Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snoobs View Post
Ah right, what about BA? Or shall I just give up and sob quietly? I feel like I'm losing the battle, orginal booking was for March, I moved it over to August as it got cancelled and then virgin moved us to Heathrow, and now cancelled that. I really don't want to give up on our holiday, especially as I can't change my annual leave again so it's not as if we could go later this year instead.

I am determined that we shall see Mickey this year, and I am determined to enjoy every moment!

I just want to go on holiday 😭😭😭😭
Even if you get to go you need to transit through one of these airports as MCO isn’t accepting international flights direct.
The new restrictions limit the number of airports to which flights from international destinations can operate to the USA. The 13 airports are:

JFK (New York)
EWR (Newark)
IAD (Washington DC)
BOS (Boston)
ORD (Chicago)
DTW (Detroit)
MIA (Miami)
ATL (Atlanta)
DFW (Dallas)
LAX (Los Angeles)
SEA (Seattle)
SFO (San Francisco)
HNL (Honolulu)
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I think BA are still scheduling some flights although lots have been cancelled already. I know Gatwick to Tampa haven’t been Cancelled yet on Fridays, Sunday’s and Tuesdays but might just be a matter of time I suspect. It’s not about giving up as you put it, but I think it might be wise to try and reschedule something a little bit further down the line.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dave View Post
Even if you get to go you need to transit through one of these airports as MCO isn’t accepting international flights direct.
The new restrictions limit the number of airports to which flights from international destinations can operate to the USA. The 13 airports are:

JFK (New York)
EWR (Newark)
IAD (Washington DC)
BOS (Boston)
ORD (Chicago)
DTW (Detroit)
MIA (Miami)
ATL (Atlanta)
DFW (Dallas)
LAX (Los Angeles)
SEA (Seattle)
SFO (San Francisco)
HNL (Honolulu)
That’s true but as things currently stand, these airports are only for essential travel, repatriation etc... They’re not open for tourists.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Go Go Go August people, get creative with your flight routes, and if you have the money and are comfortable travelling, there should be ways to get there, even if it takes a bit of detective work to figure out airports and logistics.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Go Go Go August people, get creative with your flight routes, and if you have the money and are comfortable travelling, there should be ways to get there, even if it takes a bit of detective work to figure out airports and logistics.
I think it’s worth adding a little caveat to that to say that no US airports are currently allowing tourists into the country. This is not to dampen positivity, it is just to save people from potentially wasting thousands of pounds on flights they cannot board
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Regretfully I’m out!

Think the best way for anyone who is still able to go is BA LHR - MIA
Or via New York.

It would be fabulous to hear from anyone that makes it this August.

We are off to Crete hopefully August 13th, so mixed feelings.

Keep the faith 😀
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Care to give us a few clues with this warning on the ESTA web site?

In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled. ESTA will not refund applications that are canceled due to this Proclamation. Travelers who have questions about whether they are subject to, or exempted from, the Proclamation should refer to the Proclamation language, and consult with the U.S. Department of State and the air carrier, as appropriate, in advance of travel to avoid travel disruptions. Proclamation 9984 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus and Other Appropriate Measures To Address This Risk), Proclamation 9992 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus), and Proclamation 9993 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus) all remain in effect.

And I've been the constant voice of positivity so far

Mick
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are still in until 8 days before (8th August), where we will need to cancel our package.

The good news is that we should know before that whether we can fly into New York and then from there - if that can happen we are going. If not, obviously we would be out.

We have back-up options so will holiday in August!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Care to give us a few clues with this warning on the ESTA web site?

In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled. ESTA will not refund applications that are canceled due to this Proclamation. Travelers who have questions about whether they are subject to, or exempted from, the Proclamation should refer to the Proclamation language, and consult with the U.S. Department of State and the air carrier, as appropriate, in advance of travel to avoid travel disruptions. Proclamation 9984 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus and Other Appropriate Measures To Address This Risk), Proclamation 9992 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus), and Proclamation 9993 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus) all remain in effect.

And I've been the constant voice of positivity so far

Mick
and thats for now , today 28 June

Everything changes, things are fluid. Whats valid in June may not be valid in August.

For me personally, if I was planning August right now , I would most certainly get creative with flights and hotels.

HOWEVER

I would have a back up plan.

I would make sure that I could reschedule flights with no change fee or minimal change fee up to a few days before departure.

I would have either refundable hotels or hotels which can be cancelled a few days before arrival without penalty.

I would have Disney or other tickets with a 2021 expiry date.

I am planning California in October and this is what I have done.

If you want something bad enough and have the money and are comfortable travelling right now, there are ways and means of getting there. However, always have a back up plan, be logical and practical, have an open mind and be flexible with your plans.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

and thats for now , today 28 June

Everything changes, things are fluid. Whats valid in June may not be valid in August.

For me personally, if I was planning August right now , I would most certainly get creative with flights and hotels.

HOWEVER

I would have a back up plan.

I would make sure that I could reschedule flights with no change fee or minimal change fee up to a few days before departure.

I would have either refundable hotels or hotels which can be cancelled a few days before arrival without penalty.

I would have Disney or other tickets with a 2021 expiry date.

I am planning California in October and this is what I have done.

If you want something bad enough and have the money and are comfortable travelling right now, there are ways and means of getting there. However, always have a back up plan, be logical and practical, have an open mind and be flexible with your plans.
I fully agree with having a back up plans, everything cancellable etc. They’ll be people in this thread who have no choice but to wait it out and change plans etc.

I just think with the head of reason, organising a fresh August 2020 holiday on 28th June which is potentially just over 4 weeks away from August would take some courage, even if money is no object.