. money back for rebooking my flights at higher cost / airport hotel etc)
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

still nothing from sainsburys no paper work no communication good job I am hassling them otherwise nothing
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
Yes they gave me till 9th October which was stated on the letter or they would close the case! Trying to pull a fast one. Do they think we’ll just forget about it!.
I sent it back recorded delivery just to make sure received!. Fed up with this now. Just a good job we aren’t waiting for the money to book other flights 😳
I've just phone Virgin to check if my form has been sent and was told it was sent out on 2 October, so hopefully will arrive shortly.
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
traveller1
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
I've just phone Virgin to check if my form has been sent and was told it was sent out on 2 October, so hopefully will arrive shortly.
I've just done the same, posted on the 2nd as well and they said if it doesn't arrive tomorrow to ring them again. What a faff lol
traveller1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Its only dishonest if you lie... I am not suggesting anyone lies...

If you don't get what you pay for then you should get your money back. That is section 75.

What if someone has paid for premium ? or premium economy ?

What if you was due to come back on the Saturday but now you are coming back on the Friday or the Sunday or Monday and the knock on consequences ?

If I bought a toaster and it didnt come then section 75 would pay. The fact a friend gave me a free toaster instead doesn't change the first fact. Its a very grey area.

The fact is you are not getting the service you paid for.

What claiming on your CC should and should not be for will come down to the law and not anything we can make up.

Given the behaviour of the banks over the years - PPI - sub prime mortgages - world banking crisis - the taking of billions of pounds of public money and so on. When it comes to dishonesty the average joe is light years behind the banks!

I say submit your claim and give it ago.
Here, here to this post.

My wife and I were booked premium economy direct from Vegas to Manchester on 29/09/19. Due to the collapse we were forced to take a repatriation flight in Economy with American Airlines on 30/09/19 with a 5 hour layover in Philadelphia.

I was willing (and tried) to pay for a similar flight/service to the one we would have had with TC, but unsurprisingly nothing was available.

As a result I expect section 75 to refund me the cost of my flights as well as my not inconsiderable consequential losses due to flying out 26 hours later than planned and the journey taking an extra 11 hours.

With regards to the following statement from UK Finance, if they can point out where in the terms it states they can reject claims on this basis I will accept it!

"A spokesperson for UK Finance, the banks’ trade association, rejected the possibility that passengers would be able to claim for Thomas Cook flights, saying: “Non-ATOL protected customers who have been repatriated under the government/CAA scheme will not be able to claim a full refund on their original flight tickets under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act as they would have received a return flight.”
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone else still waiting for Tesco?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Anyone else still waiting for Tesco?
🙋🏼 Me! I keep checking my account but it’s still empty
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List