Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Jan 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

AOA or POFQ HELP !

If I book the cheaper AOA, do I only get one free meal on the dining plan really wanted 2 quick service meals, obviously going to wait till April, never done this before so I’m nervous, our son who we are paying for likes the look of POFQ, but with a 4 year old GDS, I think AOA would be better, is the location ok & I’ve just seen last night they have the Skyliner
So much pressure when you book for others, I will show him the food court menus at both hotels to maybe decide, POFQ looks a bit creole & gumbo not sure if this would be good,
Any advice would be great
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Mobile

You could always upgrade to the quick service dining plan if you went for AOA. I wouldn’t let the food court menus put you off a hotel. We love POFQ but only ate in the food court once.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, first of all, AoA is generally excluded from the free dining offer.

so we'll see AoA gets free QS credit for free dining or not

if it does , then you can still upgrade to QSDP for a fee
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

You only get one QS credit with a value hotel free dining, you could pay to upgrade to the QSDP though. AoA rooms are not always included in the free dining offers.

If you are in the standard rooms in AoA you will have a bit of a walk to the main reception / dining areas. I wouldn’t let the food court menus come into my decision making, there are hundreds of places to eat at Disney, you might not go to your own resort food court more than a couple of times.

If I were choosing between the two, I would pick POFQ as it is nice compact moderate. And it’s food court is lovely, but up I mention that as an aside, not as a decision point.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Ok thanks everyone for your advice, will sit down with my son & show him the options, just some nights didn’t want to go for a trek to find dinner so can eat in the food courts
Roll on April 🇺🇸🤞
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We loved POFQ- AoA little mermaid rooms are far from the food court. Also remember the QSDP also gives you 2 snacks a day and the refillable mug. When we compared AoA and POFQwith free dining - POFQ was cheaper when taking the food into account. AoA looks great and with the skyline I am tempted but POFQ was a better deal for us.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

At AoA you can use food court at Pop or hop on the Skyliner and eat at CBR or Riviera within minutes.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

We were very happy at POFQ.

The buses there were frequent and not crowded when they arrived there. We had the option of getting on the boat to Downtown Disney (as it was then) too.

Kids loved the pool also. Only ate in the restaurant the one time there (we didn't have any dining plan) and it was 'ok'.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
We loved POFQ- AoA little mermaid rooms are far from the food court.
from the center of the LM section to food court : 400 meters
edge of POFQ to food court: 350 meters

this basically means that a guest staying at POFQ in building 7 may walk more to the food court than a guest staying in the closest parts of building 7 or 9 at AoA:LM

resort size is often a red herring on forums
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed at both resorts, the AoA is aimed more at young children and I loved it , the food court had a large choice of food which was lovely but doesnt usually have the breakfast offer on ,but as people say you could pay extra for the dining plan.The POFQ is a smaller quieter resort with boats to DS which is good.The food resort is a bit creole, gumbo, po boy type food and not as much choice and I wasnt very keen on it.When we were planning this years stay we compared AoA with POFQ and there wasnt much difference in the price but you got free dining and $100 gift voucher for FQ.We eventually went for FQ but I rang up a couple of weeks ago and changed it to Caribbean so we could eat at the Riviera, as well as skyliner and that was £250 cheaper.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List