Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Apr 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Villa Owners - is this a reasonable request? - UPDATE

We're due to fly out on 6 July with BA, staying in a villa (not a Dibb one).

My travel insurance is very clear that if the FCO advise against travel then my villa payment would be covered and refunded by them.

However, if the FCO lift their advisory against traveling but the USA don't allow visitors then we are NOT covered.

My balance is due on 15 April and if all goes well (and all restrictions are lifted) we still intend to travel.

My question for villa owners - would you be happy to move the date that a balance was due to approx 4 weeks before arrival? Do you think that is a reasonable request?

I will completely understand if the owner says no, they could possibly rent the villa to someone from the States (if travel advice permits).

Unfortunately, if the owner can't change the balance due date I'll probably have to cancel.

UPDATE:-

My villa balance was due today and I've just heard from the villa owner advising me not to pay the balance at the moment.

She's confirmed that our booking won't be affected. I'm so pleased about this, she could have held me to the T&Cs but she hasn't.

Edited at 06:24 PM. Reason: Update
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We personally are not taking any outstanding balances at this time but I stress that is a personal stance
You can but ask
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I have moved 2 guests balance due dates so far, the only way to get a sure answer is to ask the owner if this is something they could do for you.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
I think your request to delay payment of the final balance until four weeks before is a reasonable one, but I guess it doesn't really matter what any of us would do, all that matters is what your villa owner is prepared to offer.

Debra
Old 6 Apr 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It's always worth asking, I would say in your favour that I'd think it unlikely that the villa owner could rent it out that quick- Even if Trump lifts restrictions mid June/early July, the vast majority of Americans (those that still have jobs) will be going back to work IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

We are also not taking any balances at this time. Little point with everything so uncertain.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We asked our villa owner the same thing as my balance is due now and wondered if we could pay it closer to the time when we know more. Unfortunately my villa owner has said no, so have to decide by this weekend what we want to do.

I can understand as they do have a mortgage etc to pay but I'm currently thinking I'd rather only lose my deposit than the full rental amount. I still need to get hold of my travel insurance to make sure they will cover if I make the payment and then can't go.

Can I just say well done and thank you to the other villa owners who have replied to this thread, I know it's not always possible to offer the delay of payment but it's nice to know some owners will and do.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Boot on the other foot here! I’ve been trying to get hold of a guest whose balance is overdue to say ‘don’t worry at the moment, just keep in touch and we’ll see how things work out’. I’ve emailed and messaged, no response at all, I totally know there might be other things going on in their life too but I can see she was on messenger 42 minutes ago and is clearly ignoring my message which wS sent yesterday and the email 3 days ago.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We also have delayed receiving balances and have moved some bookings to next year.

We are all hoping that things will get better in the near future.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 8 Apr 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all so much for the responses, it's great to hear from an owner's perspective.

It's a tough time for everyone and I completely understand that there is a financial impact to owners too.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List